AGP 2019 SK

KapMan

Man. I love the PUA. 

Only they can pull a no obligations event, keep it fun and engaging and make it feel like theres zero worry. I came in with no goals in mind, being hyper competitive is a mood killer for me and my peeps. So I just wanted the chips fall where they may and have fun.  This contest was competitive without the competitive feel. It was a breath of fresh air. 

I drove about 2 hours and 35 minutes to the contest. Pulling up made me feel like fight club, the area was at the end of a street, dingy and at a warehouse. Perfect for grip and the assembled motely crew. Sign my waiver weighed my big fat ass at 301 and got ready to get down. First up was grippers...i didnt do it 😆 I really wasn’t feeling it and 140 felt kinda stiff when I was fooling around plus my hand sounded like dried noodles breaking, gross. So I judged a bit which was a cool aspect I never go to experience before and gladly do again. 

Next was levertop. Dont own one, never trained it. Thought it would be cool to try. Man. What an ass whooper. I didnt realize the amount of technique involved in this lift. I got around 70. Eh. PR nonetheless. Watching james smash the record was pretty cool. Although I could of done without his smug polo wearing Country club warmups hahah,  I kid. 

afterwards I battled it out with chop on crusher. Last time I touched it was SJ4 and pulled 166 or something. So getting 170 and near missing 175 is pretty cool. Still need to work harder. After that I nearly lifted 2 hundo on the euro. Just random. But a near miss gives me hope that if I took it seriously I could be up there.  Did the hub after, I suck at hub. Missed 65 twice..

im actually glad no medley was had. There wasn’t much of one and it was composed of blob(screw blobs) and some hammers. I think subconsciously the gang Knew that the medley wasnt gonna happen. I went outside to make a fool of myself trying out some highland games stuff and that was that. Nothing too it. I got second in crusher and got a Henze Original. The Franken-stub (thanks James for think of me) also picked up a smooth 2 3/8 axle from my boy Clint. 

All in all I had a great time. The PUA are a great gang who love strength sports and wanna bring folk together who do as well. These types of events are great.  I really liked having the ability to choose from a set of events, and in hindsight I should of went with grippers and euro anyways. I really appreciate the time and effort they took to put it together. Im looking forward to the next one. 

Edited by KapMan
Without...damnit I cant type
  • Like 9

It was great having you Shawn!  It was cool seeing it come down the wire between you and Porkchop. I'm glad you made the trip out, and looking forward to seeing you again. As always you are welcome in Charlotte.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish I checked the board more frequently and could have planned to make the trip.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

I wish I checked the board more frequently and could have planned to make the trip.  

Next year we will get the dates out earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...