Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kluv#0

IM AXLE- Thumbless and DO 348 lb.

Recommended Posts

Kluv#0

PR for me on the Thumbless axle.  I have trained very smart after my latest back injury in January- I thought I was done ever using this great piece of equipment. I know its not WC like Adam Glass and other beasts but still very proud of this.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0

Pic of the Thumbless pull:)

dot.png.db6e31e080aee99c9f8a857c212c8974.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Strong work! Powerful wrist flexion!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0

Thanks Joe! I was pleased how I felt afterwards, too👍 I mentioned to CEO Mike that I was going to do rows today but after seeing Tanner’s amazing rows I figured better not🤣🤣🤣 and do something else.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shal9097

Nice lift man. My lifting coach always told me to try to make my shoulder blades touch when I was deadlifting to keep my back in the right position and prevent injury. He said to pretend you were holding an orange with your shoulder blades. I’m hoping to get an axle this winter if Santa doesn’t throw too much of a fit lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devinhoo
26 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

Nice lift man. My lifting coach always told me to try to make my shoulder blades touch when I was deadlifting to keep my back in the right position and prevent injury. He said to pretend you were holding an orange with your shoulder blades. I’m hoping to get an axle this winter if Santa doesn’t throw too much of a fit lol

Maybe that's why Martinis was all over the oranges this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shal9097
18 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Maybe that's why Martinis was all over the oranges this year...

Could be lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Strong stuff Mike!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bencrush

@Kluv#0Great thumbless pull! I also really like how you did a with thumb lift after the thumbless! I did my first axle workout in years last week after watching this video and one of Adam Glass's recent thumbless axle videos. I like how thumbless feels. 

Do you know your thumbless to with thumb ratio on 2" axle? I think Adam mentioned that his was about 80%, but he was working on going closer to 100%. 

My ratio is at 93% on my baseline max tests. I rested a week between with thumb and thumbless.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
29 minutes ago, bencrush said:

@Kluv#0Great thumbless pull! I also really like how you did a with thumb lift after the thumbless! I did my first axle workout in years last week after watching this video and one of Adam Glass's recent thumbless axle videos. I like how thumbless feels. 

Do you know your thumbless to with thumb ratio on 2" axle? I think Adam mentioned that his was about 80%, but he was working on going closer to 100%. 

My ratio is at 93% on my baseline max tests. I rested a week between with thumb and thumbless.

Thanks Ben, Iam glad you got back into the axle lifts. As far as my thumbless to thumb ratio I would say 93%,too:) Currently, 348-350lb.ish thumbless Max and 372-375lb. thumb wrapped Max

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Ben, Iam glad you got back into the axle lifts. As far as my thumbless to thumb ratio I would say 93%,too:) Currently, 348-350lb.ish thumbless Max and 372-375lb. thumb wrapped Max

I think I'm just below you on both those numbers, so my ratio is just about the same.  Must be an AARP thing.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I think I'm just below you on both those numbers, so my ratio is just about the same.  Must be an AARP thing.  

Yeah buddy! I love AARP looking out for us older persons. Plus, AARP has some good informational e-mails:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasonD

Nice lifts! I haven’t done thumbless since the end of last year, but then there was almost no difference for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.