Make your existing anvil loadable

Really enjoyed this Video.  At first I did not know what is  a "Hardy Hole".   Went to YouTube typed in "Anvils Hardy Hole Tools" (Video Uses of a Hardy Hole by Black Bear Forge" was very good).   Also I am someone who still uses spin-lock D.B. Handles and standard 1" hole  plates.        Your Video is also an example of a very clever use of 1" spin-lock D.B. Handles (without spending any money) that would not work with Olympic size handles/plates.    I am disturbed  by the recent trend of almost all training equipment only using Olympic Plates and no longer using Standing 1" Plates.   (It used to be that training equipment only came using 1" Standard Plates, and if you used Olympic Plates you would get a "Sleeve" that would slide over the 1" Post to make a 2" Post for Olympic Plates.)   Got a little off-topic here, but this Standard Plate vs. Olympic Plate Issue really bugs me .   (I know, get a life).

20 hours ago, Gary Gray said:

Really enjoyed this Video.  At first I did not know what is  a "Hardy Hole".   Went to YouTube typed in "Anvils Hardy Hole Tools" (Video Uses of a Hardy Hole by Black Bear Forge" was very good).   Also I am someone who still uses spin-lock D.B. Handles and standard 1" hole  plates.        Your Video is also an example of a very clever use of 1" spin-lock D.B. Handles (without spending any money) that would not work with Olympic size handles/plates.    I am disturbed  by the recent trend of almost all training equipment only using Olympic Plates and no longer using Standing 1" Plates.   (It used to be that training equipment only came using 1" Standard Plates, and if you used Olympic Plates you would get a "Sleeve" that would slide over the 1" Post to make a 2" Post for Olympic Plates.)   Got a little off-topic here, but this Standard Plate vs. Olympic Plate Issue really bugs me .   (I know, get a life).

That is why you order custom stuff that you have the option of standard or olympic from small companies vs ordering from Titan or Rogue where those aren't an option. Us little guys are not  standard or olympic plate biased 😂

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 1

Great idea, definitely more convenient than wrapping with a chain, and way easier to adjust. 

54 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

That is why you order custom stuff that you have the option of standard or olympic from small companies vs ordering from Titan or Rogue where those aren't an option. Us little guys are not "standard" plate biased 😂

Exactly! @Gary Gray I ordered a few things from Lucas with standard plate such as a loadable double sledge and a gripper machine. It’s awesome to be able to have that option.

Good idea. I needed to use a threaded pipe with a flange on one end as my threaded dumbbells didn't fit. I hadn't thought of it before your idea. Thanks. Much easier than the chains I was using.