Leaving nothing on the table - Gripper certification

db2000

If you had one goal only and that was to certify on grippers, what would you control. Obviously good sleep, sound program, good nutrition.

what about:

-Supplementation (What supplements)?

-Mindset/affirmations/visualisation?

-Recovery?

-Gym Strength training/no strength training/avoiding certain exercises

-Avoiding thick bar work/minimal thick bar work

What would you do to give yourself the best chance possible

I know this is broad, but I am curious about what people think

• Like 1

Here is my process.

1) Decide on which gripper certification I go after.

2) Train for what the certification allows.

3) Noting where I'm physically strong and weak right now and how I'm going to get there.

4) Train my weaknesses into becoming a strength.

5) Avoid any tool that hinders growth.

6) Train specifically for what I'm going after. Do not add anything that doesn't support your goal.

7) Rest for 2 or 3 days and then train some more.

8: If lifting weights, or, your own body gets you stronger include it, if it does nothing for you simply get rid of it.

9) Work recovery methods by using a foam rolling method, or, use a rolling pin.

10) Mental goal, know and understand you want to achieve this for a reason and make it happen no matter how long it takes.

11) Don't worry about any type of supplement. Consume the right foods and you'll be good.

12) Train thick bar for thick bar and not grippers.

13) Write out every detail and plan how you'll get to your goal.

• Like 7

For me, the most important thing is to have fun and stay positive. Motivation is the most important aspect for me. If I'm looking forward to the next training session I know I will get some quality work done and that will lead me closer to my goal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

For me, the most important thing is to have fun and stay positive. Motivation is the most important aspect for me. If I'm looking forward to the next training session I know I will get some quality work done and that will lead me closer to my goal. 

This.

Or you can take my route, and let self doubt and negativity set in like cancer. However Ive been more positive recently and my training overall has been going well because of it. Seriously. 

Set small achievable goals will also help, and don’t be like me and compare yourself to others. My biggest roadblock has been me in so many ways. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

So true.

I was looking to see what everyone else does above and beyond to ensure sucess. Things that normal people wouldnt do. Things that set others apart

1 hour ago, db2000 said:

So true.

I was looking to see what everyone else does above and beyond to ensure sucess. Things that normal people wouldnt do. Things that set others apart

400mg caffeine 

One thing I do is to put my powerlifting belt on, gets my heart raising and my mind totally focused on the task since that's a cue I have in powerlifting. Get some mental cue's that you follow to get that CNS ready for max effort! 

• Like 1