Great new grip tournament "GRÜNE CHALLENGE"

Alex Tank

27.7.2019 was the first "Grüne Challenge" tournament in Moscow.

This event will now be annual. The challenge is named after a legenday 20. th century sporstman John Grüne.

At the first tournament there were 3 challenges:

-Snatch Grün Bar 3"/76mm, max. weight

-Snatch Baby Inch 117 lb/ 53kg, max. times in 1 min

-Apollon Axle 50mm, max. weight.

The competition was fierce between the 5 invited top sportsmen. The prices were several thousand dollars in cash. See links below:

https://vk.com/video-92773440_456239151

JGRUN.jpg

Edited by Alex Tank
  • Like 10

@Alex TankYour technique while snatching the Baby Inch was superb!!!  That was so impressive to watch.  The other guys are letting it bang down all over the place and wasting so much time.  Yours was like watching a machine.  Perfection.  :rock

• Like 3

On 9/6/2019 at 2:04 PM, bencrush said:

@Alex TankYour technique while snatching the Baby Inch was superb!!!  That was so impressive to watch.  The other guys are letting it bang down all over the place and wasting so much time.  Yours was like watching a machine.  Perfection.  :rock

Yes!

Has a snatch event at a grip competition been used in the United States? Is it common in Russia? 

• Like 1

Snatch is an old and for years forgotten competition that has been reborn. In this format this was first time in Russia,  but this will be a regular event. This is fairly difficult competition and requires training. It doesnt suit all sportsmen. There are many old and new equipment different size and weight of kettler, dumbbells and apollon axles. Neverthess, all equipment are proved and controlled. Everyone can see, try on measure them.  See more from link, (these are top athletes, weightlifters and strongmen). https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRegere/videos

I have no information of such competition ever held in USA, would be interested to know also.

C4FD0841-EB8A-4A6E-80AB-8E3F0DCEC417.jpeg

Edited by Alex Tank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really impressive Tank!  I loved the shrugs at the end of the axle DLs! 

Dennis looks slightly better than in some of his recent videos.  Did he say how he was feeling?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alex Tank said:

Snatch is an old and for years forgotten competition that has been reborn. In this format this was first time in Russia,  but this will be a regular event. This is fairly difficult competition and requires training. It doesnt suit all sportsmen. There are many old and new equipment different size and weight of kettler, dumbbells and apollon axles. Neverthess, all equipment are proved and controlled. Everyone can see, try on measure them.  See more from link, (these are top athletes, weightlifters and strongmen). https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRegere/videos

I have no information of such competition ever held in USA, would be interested to know also.

Thanks for sharing this, Tank! Very interesting. 

I wonder how Americans would receive this. 

this was great to watch, and I thank you for posting this.  I will definite research that " Snatch Grün Bar" as I have ever seen anything like that but it just looks like an awesome idea.

do 
you have any english info on john Grün ? or can you point me in the right direction?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

this was great to watch, and I thank you for posting this.  I will definite research that " Snatch Grün Bar" as I have ever seen anything like that but it just looks like an awesome idea.

do 
you have any english info on john Grün ? or can you point me in the right direction?

I believe this to be the appropriate Grün. Worked in a brewery. Lived the dream.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Grün

• Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 12:51 PM, Alex Tank said:

Cool, Denis in the house!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

any chance you have and other  information on that "Snatch Grün Bar"???

Is it loaded with lead shot to get to the starting weight of 46kg?  or is it solid?
and how long is it?

I think at 3 inches, This Grun Bar is too wide for my hands, but It would be fun to try a 2" version of it, or 2 3/8"...
Maybe another trip to Home Depot is in my future.

• Like 1