Thomas inch dumbbell lifters video evidence log

There have been a few threads speculating about how many have lifted the inch. No one knows, and this list won’t tell us how many actually have, if they don’t see it to respond  or have video, but if you have a video and would like to be part of this thread, please submit it. Would be cool to see how many hits we can get of actual video footage of inch dumbbell lifters on the board of Gripucation!  I’ll be the first to post... I will post a few from 2 different Thomas inches. (Please, no stopping of the rotation with the off hand or “almost” lifts). This is for a record of full  lifts.  

Edited by Guest

Sorry guys unfortunately I no longer have the video of me lifting it so you’ll just have to take my word for it

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I know Bob Sundin has lifted the inch, and is currently working on thumbless. @jasonotto might have video. 

Edit: Ive seen it too. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KapMan said:

I know Bob Sundin has lifted the inch, and is currently working on thumbless. @jasonotto might have video. 

Edit: Ive seen it too. 

Yea, it’s known he can lift it,  and I have seen it as well (in the rain for Bob), this is for posting of video, for those that may not have seen it for our own little record of verifying as this subject comes up all the time. Rather than us speculating or saying we saw it, let’s post the videos so there is no room for doubts. 

26 minutes ago, jchapman said:

What happened to balancing empty cans on top of each bell to prove there is no tilt?  Wasn’t that a thing for a while?

.This is for verification of inch lifts on video.... not for how much of a tilt or no tilt. If you have a video, then post it. Just no help from off hand or partial lifts.

Not what I would call a Gripboard rule passing lift, but just for posterity sake 😉

• Like 5

This was my first inch lift

• Like 3

Inch x100 reps 19 minutes 

• Like 7

Have done it lefty but not recorded

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Inch x100 reps 19 minutes 

Wow, each one was very very close; maybe if you just do it 50 times in 10 minutes you will eke out a good one ...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wow, each one was very very close; maybe if you just do it 50 times in 10 minutes you will eke out a good one ...

Fair enough my friend - what about 20 in 60 seconds? 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AdamTGlass said:

Fair enough my friend - what about 20 in 60 seconds? 

https://youtu.be/TiQWZpQwC2c

I was kinda kidding a la Clarino supra - although it does seem that the lifts are higher in the 20-rep video.  That's some endurance on both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Stronger then me

Looks who's talking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I accomplished my goal of both left and right hand inch DB lifts and did so before the end of the year, as I had planned.  I still believe that it is a very attainable goal, for anyone, if you have access to train with one.  Adjustable/loadable dumbbells, loading pin attachments and even axle work does not replicate the dynamics of the lift enough to fully train to lift an actual inch dumbbell.   I am going to put in some work over next year and work up to a full one handed clean.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

Gil- you should share your 180lb inch lift in a suit couple years back

• Like 1