Looking for stainless steel or titanium handles grippers

Required

Greetings. New account here but been looking over for a little while.

Want to buy a set of coc type/spring grippers with stainless steel or titanium handles but can’t find any manufacturers who produce such. I’d like a set of 5-7. 

Found a guy who used to make make titanium handle grippers but apparently he no longer does. 

Does anyone here know of a company or a reputable maker of this variety? Stainless steel or titanium, aggressive knurling preferable.

Aluminum handles or chrome/nickel plated handles will not do.   

Thank you!

Edited by Required

For a custom order like that I recommend contacting Aaron @acorn or Andrew @Andrew P both men exceptional at grip tool fabrication 

• Like 1

I've done knurled stainless handles in the past though not Titanium. The stainless destroys knurling wheels pretty quick even with the high quality cobalt ones I use. I suspect Ti would be similar based on it's machining attributes. Those would really need to be done with cut knurling vs standard knurling which is a pressure based deformation of the material. I am not setup to do that and would have to spend at least $1500 to get the tooling to do it. Springs is a whole nother aspect of this. 

Thanks for the prompt feedback brothers. 

Steel or titanium because they are harder metals than aluminum. Aluminum handles wear too quickly and leave a black residue on the hands after a lengthy session. The knurling smoothens up just within a year but I would prefer an aggressive knurling for years to come. 

That eBay Tetting steel set is probably what I’m looking for but out of my price range and I’m from Canada. That’ll be at least $1700 Canadian for that set. I probably will never close 5 or 6 of those grippers anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Required said:

Thanks for the prompt feedback brothers. 

Steel or titanium because they are harder metals than aluminum. Aluminum handles wear too quickly and leave a black residue on the hands after a lengthy session. The knurling smoothens up just within a year but I would prefer an aggressive knurling for years to come. 

That eBay Tetting steel set is probably what I’m looking for but out of my price range and I’m from Canada. That’ll be at least $1700 Canadian for that set. I probably will never close 5 or 6 of those grippers anyway. 

Steel I can and often do. Stainless Steel however is a whole nother thing when it comes to knurling.

Knurled bar stock is readily available in 300 series alloys. Don't think you will find titanium though.

18 hours ago, acorn said:

Steel I can and often do. Stainless Steel however is a whole nother thing when it comes to knurling.

How much do you charge for a gripper you’d have to make with your own bar + machine, and spring? Vs how much for a gripper to make with an already knurled bar:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Diameter-304-Stainless-Steel-Knurled-Round-Bar-Stock-Knurled-Rod-Ladder-Rung-/332162333160

By the looks of it these are done by the standard pressurized method of formation instead of cut. I reckon the standard method won’t make the knurling as aggressive, correct?

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Damn I wish spring steel wasn't so difficult to get a hold of so you could make your own grippers. Would make me a happy man 

I agree, it's annoyingly difficult to find good sources for it. 

Spring steel, look for "music wire" but the biggest I've found was 9/32.

7 hours ago, Required said:

By the looks of it these are done by the standard pressurized method of formation instead of cut. I reckon the standard method won’t make the knurling as aggressive, correct?

If it's mild steel you can do a pressure knurl with a fairly low cost setup, but stainless or Ti  requires a much more expensive knurling tool. With a cut knurl you can still get a very aggressive knurl if you take it to a full depth cut.