Adjustable DB with fat grip

Bearhugger

Hey all, I have an adjustable Olympic dumbbell and a 2.2 inch yes4all “fat grip”.

I was curious how much carry over this has to the Inch Dumbbell. I picked up 170 relatively easily the other day, I figure that the Inch would be harder p4p because of the spinning action (although my fat grip spins on it).

Never trained on an inch before so I’ve been messing with this doing rows and loaded up deadlifts until I get my hands on an inch. 

None really. Thick bar work helps fo sho. But whats missing is that sexy rotation. Inch wrench and the FBBC device are gonna hook you right up. But even then as talked about 78866765565 times on this board theres still no promise you will get it.

Legend has it that if you are over 90 on the wrench you will have a greater chance of lifting the highly coveted inch. Im currently sitting at 85 on the inch wrench and popped up the actual inch replica with little over 10 pounds of deload( adding magnetic weights to the finger side to counter the natural rotation of the bell) i believe the inch wrench and my 2 3/8” DB snatches have helped get me closer. 

Edited by KapMan

15 minutes ago, KapMan said:

None really. Thick bar work helps fo sho. But whats missing is that sexy rotation. Inch wrench and the FBBC device are gonna hook you right up. But even then as talked about 78866765565 times on this board theres still no promise you will get it.

Legend has it that if you are over 90 on the wrench you will have a greater chance of lifting the highly coveted inch. Im currently sitting at 85 on the inch wrench and popped up the actual inch replica with little over 10 pounds of deload( adding magnetic weights to the finger side to counter the natural rotation of the bell) i believe the inch wrench and my 2 3/8” DB snatches have helped get me closer. 

What’s the inch wrench ?

1 minute ago, Bearhugger said:

What’s the inch wrench ?

Tool made for arm wrestling @Lucasraymond Makes them. Its a thick bar with straps that force rotation on the thumb side like an inch. Here is the Double version but I mainly use it as a single.