How many people have lifted the Inch DB?

Bearhugger

21 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

145 lbs

For perspective, I'm 145, a good climber and am decent at thick bar. My heaviest baby inch lift was 127 and some partials with a 143. This lift is probably one of the greatest grip feats that most people don't know about. 

• Like 3

Just now, Climber028 said:

For perspective, I'm 145, a good climber and am decent at thick bar. My heaviest baby inch lift was 127 and some partials with a 143. This lift is probably one of the greatest grip feats that most people don't know about. 

Yes to this 

seriously a 145 lifter deadlifting it I see X10 more impressive than a 275-350 lifter cleaning it...after all more huge men have cleaned it than sub 150 lb has picked up. Feat of the year fosho 

• Like 2

Just now, Climber028 said:

Was the baby inch you lifted the one that was 127 (the shot loaded )one at Jedds? Keep in mind that this does not have the same action as the actual solid bells have. The turning of the globes is not the same due to the settled shot. I can practically  hammer curl thst bell from the floor to my shoulder but not with a 130 baby inch.  

Over 50:

Odd Haugen, Mark Felix, Steve Gardner, David Horne, Bob Sundin, Laine Snook, Steve Millard, Arto.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Was the baby inch you lifted the one that was 127 (the shot loaded )one at Jedds? Keep in mind that this does not have the same action as the actual solid bells have. The turning of the globes is not the same due to the settled shot. I can practically  hammer curl thst bell from the floor to my shoulder but not with a 130 baby inch.  

It was but I can also do the a 125 without much trouble. My true max at the moment feels around mid 130s but I've never seen one at that weight. I would like to get over bodyweight at least which feels possible. 

3 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

It was but I can also do the a 125 without much trouble. My true max at the moment feels around mid 130s but I've never seen one at that weight. I would like to get over bodyweight at least which feels possible. 

Keep at it and you will, Mike! 

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Yes to this 

seriously a 145 lifter deadlifting it I see X10 more impressive than a 275-350 lifter cleaning it...after all more huge men have cleaned it than sub 150 lb has picked up. Feat of the year fosho 

Also his hands are sub 7.5" IIRC. Strong is strong period. 

As I'am 47, I still have time to do it ! I'am stuck at 71 kg (156 lbs) but I'am consistent in my training. It should be done before 50 :rock

vlcsnap-2019-02-02-16h56m47s650.thumb.png.9217a54c93c0762bf2445d1b49392b01.pngInch_replica.thumb.jpg.a0ed3f2be15bdd2d342b9f72ebc4f8de.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Did you try but simply couldn't do it or did interest/motivation fade away? 

I think interest and motivation faded away.  Getting one to do it is prohibitive too so that makes it less of a feat to me regardless whether it is or not.   In other words, more would be able to do it if they had access to one.   I think  psychologically it's a bit more daunting due to it's size and weight too.  For me that is. :)

1 hour ago, Joefrey said:

As I'am 47, I still have time to do it ! I'am stuck at 71 kg (156 lbs) but I'am consistent in my training. It should be done before 50 :rock

vlcsnap-2019-02-02-16h56m47s650.thumb.png.9217a54c93c0762bf2445d1b49392b01.pngInch_replica.thumb.jpg.a0ed3f2be15bdd2d342b9f72ebc4f8de.jpg

Those bells are beautiful!

• Like 1

Thank you Mike. I found a small workshop where the pieces where made then a worker of the company I'am working for welded them together. Cheapest way to get them.

• Like 1

October 13, 1990 Bill Kazmaier flew to Australia and cleaned and pressed Bruce White’s Inch Replica.

I speculate that White’s replica  must have been the first ever.

Kaz’s clean was “Continentaled”.

At the one of the first Arnold Strongman contests, Phil Pfister  high pulled a replica.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

October 13, 1990 Bill Kazmaier flew to Australia and cleaned and pressed Bruce White’s Inch Replica.

I speculate that White’s replica  must have been the first ever.

Kaz’s clean was “Continentaled”.

At the one of the first Arnold Strongman contests, Phil Pfister  high pulled a replica.

Did Bruce lift his when over 50 yo Mike?  He was 48 or 49 when he claims to have lifted it for the first time in 1983 (after 5 years of training for it).  However, he mentioned in his interview with David Horne that he would concentrate on one lift until he got it and then move on.  Just wondering if he ever successfully lifted it after he turned 50.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

46 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Did Bruce lift his when over 50 yo Mike?  He was 48 or 49 when he claims to have lifted it for the first time in 1983 (after 5 years of training for it).  However, he mentioned in his interview with David Horne that he would concentrate on one lift until he got it and then move on.  Just wondering if he ever successfully lifted it after he turned 50.

I don't know the answer to that, but was wondering the same thing. Someone knows the answer to that I am sure. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Get this kid an Inch.  He could definitely hook grip it.  Blobfather too.  5" thumb.  WTF?

He must be popular with the ladies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Some lists I've found from David Horne's forum and gripboard. Please note, some people appear on several lists. I have edited the lists so that each name only appear once (hopefully without any errors). That makes it easier to count.

78k replica Inch Dumbell Deadlift and Hold for time (no tilt)
Juha Harju - 18.5 secs - 22 Nov 2013 - Finland [Gladiator] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Ub_Azi ... e=youtu.be
Eric Roussin - 12 secs - 25 Feb 2012 - Canada [Adamski] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecd9agBG ... e=youtu.be
David Horne - 9 secs - 20 Mar 2012 - England [78.5k Holle] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9uHEIw0 ... tube_gdata
Nick McKinless - 4 secs - 16 June 2013 - Gripathon - England
Tommy Jennings Jr. - 2 secs - 21 Dec 2014 - USA [Adamski] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p63uHZl ... e=youtu.be
Chris Lowe - 1.84 secs - 11 May 2013 - British Grip Champs - Stafford, England
Rob Russell - 1.1 secs - 11 May 2013 - British Grip Champs - Stafford, England
Adam Glass - 16 Feb 2012 [beer cans] - USA [Adamski] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlfu_XO ... e=youtu.be
David Horne - 18 Feb 2012 - England [78.5k Holle] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzSRZ2Pm_54
Wade Gillingham - 24 Feb 2012 [beer cans] - USA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbjG_432nk
Matt Brouse - 6 May 2012 [beer cans] - USA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osPkcs3B ... e=youtu.be
Matti Harju - 26 Apr 2013 - Finland [Gladiator] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yemug1Cu ... e=youtu.be

THUMBLESS GRIP 78K INCH DUMBELL DEADLIFTS
Magnus Samuelsson (Sweden) – Jan 2001 – Atlanta, USA [Sorinex DB]
Marcel Pelletier (USA?) – 2004 – New Haven, CT, USA [Sorinex DB]
Steve Gardener (England) – 16 Aug 2008 – Haltern am See, Germany [Holle DB]
Devon Larratt (Canada) – 20 Nov 2010 – Kingston, Ontario, Canada [Adamski DB]
Brian Tamblyn (Canada) – 20 Nov 2010 – Kingston, Ontario, Canada [Adamski DB]
Shea Dickie (Canada) – 20 Nov 2010 – Kingston, Ontario, Canada [Adamski DB]
Ron Bath (USA) – 13 Dec 2014 – Dalton, GA, USA [Sorinex DB]
Florian Kellersman (Germany) – 14 May 2016 – Bochum, Germany [Holle DB]
Marco Buhl (Germany) – Dec 2016 – Bochum, Germany [Holle DB]
Storm Chellino (USA) – 3 Jan 2017 – Scranton, PA, USA [Sahlaney Iron DB]
Andrew Durniat (USA) – 22 Mar 2017 – Wooster, OH, USA [Adamski DB]
Jesse Pynnonen (Finland) – 31 Mar 2017 – Heinola, Finland [Gladiator DB]
Tomi Tuomi (Finland) – 5 Apr 2017 – Heinola, Finland [Gladiator DB]
Eirik Bruun Ingebretsen (Norway) – 5 June 2017 – Norway [Slaters Hardware DB]
Ivan Beritashvili (Russia) – 31 Mar 2018 – Russia [BruttoBells DB, Ekaterinburg, Russia]
Thomas Larsen (Norway) – 30 June 2018 – Arendal, Norway [Slaters Hardware DB]
Jedd Johnson (USA) – 15 Dec 2018 – Wyalusing, PA, USA [Sorinex DB]

Listed on Gripboard
Richard Sorin
Jim Wylie
Nathan Holle
Chris James
Bob Woodard
Jeff Bissonnette
Ryan Brown
Shane Larson
Shawn Littleton
Eli Kiener (Eli72)
Clay Edgin
Ron Mazza
David Thornton
Travis Alcorn
Ryan Klein
John Eaton
Chad Woodall
Martin Ressel (Martinch)
Laine Snook (also lifted the Millennium DB at the same time)
Rex Hubbard
Aaron Corcorran
Jonas Samuelsson-Säll
Kupinckiy Igor
John Wojciechowski

Double Inch Farmers Walk
Joel Sward

Inch Dumbbell and 50# Blob
Brian Shaw*
Bob Sundin
Tanner Merkle

Some people I have seen videos of and heard about. Or it's reasonable to assume that they have lifted an Inch DB.

Alexey Tyukalov
Mike Burke
Rich Williams
Odd Haugen
Mark Henry
Eddie Hall
Mark Felix
Paul Savage
Sl-Ghi Choi
Håkan Carlsson
Oscar Bertrandsson (was only 15 years old when he did it and is to my knowledge the youngest person to acomplish this feat)
Martin Arildsson
Kalle Lane
Cim Johansson
Yves Gravelle
Luke Raymond
Jon Call
Carl Myerscaugh
Carl-August Mertz

That is 76 names. I can easly count to 100 if I wanted to search the web a bit more and there's at least twice that amount who has done it. I remember seeing many videos of people I don't know the name of. And that's only by people who post videos. I would say that 200 people would be the absolute minimum.

I had (might still have) the lift for time (no tilt) record. Edit: yep - 24 seconds. Also the Inch farmers walk (one in each hand) was an event at Mighty Mitts. I've no great distance to claim but did 2 and so, I think did Jedd and others. 

I also lifted the ORIGINAL and ACTUAL Inch. As did (if only a little) Eddie Ellwood and Bill Richardson. David Horne's Gripiopedia is worth a look. 

Edited by mobsterone

I've a 78kg/172lbs Strength Shop replica. On Sunday my builder (working on my place) and his daughter popped over to collect scrap wood. He showed her my home gym and with ZERO warm up, but a few seconds prep, I picked it up (yeah with a tilt lol)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

I had (might still have) the lift for time (no tilt) record. Edit: yep - 24 seconds. Also the Inch farmers walk (one in each hand) was an event at Mighty Mitts. I've no great distance to claim but did 2 and so, I think did Jedd and others. 

I also lifted the ORIGINAL and ACTUAL Inch. As did (if only a little) Eddie Ellwood and Bill Richardson. David Horne's Gripiopedia is worth a look. 

Steve how did the original feel compared to the replicas 

Edited by AdamTGlass

23 hours ago, Vinnie said:

He must be popular with the ladies.

Seriously tho, this guy could be a really great pianist and guitarist with that finger span. I hope he does something with his "talent". I certanly would.

• Like 1

Cool compilation video of everyone with video that has cleaned the Inch.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Seriously tho, this guy could be a really great pianist and guitarist with that finger span. I hope he does something with his "talent". I certanly would.

With a thumb like that, who needs a pianist ...

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

With a thumb like that, who needs a pianist ...

Post of the year.  Literally won the innerwebs for a month with that one.  Pianist.  Bwahahaha 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 5:03 PM, AdamTGlass said:

Steve how did the original feel compared to the replicas 

Some are very close. The Strength Shop one I have isn't. Handle size is ok on thickness but the length is way off. And one side of the globes is flat

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

For "posterity" - my video of the lift I mentioned above:

I'm 55 here.

My man!  Team AARP!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

For "posterity" - my video of the lift I mentioned above:

I'm 55 here.

Very impressive Steve! Great atmosphere, too💪

• Like 1