Building my own DIY wrist and hand strengthening tools

TheParacordist

MacGyvering a forearm wrist roller. I was an amateur boxer in 1990’s. I’m a good teacher and used to assist with teaching punching mechanics to new boxers. I always believed power transfer from people mechanics was inhibited by weak wrist and hand strength. Not to mention increased likelihood of injury. I thought I’d share some of the DIY implements I’m making to get strong again, fight the degenerative effects of working on a computer all day, and to start some bag work for fitness. All are based on things I’ve seen here and and wrestling videos. The first is a wrist roller. Many people use these with light weight and high reps (often with arms outstretched) for endurance. I’m looking to increment weights and build strength, so 5-8 reps and higher weights are my thing. For this reason, I want to isolate the movement and take the shoulders “weightlifting“ out of it. Here is what I came up with after seeing something similar. It’s rigged to a nautilus machine in my basement that I’m repurposing for grip work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS8Hy77TKJI

• Like 1