Sully’s Saxon bar log

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Moving to a 2.5 inch saxon bar cycle from the 2 inch.

Also @MeatPlow I show you where you can put the extra weights in your weight sleeve pipe if you so desire.

working sets 3x3 with 225

Thanks Joe. I was eyeballing some old weight packs from some ankle weights to shove into the end of mine. I don't know what they weigh because I don't have a scale because I threw it out because I didn't like seeing what I saw when I stepped on it! I've notice that a lot guys on this forum have digital scales in their gym for complete accuracy. Truthfully, I am nowhere even remotely close to be worrying about it. I just need to focus on adding a little weight each time! 

Nice lifting also! The fat grip stuff and the Saxon bar has breathed some life back into myself and my Dad's training. He said he can't wait to hit the Saxon Bar tomorrow. He has complained for years about his fingers aching and being stiff but he is now saying that the fat grip and pinching seem to be making his fingers better and that they are nowhere near as stiff as the used to be. So, thanks to you and Adam. Stumbling on to your guys logs has put us on our path.

2 hours ago, MeatPlow said:

Thanks Joe. I was eyeballing some old weight packs from some ankle weights to shove into the end of mine. I don't know what they weigh because I don't have a scale because I threw it out because I didn't like seeing what I saw when I stepped on it! I've notice that a lot guys on this forum have digital scales in their gym for complete accuracy. Truthfully, I am nowhere even remotely close to be worrying about it. I just need to focus on adding a little weight each time! 

Nice lifting also! The fat grip stuff and the Saxon bar has breathed some life back into myself and my Dad's training. He said he can't wait to hit the Saxon Bar tomorrow. He has complained for years about his fingers aching and being stiff but he is now saying that the fat grip and pinching seem to be making his fingers better and that they are nowhere near as stiff as the used to be. So, thanks to you and Adam. Stumbling on to your guys logs has put us on our path.

That’s great,man! Good luck with it!