Discussion: Grip Training Implements NEEDED for Well-Rounded Grip Strength

Onerepman

16 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

Very unbalanced though. Right hand at least %40 stronger than the left 

Not if you're playing the field.  Definitely can't stay monogamous! 

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

https://exrx.net/WeightExercises/WristFlexors/DBUlnarFlexion

I do it because it helps with setting heavy grippers and is prehab to wrist injuries. 

Also flexor carpi ulnaris _may_ be involved in the amount of power you can produce from your pinky finger, it attaches at the base of your pinky. Somewhat unclear. The muscle is very active during a crushing motion though. 

Huh, I've never thought of the deviation involved in setting a gripper that's super interesting

18 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

https://exrx.net/WeightExercises/WristFlexors/DBUlnarFlexion

I do it because it helps with setting heavy grippers and is prehab to wrist injuries. 

Also flexor carpi ulnaris _may_ be involved in the amount of power you can produce from your pinky finger, it attaches at the base of your pinky. Somewhat unclear. The muscle is very active during a crushing motion though. 

I just gave away this secret in a previous post. See a few back on hammers and using them as gripper strengtheners

8 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. 

It’s part of the equation . You can use it in the fashion for the same thing. The rear hammer lever. You can also open the fingers and close them while flexing the wrist for ulnar deviating. Face levers also do this with the ulnar deviating and pinky component. I think that is why my no set grippers are so easy for me.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It’s part of the equation . You can use it in the fashion for the same thing. The rear hammer lever. You can also open the fingers and close them while flexing the wrist for ulnar deviating. Face levers also do this with the ulnar deviating and pinky component. I think that is why my no set grippers are so easy for me.

What do you mean by "open and close fingers while flexing the wrist?" I do not compute this. If you are holding a hammer you cannot open fingers because hammer will go in the direction of gravity hopefuly not on a foot. :)

8 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

What do you mean by "open and close fingers while flexing the wrist?" I do not compute this. If you are holding a hammer you cannot open fingers because hammer will go in the direction of gravity hopefuly not on a foot. :)

Yes you can, you can open the fingers while holding the hammer and then squeeze them closed. Want me to show you? 

8 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

It sounds pretty straight forward to me & good tip too. I've seen Joe lift anvils in flip flops, so I think he'd be pretty safe with a hammer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes you can, you can open the fingers while holding the hammer and then squeeze them closed. Want me to show you? 

I would like to see that yes!

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here is the demo on how to make it gripper specIfic..... keep your eyes on the fingers!! 

That forearm is level 9000!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here is the demo on how to make it gripper specIfic..... keep your eyes on the fingers!! 

Thanks for the demo.