Cash event in 2020

lder

5 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I loved this actually.

Great post Joe. I agree completely.

I have had many friends come and go over the 15 years or so I've trained, it doesn't take much for people to quit. And those that dont just sort of fade(drift?) away from training over time. Perhaps they start training again, but they fade or quit exactly like before after some time.

They want results, but they don't love training.

Nothing wrong with it of course, but there is a difference.

It’s gotta be a passion, or like with everything else, we will quit if we aren’t interested.

50 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

OK I am laughing.  I know that there are strongmen in the world that bench a lot more,  but "a measly 345" bench?  Is that like "I can only close a measly COC 3" measly?

I see where you are both coming from.  To give you both a chuckle, I can't even bench 200.  Never in my life.  I have barely gotten 195, once, and usually 180-190 is my max.  Because of guys like Yves and Tanner and Jedd and Mike and all, I am gonna get MM1, and bench 200, and a few other things before I die.  Maybe not everything I try but I am on it.  Will update here.

Peace.

You missed the part about me weighing over 100 lbs more than you.  Bench, for me, is the lift most correlated to my weight.

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yves is clearly your average Joe regarding grip potential 😛

20190918_204752.jpg

Run of the mill.  Dime a dozen.  

So weird that people who spend time training end up being stronger. I thought strength came from post counts this whole time. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

So weird that people who spend time training end up being stronger. I thought strength came from post counts this whole time. 

Shows how much you know.  It's all about the likes baby!

29 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yves is clearly your average Joe regarding grip potential 😛

20190918_204752.jpg

You guys miss the point as well as you lift. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

StReNgTh iS ThE sAmE fOr EvErYoNE

11 minutes ago, KapMan said:

You guys miss the point as well as you lift. 

You can beat me in every single lift, I still think I'm strong. Just like I can't fathom your negative outlook, you may not be able to fathom mine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

You can beat me in every single lift, I still think I'm strong. Just like I can't fathom your negative outlook, you may not be able to fathom mine. 

Spot on! 

2 hours ago, KapMan said:

Most Ive done on bench is 315, Most on squat 420, and deadlift 510.

Im not even sure I can prove my point any further. Women have beat my squat and deadlift numbers..oh and Jennifer Thompson probably beat my best bench already and Im  32x her size. 

There you go again.  I've never squatted more than 420 and that was with knee wraps.  And again, you're comparing yourself to the top 0.000000000000001 of women's lifters.  And they probably have higher hormone levels than both of us put together.  The whole thread, and others like it, you compare your progress to the top guys, or top feats, or top 100 lists.  This board has been around for over 15 years (maybe 20?).  There have been grip comps that whole time.  Literally thousands of people have competed. And the people that go to comps are fairly serious about this stuff, so they're mostly better than average. People on the top 50 or 100 lists (unless it's some obscure lift) are not your average gripsters. Neither are people that have lifted the Inch, pinched two 45s, closed a 3.5, pulled 400 on an axle, pulled over 200 on a crusher, etc.

90% of gripsters that join this board or take up grip won't stick it out until they get to those levels or aren't capable.  The lifts you have done put you well into the top 25% of people that ever took up this sport.  You can be down about not being one of the best few or accept it and keep plugging along to get to some of those 10% lifts.  The vast majority of us, myself definitely included, will never be one of the best at this sport.  But somebody has to finish 5th.  Lol

Or maybe you're right.  Have you looked into other sports like synchronized swimming or rock climbing?  I mean... you've got the build for it buddy.  😉

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

StReNgTh iS ThE sAmE fOr EvErYoNE

Kapusta, what address should I ship your diapers and pacifiers to?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

I didn't miss it. I get it.

Just wanted to point out that people like Yves is not guys anyone should compare themselves to. Unless they are of the same caliber of course.

Yup. Missed the point. 

58 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I can beat my kids in every lift too..my peers. Not so much. The proof is in the pudding. 20 years of athletics and 5 years fooling around with grip with nothing to show for it. If stating that fact, as well as using myself as an example is going to be construed as defeatist and negative. So. (bad word filter)ing. Be. It. Still trying shit, still failing and getting injured in the process. For what? Because im stubborn thats what. But I don’t know what else to tell you. 

Very few things...as Ive already stated am I good at. 

32 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

There you go again.  I've never squatted more than 420 and that was with knee wraps.  And again, you're comparing yourself to the top 0.000000000000001 of women's lifters.  The whole thread, and others like it, you compare your progress to the top guys, or top feats, or top 100 lists.  This board has been around for over 15 years (maybe 20?).  There have been grip comps that whole time.  Literally thousands of people have competed. And the people that go to comps are fairly serious about this stuff, so they're mostly better than average. People on the top 50 or 100 lists (unless it's some obscure lift) are not your average gripsters. Neither are people that have lifted the Inch, pinched two 45s, closed a 3.5, pulled 400 on an axle, pulled over 200 on a crusher, etc.

90% of gripsters that join this board or take up grip won't stick it out until they get to those levels or aren't capable.  The lifts you have done put you well into the top 25% of people that ever took up this sport.  You can be down about not being one of the best few or accept it and keep plugging along to get to some of those 10% lifts.  The vast majority of us, myself definitely included, will never be one of the best at this sport.  But somebody has to finish 5th.  Lol

Or maybe your right.  Have you looked into other sports like synchronized swimming or rock climbing?  I mean... you've got the build for it buddy.  😉

Dude. This is getting ridiculous. Who else to compare to? Besides the folk who do it. The everyman like you fools constantly do? That’s arguably just as worthless dont you think? Maybe a “You tried” list needs to start so we have a better comparison. Im attempting to compare myself to the whole not the parts. 

Even at your worst you are still better then me on my best, whatever that is. In nearly every aspect that Ive seen. Your a manimal. 

Im decent at grippers, and getting decent at keypinch. Outside of that im shark bait.

DBED694C-CD49-4004-916B-A40B9D5109FD.png

7 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Kapusta, what address should I ship your diapers and pacifiers to?

Noice.

15 Up your ass avenue Deez Nutz, FU 06418

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

@KapMan

I am fiercely competitive, which is why I don't compete because it's all about winning for me. I cant handle the dissapointment if I don't succeed. It makes me very miserable. Therefore I have learned that the only way for me to feel good about myself is to only focus on myself and my own potential. Every pb is a big win for me and makes me proud of myself. Im happy that I managed to get into this mindset, spent years thinking of myself as worthless because I wasnt the best and hadn't won the genetic lottery.

Which is why I like the gripper certs so much, it's all about yourself and can be considered a huge win for yourself. You dont need to beat someone in a comp in order to succeed, only yourself. A good goal imo.

That there exists some 8 year olds who'd tns a #3 on their first attempt doesnt matter. Why should I care about that. 

Fair enough

I’m a pretty big guy. I *should* be stronger for my size, but I’m not (yet). 

I have terrible genetics. I don’t have big hands. I’m not great at anything. 

I try hard. I seek knowledge. I’m humble. I am what I am. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

I’m a pretty big guy. I *should* be stronger for my size, but I’m not (yet). 

I have terrible genetics. I don’t have big hands. I’m not great at anything. 

I try hard. I seek knowledge. I’m humble. I am what I am. 

You also have a last name that sounds like a 9”  blade used by indigenous tribes to kill Komodo dragons and Coconut crabs.  

Edited by KapMan

5 minutes ago, KapMan said:

You also have a last name that sounds like a 9”  blade used by indigenous tribes to kill Komodo dragons and Coconut crabs.  

Season 2 of THE WIRE!  Frank Sobotka!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Yup. Missed the point. 

I can beat my kids in every lift too..my peers. Not so much. The proof is in the pudding. 20 years of athletics and 5 years fooling around with grip with nothing to show for it. If stating that fact, as well as using myself as an example is going to be construed as defeatist and negative. So. (bad word filter)ing. Be. It. Still trying shit, still failing and getting injured in the process. For what? Because im stubborn thats what. But I don’t know what else to tell you. 

Very few things...as Ive already stated am I good at. 

Dude. This is getting ridiculous. Who else to compare to? Besides the folk who do it. The everyman like you fools constantly do? That’s arguably just as worthless dont you think? Maybe a “You tried” list needs to start so we have a better comparison. Im attempting to compare myself to the whole not the parts. 

Even at your worst you are still better then me on my best, whatever that is. In nearly every aspect that Ive seen. Your a manimal. 

Im decent at grippers, and getting decent at keypinch. Outside of that im shark bait.

DBED694C-CD49-4004-916B-A40B9D5109FD.png

Alright, I'll drop it after this.  My point was, after 5 years of grip I was about where you are.  Maybe slightly behind.  6 years later; if the events are right, the stars align, and my back isn't hurting... I can actually be pretty damn competitive in a contest.  I probably can never beat Luke or Jedd, but I have pushed them in a contest or two.  For some of us, it takes awhile and you are a hell of a lot younger than I was when I started this.  I think you just might surprise yourself if you keep slogging along.  

That being said, there are some MFers that need to be worried about me at this year's KING KONG! 😃

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Alright, I'll drop it after this.  My point was, after 5 years of grip I was about where you are.  Maybe slightly behind.  6 years later; if the events are right, the stars align, and my back isn't hurting... I can actually be pretty damn competitive in a contest.  I probably can never beat Luke or Jedd, but I have pushed them in a contest or two.  For some of us, it takes awhile and you are a hell of a lot younger than I was when I started this.  I think you just might surprise yourself if you keep slogging along.  

That being said, there are some MFers that need to be worried about me at this year's KING KONG! 😃

The fact I still try, after 20 years of failure is surprising enough for me. Have a good one CEO

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KapMan said:

The fact I still try, after 20 years of failure is surprising enough for me. Have a good one CEO

I'd like that if I wasn't out of likes for the day.  👍🏻

On 9/17/2019 at 12:15 PM, Vinnie said:

(Temmeeeeee - how much are your baby Inches? 

135 and 125 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

135 and 125 🙂

Thanks.  Yeah, your 135 is about the heaviest I can do any day, without warm up.  On a good day done right, maybe 145.  No Inch.  Not yet anyway.  lol

Talk soon

Well this thread got way off topic lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1