Current Overall North American Grip Rankings - Updated October 1 - UNOFFICIAL

Eric Roussin

A few months ago I posted a list of the men I consider to be the overall top 10 active grip athletes in North America. Based on the results of the contests that were held over the summer, I thought a few adjustments were in order. So, here’s my current list:

1 - Jedd Johnson

2 - Tanner Merkle

3 - Carl Myerscough

4 - Gil Goodman

5 - Adam Glass

6 - Kody Burns

7 - Luke Raymond

8 - Aaron Corcorran

9 - Martins Licis*

10 - Eric Roussin

*I neglected to include Martins on the list last time.

What do you think?

• Like 4

The top 5 cannot be disputed- the order perhaps but that looks very strong. No disrespect intended but I would not have Kody Burns at #6 maybe #10.

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

The top 5 cannot be disputed- the order perhaps but that looks very strong. No disrespect intended but I would not have Kody Burns at #6 maybe #10.

Based on the past 12 months, that might be more accurate.

• Like 1

Where am I?  I didn't finish last at Legends. That's gotta count for something.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Where am I?  I didn't finish last at Legends. That's gotta count for something.  😉

You won Most Valuable Rower - Summer of Rows 2019- that's the best ranking:) Seriously, it would be hard to find 18 better rowers(SOR'19) without straps, on the grip planet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's always hard to tell where Kody is. He is someone that could show up beat us all out of nowhere. I have not seen any recent training posts from him, though.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

A few months ago I posted a list of the men I consider to be the overall top 10 active grip athletes in North America.

16 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

What do you think?

How close to the Top 10 would Clay Edgin be?

Or has he not competed much lately?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

How close to the Top 10 would Clay Edgin be?

Or has he not competed much lately?

Very close.

51 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Isn't Carl Myerscough from England?

Yes, but he moved to the US several years ago.

The fact I'm not up there is a travesty of epic proportions. Never in my life have I seen such blatant ignorance of my skill, finesse and power.

But I'm a kind god emperor and am willing to forgive your transgressions. Submit before me or suffer the searing pain of 10,000 of your suns. You have 1 hour to comply.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Squeezus said:

It's always hard to tell where Kody is. He is someone that could show up beat us all out of nowhere. I have not seen any recent training posts from him, though.

Agreed, but I think you have to put Luke ahead of him at this point.  NAGS champ, followed by NAGS runner up and runner up at Living Legends against a stacked field.  All we have to go on is recent contest history.  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts... we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts... we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

What in tarnation 

This list reminds me of something I have been wanting to say for a few years. I wish Wade Gillingham would enter a contest one of these days. Many years ago, he competed in some contests, and more recently, in the Mighty Mitts at the Arnold Classic. 

I doubt if Wade is turned on by lists, but if he entered a contest, he would be "on the list", no question in my mind. 

If CPAs, lawyers and people over 50 enter these things, nothing wrong with a professional with a World Class Grip competing as well. 

If Wade's wife is anything like mine (thinks all of this stuff is stupid), then I don't blame him 😎

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

This list reminds me of something I have been wanting to say for a few years. I wish Wade Gillingham would enter a contest one of these days. Many years ago, he competed in some contests, and more recently, in the Mighty Mitts at the Arnold Classic. 

I doubt if Wade is turned on by lists, but if he entered a contest, he would be "on the list", no question in my mind. 

If CPAs, lawyers and people over 50 enter these things, nothing wrong with a professional with a World Class Grip competing as well. 

If Wade's wife is anything like mine (thinks all of this stuff is stupid), then I don't blame him 😎

If wade and chad regularly competed. No one would show up after awhile.

edit: people would just to watch galaxy class grip in action. 

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Does Wade live in North America?

On 10/1/2019 at 2:57 PM, Eric Roussin said:

A few months ago I posted a list of the men I consider to be the overall top 10 active grip athletes in North America. Based on the results of the contests that were held over the summer, I thought a few adjustments were in order. So, here’s my current list:

1 - Jedd Johnson

2 - Tanner Merkle

3 - Carl Myerscough

4 - Gil Goodman

5 - Adam Glass

6 - Kody Burns

7 - Luke Raymond

8 - Aaron Corcorran

9 - Martins Licis*

10 - Eric Roussin

*I neglected to include Martins on the list last time.

What do you think?

What does one need to do to make this list?

33 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What does one need to do to make this list?

Competitors must have competed at least once in the past 12 months, and have contest results that warrant them being placed ahead of someone who's currently ranked.

• Thanks 1

To stir the pot a touch - what about Odd Haugen? 😉

7 hours ago, bwwm said:

To stir the pot a touch - what about Odd Haugen? 😉

I don't think he's well rounded enough to place high on the variety of implements normally contested. I belive if he focused on it he could definitely make that list, but that's true for a lot of people. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I don't think he's well rounded enough to place high on the variety of implements normally contested. I belive if he focused on it he could definitely make that list, but that's true for a lot of people. 

This was my reasoning for not including him on the list. He continues to demonstrate his thick bar and Saxon bar pinching abilities, but he doesn’t compete in most of the other commonly contested grip sport events.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

This was my reasoning for not including him on the list. He continues to demonstrate his thick bar and Saxon bar pinching abilities, but he doesn’t compete in most of the other commonly contested grip sport events.

Does Martin Liscis? Of what I've seen he does pretty much the same stuff as Odd is doing? Maybe I have missed something.

I would throw in John McCarter there. I don't know if he has competed in the past 12 months but I know he put up some very impressive numbers in a contest not that long ago.

9 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Does Martin Liscis? Of what I've seen he does pretty much the same stuff as Odd is doing? Maybe I have missed something.

I would throw in John McCarter there. I don't know if he has competed in the past 12 months but I know he put up some very impressive numbers in a contest not that long ago.

Martins typically competes in all events when he enters an Armlifting contest (SB, hub, vertical lifts).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Roussin said:

Martins typically competes in all events when he enters an Armlifting contest (SB, hub, vertical lifts).

Ok, where can I find results from these competitions?

• Confused 1

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Ok, where can I find results from these competitions?

Google is your friend.  Unless you are paying Eric to be your bitch and do your leg work, why should he do your research? 

• Like 2