Jump to content
Required

Looking for stainless steel or titanium handles grippers

Recommended Posts

Required

Greetings. New account here but been looking over for a little while.

Want to buy a set of coc type/spring grippers with stainless steel or titanium handles but can’t find any manufacturers who produce such. I’d like a set of 5-7. 

Found a guy who used to make make titanium handle grippers but apparently he no longer does. 

Does anyone here know of a company or a reputable maker of this variety? Stainless steel or titanium, aggressive knurling preferable.

Aluminum handles or chrome/nickel plated handles will not do.   

Thank you!

Edited by Required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass

For a custom order like that I recommend contacting Aaron @acorn or Andrew @Andrew P both men exceptional at grip tool fabrication 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Why would you want titanium handles? Pretty expensive stuff. 

Although it would be really cool 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acorn

I've done knurled stainless handles in the past though not Titanium. The stainless destroys knurling wheels pretty quick even with the high quality cobalt ones I use. I suspect Ti would be similar based on it's machining attributes. Those would really need to be done with cut knurling vs standard knurling which is a pressure based deformation of the material. I am not setup to do that and would have to spend at least $1500 to get the tooling to do it. Springs is a whole nother aspect of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope

There have been some steel Tetting grippers on Ebay for quite a while. The springs will be steel, so why stainless or titanium for the handles?

The link for the steel grippers:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warren-Tetting-STEEL-Complete-Set-Hand-Gripper-Grip-Strength-Ironman-VERY-RARE/113832739222?hash=item1a80f5c196:g:DAYAAOSworNcK7xw

I'm pretty sure the guy that is selling these is also a Gripboard member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Required

Thanks for the prompt feedback brothers. 

Steel or titanium because they are harder metals than aluminum. Aluminum handles wear too quickly and leave a black residue on the hands after a lengthy session. The knurling smoothens up just within a year but I would prefer an aggressive knurling for years to come. 

That eBay Tetting steel set is probably what I’m looking for but out of my price range and I’m from Canada. That’ll be at least $1700 Canadian for that set. I probably will never close 5 or 6 of those grippers anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acorn
15 minutes ago, Required said:

Thanks for the prompt feedback brothers. 

Steel or titanium because they are harder metals than aluminum. Aluminum handles wear too quickly and leave a black residue on the hands after a lengthy session. The knurling smoothens up just within a year but I would prefer an aggressive knurling for years to come. 

That eBay Tetting steel set is probably what I’m looking for but out of my price range and I’m from Canada. That’ll be at least $1700 Canadian for that set. I probably will never close 5 or 6 of those grippers anyway. 

 

Steel I can and often do. Stainless Steel however is a whole nother thing when it comes to knurling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wobbler

Knurled bar stock is readily available in 300 series alloys. Don't think you will find titanium though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Required
18 hours ago, acorn said:

Steel I can and often do. Stainless Steel however is a whole nother thing when it comes to knurling.

How much do you charge for a gripper you’d have to make with your own bar + machine, and spring? Vs how much for a gripper to make with an already knurled bar:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Diameter-304-Stainless-Steel-Knurled-Round-Bar-Stock-Knurled-Rod-Ladder-Rung-/332162333160

By the looks of it these are done by the standard pressurized method of formation instead of cut. I reckon the standard method won’t make the knurling as aggressive, correct?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Damn I wish spring steel wasn't so difficult to get a hold of so you could make your own grippers. Would make me a happy man 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Damn I wish spring steel wasn't so difficult to get a hold of so you could make your own grippers. Would make me a happy man 

I agree, it's annoyingly difficult to find good sources for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wobbler

Spring steel, look for "music wire" but the biggest I've found was 9/32.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raymond
7 hours ago, Required said:

By the looks of it these are done by the standard pressurized method of formation instead of cut. I reckon the standard method won’t make the knurling as aggressive, correct?

If it's mild steel you can do a pressure knurl with a fairly low cost setup, but stainless or Ti  requires a much more expensive knurling tool. With a cut knurl you can still get a very aggressive knurl if you take it to a full depth cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.