A "new" rule from 2004

JJM

March 12, 2004. Rough day for gripsters. I had a fun time reading this thread I ran into by accident.

After 15 years, what do you think of the "new" rule.

I personally love the rule. I bought my first gripper in 2014. It was COC #1 which I couldn't close but after one week when I figured out how to set it correctly for CCS close.

For five years I've trained grippers almost only with credit card set and had my narrow-minded thought: "it's the CCS or no close". Yesterday was the first day in my life I decided to really try MMS and had a blast. I easily closed my heaviest #2.5 and had three good attempts with #3. I also closed the #2.5 with my off-hand. Using MMS is definately a strong asset in the journey towards closing the #3 with CCS.

Edited by JJM

I wasn't around when they made the change but I have always disliked the CCS rule and it's the main reason I don't care about IM certs.

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I wasn't around when they made the change but I have always disliked the CCS rule and it's the main reason I don't care about IM certs.

Can you CCS a Trainer? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hopefully said:

My girlfriend actually can not ccs anything, her hands are too small. So there is a limit 😃

Would she be strong enough to close it otherwise? 😁