301 lb / 135.5 kg Two hand pinch FBBC Saxon bar

AdamTGlass

@acorn checkmate 

bw 215 lb 

also hit a pr 112.5 kg on 3” at Olympia so this is pretty great week to be working dem clamps 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

300 on a 2 hand pinch!  Whoa!  Have you tried a Euro lately?  I know the number is usually lower than on Saxon (for me it is anyway), but I think the record is quite a bit below 300.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

300 on a 2 hand pinch!  Whoa!  Have you tried a Euro lately?  I know the number is usually lower than on Saxon (for me it is anyway), but I think the record is quite a bit below 300.

Vinnie it’s been some time since I dusted off the euro set up. Having 5 sizes of Saxon allows me the adjustable function. It seems no one contests euro that often and the APL went with Saxon bars so that’s what I like to use. This 2” x 5” bar designed by Aaron is my very most comfortable set up- that bar feels welded to my hand when I grip up I love it 

• Like 2

Is your 2 x 5 similar to the 2.5 we used at the comp in June?  That one was perfect; I got on that about where I usually max on 2, even though 2 is my better width.  I'd love to try the 2 x 5.  Maybe if there is a Texas comp next June I can come again.  I should have done the 3 though because now I still need a 3 inch Saxon for the World quals, but I should get that next week in West Virginia (it's not in the comp but they are bringing one to use for an official entry). 

Doing King Kong at Jedd's.  That'll be a good venue also.  Keep grippin.

Vin

• Like 2

Vinnie I will send you a projected 2020 FtW meet schedule. I’ll host at least 5 events. Jan, March, August, and September will all be for Expos so the local meets sort in to the other months on the calendar. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the pull Adam!!!!  That is seriously bad ass!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Vinnie it’s been some time since I dusted off the euro set up. Having 5 sizes of Saxon allows me the adjustable function. It seems no one contests euro that often and the APL went with Saxon bars so that’s what I like to use. This 2” x 5” bar designed by Aaron is my very most comfortable set up- that bar feels welded to my hand when I grip up I love it 

I’m with you on the Saxon bar being my choice over any other pinch and would rather use it over the euro any day! It’s very comfortable in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m with you on the Saxon bar being my choice over any other pinch and would rather use it over the euro any day! It’s very comfortable in my opinion. 

Joe as my wrist flexion continues to improve I predict I’ll be in to the 325 range fast. It’s a top bar, truly one of the most used tools imo 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Joe as my wrist flexion continues to improve I predict I’ll be in to the 325 range fast. It’s a top bar, truly one of the most used tools imo 

I’m glad I added it in!

4 days later 2 more reps and another partial at 306 

Soon sets of 5....

• Like 2

Great lift Adam!  I'm more comfortable with 2.5", but the FBBC 2x5 at Legends felt pretty good too.

• Like 1