Sign in to follow this  
Hopefully

RP trainer; pictures

Hopefully

Anyone have pictures of the RP trainer that a user here made a few years back? I've tried but can't find any. Seems like an interesting device. 

I thought about buying the imtugs and filing them down for rom, just as a fun spice to training every once in a while. However, while closing grippers it's easy to just focus your power on rp and relaxing the other two so I kind of fail to see the practical point of them. 

I know a few have praised them but the majority seem to hate 'em. 

wobbler

That adjustable thing with the short handles? Don't remember where I found that picture but apparently I downloaded it about 4 years ago.

I like the imtugs for thumb stuff. Grab a 2,3,4 if you see them used. 1 is too easy for anything and 5 is pretty hard.

You can close it with just your thumb against your palm, or do key pinch, thumb+index pinch, etc.

I tried but don't like them for individual finger or like ring/pinky gripper style closes, doesn't feel right.

post-8144-0-27688000-1350165760.jpg

Hopefully

So that's what it looked like, thanks. Looks like a pretty cool toy. A shame he isn't active anymore afaik, I would have bought one. Although choking a RBA would probably work just as well. 

I can see that but in that case I can just do thumb curls instead. 

Edited by Hopefully

Shal9097

What do you mean when you say thumb curl? What does that look like?

• Like 1

Hopefully
37 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

What do you mean when you say thumb curl? What does that look like?

Just like biceps curl but with your thumb. I have a chain that I attach weights to with a carabiner, and on the other side I have (dont know the english name) this plastic band thing through the chain that you can use to hold cables together for example, which you can adjust the tightness or diameter by pulling on one side of it. Anyway I have that set so that I can just about get it on my thumb and then I let it sit in the first crease of my thumb. 

.. And then I curl. It works great, get the whole range of motion. From extended to tightly curled up in the palm. 

• Thanks 1