Jump to content
Bearhugger

How many people have lifted the Inch DB?

Recommended Posts

AdamTGlass
4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

As for the tilt, anyone that’s gonna complain about that probably can’t lift it...

^^^ 95% of the time it’s true every time 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope
1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

The smile on my face when he lifted it was me thinking of walking out to do this 

 

Boss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

^^^ 95% of the time it’s true every time 

Word up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

0 0 0 0 0 0-194240_Gallery.jpg

0 0 0 0 0 024x759-seinfeld-gj-7-3-.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

0 0 0 0 0 0-194240_Gallery.jpg

0 0 0 0 0 024x759-seinfeld-gj-7-3-.jpg

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I SAW YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Savage

Some of my inch lifts after European grip championships.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Some of my inch lifts after European grip championships.

 

How old are you Paul?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Savage
14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

How old are you Paul?

33

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2019 at 10:12 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I would  give that to ya, man, for posterity purposes! !! It was just a little error! You lifted that bad boy all the way! 

As for the tilt, anyone that’s gonna complain about that probably can’t lift it with 2 hands anyway.  

True!

Edit: Just not with two hands haha

Edited by Alawadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeezus
Posted (edited)

I've lifted it a time or two.

 

 

Edited by Squeezus
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

True!

Edit: Just not with two hands haha

Most can’t pick it up with a tilt even if both hands were used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
On 10/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, Squeezus said:

I've lifted it a time or two.

 

 

Nice one haha

On 10/3/2019 at 9:45 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Most can’t pick it up with a tilt even if both hands were used. 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

This close to joining the list.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leonard_Washington

I've done it at NAGS at Gil's gym.  It was after the contest when everybody just plays around. I lifted when everybody was walking away and set it down with a thuddd. Jedd asks if I lifted it.  I said yeah. He says if there is no video, it didn't happen.  I then wait a few minutes and do it again for an almost lock out. Extra proud about myself because of the given circumstances:  3hrs of sleep, 6 hour drive, after a contest, Tennessee humidity, back-to-back lifts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

61 year old Joseph Mugovero added to the over 50 list.  That makes 10. 

Over 50:

Odd Haugen, Mark Felix, Steve Gardner, David Horne, Bob Sundin, Laine Snook, Steve Millard, Arto, Nick Best, and Joseph Mugovero.

 

 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

61 year old Joseph Mugovero added to the over 50 list.  That makes 10. 

Over 50:

Odd Haugen, Mark Felix, Steve Gardner, David Horne, Bob Sundin, Laine Snook, Steve Millard, Arto, Nick Best, and Joseph Mugovero.

 

 

Those were some of the most LEGIT LIFTS on the inch I have ever see! He totally owned the rotation on those lifts and it was LEVEL as I’ve ever seen. Has anyone ever seen him before now? This was 2009!? I wonder if he still lifts!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, WestSlope said:

I searched his name and strongman. It appears he passed in 2013.

I also found a snippet on Ironmind's site with a still of him holding an Inch replica:

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Crushed-to-Dust-Challenge-Hooks-Up-With-Boxing-at-the-Beach/

Wow! He was only 65 when he died!  And I guess I have heard of him! I’ve seen that IM photo a few years ago!

Edited by Joseph Sullivan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
14 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Wow! He was only 65 when he died!  And I guess I have heard of him! I’ve seen that IM photo a few years ago!

I'd take 65 and be tickled pink.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

I thought the over 50 club would be a lot more exclusive.  Apparently the Inch really isn't a big deal.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I thought the over 50 club would be a lot more exclusive.  Apparently the Inch really isn't a big deal.  

It is ... there are just some stud horse old man strength in this piece, BRAAHHH!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Found this tribute video on Joseph Mugovero ! I see Jedd at 1:09 in the video 

 

Edited by Joseph Sullivan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
15 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It is ... there are just some stud horse old man strength in this piece, BRAAHHH!!!

Nope.  Any feat that 10 guys over 50 (3 over 60) can do, is just not that exclusive a feat.    Especially since these things aren't in every gym accross the country.  That means there are thousands of guys out there that could lift the unliftable dumbbell if they had access to train with one. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'll be stoked when I get a full lift.  But it's become like a #3 gripper or Red Nail or a blob 50.  Used to be considered world class 10-15 years ago. Now just the bottom rung of the upper echelon thick bar feats.  Ante to the big boy table.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nope.  Any feat that 10 guys over 50 (3 over 60) can do, is just not that exclusive a feat.    Especially since these things aren't in every gym accross the country.  That means there are thousands of guys out there that could lift the unliftable dumbbell if they had access to train with one. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'll be stoked when I get a full lift.  But it's become like a #3 gripper or Red Nail or a blob 50.  Used to be considered world class 10-15 years ago. Now just the bottom rung of the upper echelon thick bar feats.  Ante to the big boy table.  

This guy Joe Mugovero was not a guy off the street, he was an established guy with a strength/grip  back ground and looked quite large standing next to Jedd at 1:09 in the tribute video . He looked like a Richard Sorin type to me. And grip appears to be something that gets better with age, when trained, so the over 50 thing doesn’t seem to be a factor on why one wouldn’t be able to, in fact, a trained individual may even have more of a chance with all that accumulation and of  old man strength.🤡

If it wasn’t that exclusive, then all these monster  guys at all these fit expos that fail would be lifting them. Of course if one has one to train on or if there were more access to them in gyms, if one has the motivation to train with it, more would be able to, but as a whole, it still is very exclusive. 

Edited by Joseph Sullivan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
51 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This guy Joe Mugovero was not a guy off the street, he was an established guy with a strength/grip  back ground and looked quite large standing next to Jedd at 1:09 in the tribute video . He looked like a Richard Sorin type to me. And grip appears to be something that gets better with age, when trained, so the over 50 thing doesn’t seem to be a factor on why one wouldn’t be able to, in fact, a trained individual may even have more of a chance with all that accumulation and of  old man strength.🤡

If it wasn’t that exclusive, then all these monster  guys at all these fit expos that fail would be lifting them. Of course if one has one to train on or if there were more access to them in gyms, if one has the motivation to train with it, more would be able to, but as a whole, it still is very exclusive. 

Bro.  Guys over 60 are doing it.  It ain't all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.