Forearms

gerryg

Can someone please give me some good forearm exercises and workouts! I am doing wrist curls,reverse curls, and the farmers walk. I would like to learn some new stuff.Thanks!

I think the reason you didnt get any tips is that none of us are really concerned with making our forearms huge.

Size doesnt equal strength.

Rick Walker :rock

Vice gave you a good link.

Forearm size and strength is not directly related.

It's an old topic...use the search option.

-HH

Tou IS a grip master, plus the article covers forearms quite nicely. It might be an old topic but sometimes its good for these things to poke up again every once in a while.

Tou's forearms, I dare say, are what many of us wish we could also develop in addition to the hand strength. As many here prove by their actions, great hand crushing strength can be gained without much in the way of forearm size increase.

:D I think big forearms convey to others that a person might be quite powerful even though it isn't necessarily true. Even though were all working on our grip strength here I think were all the sum of our parts. Myself I love grip training I don't even come close to most on here but my rewards from grip training are many and personal. This board is the best for exactly what its about. :rock

For me Grip training has actually made my forearms smaller I think since it's caused them to lean out a little bit. But I'm sure some wrist roller and wrist curl work would add some mass to them If started doing them.

Any and all of the muscular size I have attained has been attained by training specifically for STRENGTH.

I dont want to look like I am strong-I want to be strong.

Look at Nathan Holle-he's a dead ringer for that guy on "Who's Line Is It Anyway" and he is a human crushing machine.

Dont know his name-the old one that is shorter and balding.

As you all can tell I am new here! I am really into lower arm training(forearms,wrist,and grip)and was just looking for some new ideas on my forearm training!

To increase forearm size, you must train the forearms- not the grip- so heavy wrist curls, hammer curls, reverse curls, heavy lat machine rowing using two handles, exercises with thick bars- anything that bends the wrist rather than clenches the fist.

Try lat machine rowing with two handles with the hands placed back to back- not palm to palm- start light and warm-up well pulling the hands toward the throat or

upper chest- whole different feel.

Wrist roller wrist twists- I don't roll the stack up to the top, just get the stack off the floor, and twist the wrists back and forth with all the weight you can handle

WHILE KEEPING THE ARMS STRAIGHT- don't bend the elbow.

Hope this helps.

Not a grip freak like a lot here but,

...Towel and/or thick rope pull ups (climbing, hangs, etc.) along with high rep wrist curls will add size to your forearms. Go til failure on wrist curls or near it. The towel/rope work will build strength as well so, you will not just look strong but, be strong as well:) Please do the towel/rope stuff before the pump up stuff.

Another that will help is picking up a sledge hammer and help someone build an eathship (pound dirt into tires, a lot of tires). Just pound on something and stop when you can not go anymore. This will hit the midsection too:)

www.earthship.org or do a search on earthship you will understand what I mean. A coworker built one. He is skinny but, after pounding dirt into those tires he has forearms. He said it did help his rock climbing as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using my lever bar with the thick handle from Ironmind doing various motions with it and let me say my forearms got a terrific workout along with my hands/grip. Try many things and see what works for you.

• 4 weeks later...

While I only trained for strength, my forearms started to grow -fast- when I got serious into hammer levering and towel-chins. For getting some good tendon-action in there I'd recommend rock-climbing, too.

As for Tou's arms...wow...

I don't train my forearms for volume purpose. When I do, it's for strength ONLY.

Keep in mind that I'm an EASY-gainer. Might sound like bullshit but that's no joke. I have good genetic for muscle size and developpement. However, I'm not naturally gifted for strength. I had to work hard to achieve some of my lifts or feats (which are not so impressive for most of them).

For me, forearms are like calves. I barely train them and they are big. My dad has unreal calves and never touched a weight of his life. Most BB would kill for his calves.

It was mentioned last year that a lot of board members found a large correspondance between calf and forearm size. My calves (pre-sickness) were huge with no training (nearly the size of my quads) and my forearms pumped up a lot faster than they should have. A lot of others have noticed that large calves and forearms usually go together.

:D I think there is alot of truth to the fact of genetics playing a large role in determining what we become. Sure we can all make progress but in the end the genes we have will determine how much we will advance. Still it is good to develop our full potential no matter what level that is, it's all relative. Train hard on just a few specific exercises known for building forearm mass give it time work intensely rest appropriately then I believe you will reach your potential. Good Luck/train hard. Edited by python