Living Legends - Talk and Predictions

Eric Roussin

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Ok, Jedd will probably win that one. He's the master of everything that needs a lot of practice it seems :D 

Yes this is a trick lift for sure.

I've done several posts and vid's on the event. 

Joe that's the crazy thing about grip. I feel the event totally in my wrists and can tell when by wrist strength is down with this move. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Andrew Durniat is the wild card for me. He didn't train for 2016 legends much at all and was winning the whole thing going into the final event. 

Now with 2 days, 7 events and his conditioning is through the roof. I don't know this will be interesting for sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I've done several posts and vid's on the event. 

Joe that's the crazy thing about grip. I feel the event totally in my wrists and can tell when by wrist strength is down with this move. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Maybe if I get the technical aspect of it down I will feel it in my wrists... but I do not want people to think I’m gonna do well in this because I smash hammers like it’s my job. This one is way different than any of the other hammer feats I specialize in. Technical to the core more so than any other. I don’t feel it in my wrists... but like you said, it’s different for everyone. That’s the beauty of a grip contest. There are things we like, love and hate.... and considering I started this lift 2 weeks ago... haha I hate it because I SUCK AT IT.... but I’m still gonna practice it after the comp as well, because I want to get good at it to be great at all hammer feats. Don’t want to leave a chink in the wrist armor. It’s a good thing.. just don’t get your hopes up, Fists of Fury, I’m gonna be a let down on this one! 🤦‍♂️

Doing the lift with you knuckles flat on he floor changes it from using a large pad under you hands - a LOT

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Doing the lift with you knuckles flat on he floor changes it from using a large pad under you hands - a LOT

100% agree. Levering it over a pad feels more like a triceps press. 

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am not gonna do well at this sledge event. I cannot get the technical aspects down and in my opinion it is not a pure wrist strength event at all and Is more of a “trick” lift  as it deals with a lot of momentum from the body. I am not a fan at all. Did this lift for the first time maybe 2 weeks ago and just can’t get the POP out of it that everyone else seems to get.  I see myself being one of the bottom ones on this lift.Maybe I have weak wrists..LMAO!!

I never ended up even trying slim levers so you'll definitely have me beat there

1 minute ago, temmmeeee said:

I never ended up even trying slim levers so you'll definitely have me beat there

No, Timbo, you have a way of pulling things out of your back pocket even when you haven’t done them. You are the wildest card I’ve ever met..... especially since you rip em bruthaaaa! 

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

No, Timbo, you have a way of pulling things out of your back pocket even when you haven’t done them. You are the wildest card I’ve ever met..... especially since you rip em bruthaaaa! 

Meh we shall see! It's gonna be a great time regardless!!

21 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Best of strength guys!  Looking forward to the results and the after contest "look what I can do." 

That’s what it’s all about bruthaaaaa. 

Standings after Day 1 of Living Legends (Legends class):

1. Jedd Johnson 

2. Aaron Corcorran 

3. Luke Raymond 

4. Jason Dingey

5. Eric Roussin

6. Andrew Durniat

12 guys in the class. The hammer event was surprisingly difficult.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Standings after Day 1 of Living Legends (Legends class):

1. Jedd Johnson 

2. Aaron Corcorran 

3. Luke Raymond 

4. Jason Dingey

5. Eric Roussin

6. Andrew Durniat

12 guys in the class. The hammer event was surprisingly difficult.

Never saw that coming (sarcasm) 

Should of bet cold hard bitcoin on this.  Gripboard needs a bookie.

A few post competition shots of the competitors. Great comp and fast moving. Thanks to FBBC’s Andrew Pantke and his family of helpers for running a great show as well as an awesome MC job done by James Retarides.imageproxy.php?img=&key=9222dc44f9f5c4e6

23DF2F50-5156-4D6B-9032-F48F61952E3F.png

7C49AF2B-4EF8-405A-B6E0-346020657BAC.png

Edited by Guest

On 9/4/2019 at 6:59 AM, Lucasraymond said:

Events:

Gripper- Aaron C, Durniat, Jedd

Sledge- no idea

2 3/8" axle- Durniat, Eric R

2"x5" Saxon- Jedd, Aaron, Adam G (not sure if he is coming)

Anvil- Thomas, Myself, Jedd

Blob Medley- Jedd or Thomas

Inch Medley- Durniat, Eric R, Thomas, Jedd

Luke - these predictions were remarkably accurate! Well done!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Luke - these predictions were remarkably accurate! Well done!

Dang I forgot to look at them but yeah super close.