AMRAP 125 pound anvil

Fantastic lifting! I'd love an anvil to train with. In my opinion, this is FAR more impressive than anything that can be done with a gripper!

10 minutes ago, paul valpreda said:

Fantastic lifting! I'd love an anvil to train with. In my opinion, this is FAR more impressive than anything that can be done with a gripper!

Thanks, Paul. Grippers are fun, but they shouldn’t be the main focus. So many other things are attached to grip that are a lot more carryover to real life than grippers.  Just think how easy it would be for a farrier or a blacksmith to transport their main tool  if they practiced these?  🤡 

Probably deserves it's own thread but seems appropriate here.  What's the most impressive grip feat or event out there?  I'll cheat and say some of the Medley runs I've seen Jedd and Andrew do - every grip event ever thought of - all done right in a row at world class levels for each - now that impresses me!

21 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Probably deserves it's own thread but seems appropriate here.  What's the most impressive grip feat or event out there?  I'll cheat and say some of the Medley runs I've seen Jedd and Andrew do - every grip event ever thought of - all done right in a row at world class levels for each - now that impresses me!

@Jedd Johnson inch clean by far. Especially since I was the one filming. Next is @Yves Gravelle and his lift of the inch after a contest at way less a body weight than the inch itself.

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

100kg on 2 inch pin is decent. What are your  thick bar numbers ?

I think my max on RT would be 72.5 kg. I can lift 120 kg with fat gripz on a barbell. To me, those numbers are not very good.

6 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I think my max on RT would be 72.5 kg. I can lift 120 kg with fat gripz on a barbell. To me, those numbers are not very good.

Work on it and you will improve 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Work on it 

Oh buddy, trust me, I am. And it's gonna get better, but I can never be in the elite crowd. But I have belief in my pinch, gripper and hub strength :D

5 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Oh buddy, trust me, I am. And it's gonna get better, but I can never be in the elite crowd. But I have belief in my pinch, gripper and hub strength :D

I am not in elite crowd yet either, IMO, but hard work over time will get you there.

8 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am not in elite crowd yet either, IMO, but hard work over time will get you there.

I don't comment a lot on here, but I read a lot and enjoy watching the videos. This one's worth a comment though - I've seen what you can do with a sledgehammer, I've seen you TNS slam #3 grippers like nobody's business, axle lifts, anvils etc. Elite crowd? I think you're there already.

5 minutes ago, Daveyboy said:

I don't comment a lot on here, but I read a lot and enjoy watching the videos. This one's worth a comment though - I've seen what you can do with a sledgehammer, I've seen you TNS slam #3 grippers like nobody's business, axle lifts, anvils etc. Elite crowd? I think you're there already.

Thanks, Dave’s boy!! Appreciate the kind words!!

42 minutes ago, Daveyboy said:

By the way, your comment just gave me the confidence I needed to join the legends class at Living Legends! Thank you! I know I’m gonna get my ass kicked , but I will know where I stand with the best in the land!

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

By the way, your comment just gave me the confidence I needed to join the legends class at Living Legends! Thank you! I know I’m gonna get my ass kicked , but I will know where I stand with the best in the land!

Cool, that's made my day! Good luck when the time comes.

1 hour ago, Shal9097 said:

Don’t just drop them straight to the ground like a little girl. Hold those things up there like a man!! 😂 

How long of a hold would take me out of little girl status?  Is this sufficient? 

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

How long of a hold would take me out of little girl status?  Is this sufficient? 

Yeah that’ll do it lol. Strong stuff man as always 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Have any of the people that train with anvils/little big horn noticed any carryover to thick bar?

On challenge days on Inch deadlifts or RT, I warm up with little big horn. That seems to fit the bill for me. I noticed that it was better than light gripper closes.