How many people have lifted the Inch DB?

Bearhugger

12 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Big hands absolutely changes things. If your fingers touch, or wrap, and you have the body strength to lift 172, then it becomes more like just lifting a regular dumbbell. The bigger the hand definitely had the advantage, for the most part, unless you have someone like Yves Gravelle or the likes. For anyone to say otherwise is false. There are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part, hand size reigns supreme in thick bar of any kind. More wrap more slap!

So instead of weight divisions you could have hand size divisions! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dean_redzic said:

It has been discussed many times here. The problem with that, as I see it is how would you determine which class you should be in? How would you measure the hand, it's not only about how long your hand is, from the wrist to the finger tip, it's also about the proportions of the hand, how long your the fingers are compared to the palm etc. How wide is the fingerspan between thumb and pinky, thumb and index etc.

Also, I think we need a lot more data on competitiors, their results and hand size before we can figure out how it should work. It's an interesting idea but to be honest it can also be solved just by having a wide range of different events that favours both large and small hands.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dean_redzic said:

This has been spoken about before. The hand size is much more of a factor with inch type and blob type lifts . Of course there are anomalies.... but for the most part, there aren’t.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I understand what Emil is saying. It would be a little bit unfair to diminsh a feat because of favorable genetic attributes. That's what it's all about anyway. 

It is what it is, 8.5- 9 inch hand will trump 7.5 inch hand any day of the week. Hand size is much more of a factor for the most part  than weight for hand size dependent feats. 

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It is what it is, 8.5- 9 inch hand will trump 7.5 inch hand any day of the week. Hand size is much more of a factor for the most part than weight for hand size dependent feats.

• 😢gG_wbAk0_Ok.jpg

4 minutes ago, SeNoLD said:
  • 😢gG_wbAk0_Ok.jpg

Your hand is about the same size as mine and the rule is not the same for everyone, like I said, but for the most part, thick bar is better suited to hand size and that’s a fact. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Your hand is about the same size as mine. 

However, I'm going to take inch on my shoulder soon. 
We do not have it, i need to go to another city to try
Otherwise I would already uploaded attempts)

Edited by SeNoLD

20 minutes ago, SeNoLD said:

However, I'm going to take inch on my shoulder soon. 
We do not have it, i need to go to another city to try
Otherwise I would already uploaded attempts)

Very impressive and I can’t wait to see that! If you are in New York, you can come to my house and clean  mine! I can deadlift and row it, but not clean it. My hand is just about 20cm /8 inch, the ones with 7.5 inch hands lifting the inch are very impressive. I could not imagine how hard it would be for someone with  less than 8 inch hands lifting the inch. Your hand is 8 inches, which is still a decent size.

557200EB-B5DF-4CBB-B4EC-9EFC6C636930.jpeg

DE545E00-9CDF-4A02-9DD4-294D42E859AE.jpeg

Edited by Guest

Not sure why hand size matters on the inch.

if Odd at 60+ can lift it 62 times and Mike at 52 can almost kinda lift it, and the dynamic duo of adam and tanner can hot potato it and yves can do it at a the weight of a small child.

There is absolutely no reason anyone cant lift this 3rd tier bottom barrel garbage feat. So stop whining, spend the 500 plus 400 on shipping and lift it. No tilt though. Doing it no tilt adds maybe 2.5 stars to the legitimacy of it. Got it guys? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KapMan said:

if Odd at 60+ can lift it 62 times and Mike at 52 can almost kinda lift it, and the dynamic duo of adam and tanner can hot potato it and yves can do it at a the weight of a small child.

There is absolutely no reason anyone cant lift this 3rd tier bottom barrel garbage feat. So stop whining, spend the 500 plus 400 on shipping and lift it. No tilt though. Doing it no tilt adds maybe 2.5 stars to the legitimacy of it. Got it guys? 

Your sarcasm  is off the charts, Kapster! 🤣

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, KapMan said:

On 900$ I live 3 months 😁

I have giant strongman dumbbell 80kg and can lift its in any moment, but clean with it do almost impossible)

Edited by SeNoLD
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:18 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

It's a philosophy that has kept me humble over the last 52 years.  If I can do something, there are probably  thousands of people out there that could do it given the chance and time to train for it.

I break feats down into 4 categories:

Attainable by most healthy males with some specific effort: Pinching 2-25s, closing a #2, 300# on an axle, 40 lb blob, 200 on a 2" vbar, etc.

What I call gateway lifts = Something extremely hard to attain for most people and once you have, you can be considered a serious gripsport playa.  Feats like a #3 close, pinching two 45s, blob 50, plain reg #3 shoe, Red Nail bend, > 200# on a new RT, 3 25s pinch, lifting the Inch for a single.

World Class = something only the top 25 people or so in the world can do. Feats like Blobzilla, Pinching a 25KG and 45 lb plate, Lifting the 200# Inch or lifting the Inch for multiple reps, pinching York deep dish 45s, etc.

Elite = something only the top few people in the world can do.  Blob Father, cleaing Blobzilla or the Inch, Kerckhaert DF front clipped 10x25 Extra #3, two 25kg plate pinch, pinching deep dish York 45s in each hand, Millenium Dumbbell lift, closing a #4, etc. 

Those are just some examples.  But that's how I look at grip feats.  The lists are always changing.  A lot of the stuff on the Gateway lift list was considered world class 10 - 15 years ago.  If we are ever successful at getting a bunch of monsters like Shaw to compete, then a lot of the world class and elite feats will drop down the list quickly. 

But my original definition still stands.  If a part time strength enthusiast like me can do something at almost 52 years old, it is definitely not world class.  It can't be.  There are millions of people stronger than me on the planet and I guarantee there are thousands and thousands with a stronger grip.  So by definition, if I can do it, it ain't world class.  That doesn't mean it isn't a great feat and super hard to attain.  But I promise you, after the blender I've put this body through there isn't a world class feat in it at my age.  Other than horseshoes, there probably never was.  And I got humbled by Bergmann pretty quick on the shoes when a real world class strength athlete took up the sport for a few months.

Your class system would be best presented as a pyramid graph.  I would rename the gateway lifts a Rite of Passage lift.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, Buccos1 said:

1. Posts, avatars, and signatures may not contain: profanity, flaming, personal attacks, nudity, spam, rants, debates, politics, negativity, fund-raisers, or advertisements.

Tone these posts down or it will get locked.

A better suggestion is to tone down the over-moderation. 

Keep this up and there won’t be 4 posts a day on here.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FrankSobotka said:

A better suggestion is to tone down the over-moderation. 

Keep this up and there won’t be 4 posts a day on here.  

There is no over moderation.  The rules are pretty clear.  And most, nearly all, people follow them.  There is no place or need for excessive vulgarities.  Do it somewhere else.