How many people have lifted the Inch DB?

Bearhugger

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

61 year old Joseph Mugovero added to the over 50 list.  That makes 10. 

Over 50:

Odd Haugen, Mark Felix, Steve Gardner, David Horne, Bob Sundin, Laine Snook, Steve Millard, Arto, Nick Best, and Joseph Mugovero.

Those were some of the most LEGIT LIFTS on the inch I have ever see! He totally owned the rotation on those lifts and it was LEVEL as I’ve ever seen. Has anyone ever seen him before now? This was 2009!? I wonder if he still lifts!!

1 minute ago, WestSlope said:

I searched his name and strongman. It appears he passed in 2013.

I also found a snippet on Ironmind's site with a still of him holding an Inch replica:

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Crushed-to-Dust-Challenge-Hooks-Up-With-Boxing-at-the-Beach/

Wow! He was only 65 when he died!  And I guess I have heard of him! I’ve seen that IM photo a few years ago!

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Wow! He was only 65 when he died!  And I guess I have heard of him! I’ve seen that IM photo a few years ago!

I'd take 65 and be tickled pink.

I thought the over 50 club would be a lot more exclusive.  Apparently the Inch really isn't a big deal.  

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I thought the over 50 club would be a lot more exclusive.  Apparently the Inch really isn't a big deal.  

It is ... there are just some stud horse old man strength in this piece, BRAAHHH!!!

15 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It is ... there are just some stud horse old man strength in this piece, BRAAHHH!!!

Nope.  Any feat that 10 guys over 50 (3 over 60) can do, is just not that exclusive a feat.    Especially since these things aren't in every gym accross the country.  That means there are thousands of guys out there that could lift the unliftable dumbbell if they had access to train with one. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'll be stoked when I get a full lift.  But it's become like a #3 gripper or Red Nail or a blob 50.  Used to be considered world class 10-15 years ago. Now just the bottom rung of the upper echelon thick bar feats.  Ante to the big boy table.  

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nope.  Any feat that 10 guys over 50 (3 over 60) can do, is just not that exclusive a feat.    Especially since these things aren't in every gym accross the country.  That means there are thousands of guys out there that could lift the unliftable dumbbell if they had access to train with one. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'll be stoked when I get a full lift.  But it's become like a #3 gripper or Red Nail or a blob 50.  Used to be considered world class 10-15 years ago. Now just the bottom rung of the upper echelon thick bar feats.  Ante to the big boy table.  

This guy Joe Mugovero was not a guy off the street, he was an established guy with a strength/grip  back ground and looked quite large standing next to Jedd at 1:09 in the tribute video . He looked like a Richard Sorin type to me. And grip appears to be something that gets better with age, when trained, so the over 50 thing doesn’t seem to be a factor on why one wouldn’t be able to, in fact, a trained individual may even have more of a chance with all that accumulation and of  old man strength.🤡

If it wasn’t that exclusive, then all these monster  guys at all these fit expos that fail would be lifting them. Of course if one has one to train on or if there were more access to them in gyms, if one has the motivation to train with it, more would be able to, but as a whole, it still is very exclusive. 

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This guy Joe Mugovero was not a guy off the street, he was an established guy with a strength/grip  back ground and looked quite large standing next to Jedd at 1:09 in the tribute video . He looked like a Richard Sorin type to me. And grip appears to be something that gets better with age, when trained, so the over 50 thing doesn’t seem to be a factor on why one wouldn’t be able to, in fact, a trained individual may even have more of a chance with all that accumulation and of  old man strength.🤡

If it wasn’t that exclusive, then all these monster  guys at all these fit expos that fail would be lifting them. Of course if one has one to train on or if there were more access to them in gyms, if one has the motivation to train with it, more would be able to, but as a whole, it still is very exclusive. 

Bro.  Guys over 60 are doing it.  It ain't all that.

28 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Bro.  Guys over 60 are doing it.  It ain't all that.

Odd Haugen (former WSM competitor)  and Joe Magovero who looked to be easily benching 500 pounds and did a double inch lift  in his homage video and who are not your average anything for any age. These guys are not your average. Do we know of anyone else over 60 besides them?  Like I said before, if it wasn’t hard, all of the juice monsters at expos would be lifting it like it was nothing, and they aren’t. But, you have your opinion, which you are entitled to. If it was not such an elite feat , Mike, you would have owned  the inch a long time ago, and you are a beast at grip and are capable of it now . The guys on the over 50 list are beasts as well. Not the norm by any means. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Odd Haugen (former WSM competitor)  and Joe Magovero who looked to be easily benching 500 pounds and did a double inch lift  in his homage video and who are not your average anything for any age. These guys are not your average. Do we know of anyone else over 60 besides them?  Like I said before, if it wasn’t hard, all of the juice monsters at expos would be lifting it like it was nothing, and they aren’t. But, you have your opinion, which you are entitled to. If it was not such an elite feat , Mike, you would have owned  the inch a long time ago, and you are a beast at grip and are capable of it now . The guys on the over 50 list are beasts as well. Not the norm by any 

They are over 60.  Odd did it 62 times in 10 minutes at age 66.   I don't care who you are.  That's 66 years old.  If a 66 year old guy can do it, it isn't that big of a deal bro.  Seriously.  Stop.  It isn't even an argument.

It's a tough feat for sure.  But it isn't the uber special feat everyone thought it was 10 years ago.

Show me one other feat a 66 yo can do 62 times that's even remotely world class.

22 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

They are over 60.  Odd did it 62 times in 10 minutes at age 66.   I don't care who you are.  That's 66 years old.  If a 66 year old guy can do it, it isn't that big of a deal bro.  Seriously.  Stop.  It isn't even an argument.

It's a tough feat for sure.  But it isn't the uber special feat everyone thought it was 10 years ago.

Show me one other feat a 66 yo can do 62 times that's even remotely world class.

You are comparing a former WSM competitor to the general population. He is probably stronger than most trained individuals out there geared or not, I would guess. Most people in their 60s have degenerated backs/joints and probably can’t do the powerlifting or weight lifting type feats with max weight that you may be implying , so that’s probably out, but grip is different, and the only reason I am doing grip is for that same reason. (Injuries). You won’t see people in their 60s deadlift 1000 pounds like a young guy, but you also won’t see too many young guys lifting the inch 62 times as well, it’s hard enough for one time, no?so it’s harder to compare what you are saying. Grip feats ( most) can be enjoyed until the later years, unlike the strongman, weightlifting and powerlifting feats with max weights putting undue stress on the frame. The old guys can stand up to any young guys in the grip department while there are so many young guys that cannot lift the inch right here on grip board , but I digress. Your opinion is your opinion and I respect it Mike.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Inch isnt easy..dont give a shit what you say..

Never said it was easy.  Read what I said.  The sport has evolved.  It's now like the #3, red nail, plain reg #3, and blob 50.  Very difficult, but just not world class like everyone thought 10-15 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Never said it was easy.  Read what I said.  The sport has evolved.  It's now like the #3, red nail, plain reg #3, and blob 50.  Very difficult, but just not world class like everyone thought 10-15 years ago.

What denotes world class? 

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea that’s probably because so many more people are into strength sports now, when not too many were doing it then. I’ll buy that for a dollar, but it will never be easy/attainable for most that try.

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yea that’s probably because so many more people are into strength sports now, when not too many were doing it then. I’ll buy that for a dollar, but it will never be easy/attainable for most that try.

Agreed

30 minutes ago, KapMan said:

What denotes world class? 

I have a very simple definition of what isn't.  If I can do it at almost 52 years old, it's not.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I have a very simple definition of what isn't.  If I can do it at almost 52 years old, it's not.  

Well, Mike, since you won’t do it, I will say it for you! It is a big deal that you did it! 52 or not! Anyone that can do it  should be proud! Especially for the amount of years you have been in the Grip game and reaching that milestone. It ain’t easy! There, I said it for you! 😉 Congratulations to you, you  NOT SO over the hill S.O.B 

6 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Lockout is a bit shabby, but it is thumbless...

1466655682_ScreenShot2019-10-09at1_54_07PM.thumb.png.4ceca4ccc1a554c171daf27796e2f1c4.png

Now that's elite!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Lockout is a bit shabby, but it is thumbless...

1466655682_ScreenShot2019-10-09at1_54_07PM.thumb.png.4ceca4ccc1a554c171daf27796e2f1c4.png

Clearly braced against the leg, so no lift there :D 

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Found this tribute video on Joseph Mugovero ! I see Jedd at 1:09 in the video 

That was extremely cool!

Two things: 1st, was that third dumbbell he was table curling an actual inch?  Even if it was the 150, that's insane. 2nd, apparently being a mailman means you are going to be strong AF into your golden years. @climber511

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That was extremely cool!

Two things: 1st, was that third dumbbell he was table curling an actual inch?  Even if it was the 150, that's insane. 2nd, apparently being a mailman means you are going to be strong AF into your golden years. @climber511

The guy was a freakin tank!!  The inch he was table top curling is labeled as 128 pounds. 

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

The guy was a freakin tank!!  The inch he was table top curling is labeled as 128 pounds. 

No, later in the vid.  I can't read the tape.

0 0 0 pt_20191009-195330_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle