Best hex block weight size

Bearhugger

Hey guys, going to buy a hex DB soon to cut up and use as block weights and I’m curious as to what size would probably work best. I’ll give a quick rundown of my pinch/grip strength.

My block weight experience so far is picking up a 45 pound hex DB by the end but I don’t have heavier DBs to try but there’s more strength in the tank. I also have a 35 pound kettlebell that I can pick up inverted.

Plate pinch wise, Ive pinched 5 ten pound Olympic plates up. I can also do two 35s and pass them hand to hand.

So my question is what size hex DB would be best for me to cut up. I was leaning toward getting a 100 lb DB but what do you guys think? 

Thanks.

Bump. I realize there’s a pretty good shot that I couldn’t lift them on the first try but I figure I could do assisted lifts with it and still get workouts with them. As well as giving me a goal to work for if that’s the case.

just wondering what the basic equivalent of a 100 lb hex would be.

• 3 weeks later...

I think getting a 100 hex is a good idea. Sand one of the two heads down to bare steel, leave the paint on the other. You’ll make fast progress once you can put your hand on it weekly 

Thanks. I ended up buying a 90 lber as the store was out of the 100s.

Can get it right handed but not to full deadlift with the left. Glad I didn’t get the 100, I might sand the slick painting off but just gonna keep it as it for now.