Jesse Pynnönen Makes History

Jedd Johnson

Jesse Pinnonen has made history and become the first person in the world to ever do the Double 2x25's plate pinch.

As someone who was training for this, and even borrowed Chris Andrade's plates to do so, I want to take a moment to say BIG CONGRATS to Jesse on accomplishing this feat.  You were more of a man than me, brother!  I still can't get it right handed.

Check this out - the video definitely derves more than +/- 90 views.

• Like 19

Damn. What a beast. Congrats Jesse! Can't wait to see if anyone can follow suit in the future

Very impressive lift.  I didn't think this was even possible to do! 

What is Jesse's strength background?  I'd definitely be very interested to hear more about his training.

Thank You Jedd for keeping me motivated. Nothing drives results up like great competition. 

3 hours ago, IROC-Z said:

Very impressive lift.  I didn't think this was even possible to do! 

What is Jesse's strength background?  I'd definitely be very interested to hear more about his training.

My background is mostly decent pressing, pull-ups + overall strength training. But lately I've been driving my weight up a lot to compete in Finlands strongest man next year. I first heard about grip 2016, and my first competition was 2017 January. I've always been good at 1H pinch events, and in my first contest I hit something like 44.6kg/98lbs IM blockbuster. My hands aren't that huge for someone at 6'5/195cm, and my left thumb  is half the size of the right one (not 100% why). 

I My training for double 2x25kg took a massive setback when I fully dislocated my left middle finger 4 months ago and had the rehabilitate it from scratch. Luckily my background is physiotherapy and have a special place in my heart for upper extremity injuries and everything related to grip strength from that perspective. 

My weekly routine for grip has been currently oriented towards King Kong and Plate Pinching the double 2x25kg. 

1: Flask + Shallow Hub
2: Shallow hub (lighter)
3: Crusher + LBH
4: Plate lifting (now second flask day) + Shallow hub
5: Crusher/Inch lifts + LBH (lighter if needed) 

I've always been very goal oriented person, and even with the garage full of implements I keep focused on the current goals. 

• Like 12

Well done Jesse

On 9/4/2019 at 4:50 AM, Aaron Jacobs said:

Does this mean a double with old school York 45's is in the cards?  That's never been done, either.  Congrats.

Done by Jedd who was the first. Chad @TooTall farmers with them.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 3:50 AM, Aaron Jacobs said:

Does this mean a double with old school York 45's is in the cards?  That's never been done, either.  Congrats.

Doing York Plate feats is pretty much impossible in Finland since there are none Old School Deep Dish York Plates here, and I've been searching UK websites as well to find one without any luck. My 3 inch pinch is pretty decent, but 4 inch is definitely a different animal and that combined with uneven/small rim is going to make the feat very very hard. 

I do have 145lb York Blob that I got with help of @Jedd Johnson, but I'm unsure which my next narrow pinch goal is going to be. I am working on hitting 60kg/132lbs on the Flask, but I guess next plate pinch feat would be 3x20kg plates 1h or 4x20kg 2h and for both I need to buy more plates 😁 

Hit 54.4kg/120.8lbs 1H pinch with IM Pinch Block (sorry for showing off my powerbelly) 

• Like 9

That is crazy strong on the im block!!! Jesse have you been able to lift on a 3” x 4” Saxon bar lately? Tremendous strength 💪💪💪

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

That is crazy strong on the im block!!! Jesse have you been able to lift on a 3” x 4” Saxon bar lately? Tremendous strength 💪💪💪

Thanks Adam, I actually don't have 3x4 Saxon Bar. Harri is bringing me a 60mm or a 80mm Saxon bar tomorrow though.

• Like 1

I have to confess when I started reading Jedds post and got to 2x25's I was thinking "what, that's not hard at all that's no first" than saw KG. 

I'll let myself out now....

Killer pinch man!

• Like 1