AMRAP 125 pound anvil

I can't believe no-one's commented on this. I saw this vid this morning and had a go with my anvil which is about that size, I couldn't even get it off the ground once, I just scraped it on the concrete and didn't even get the bastard hovering.

Edited by Raymond
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I can't believe no-one's commented on this. I saw this vid this morning and had a go with my anvil which is about that size, I couldn't even get it off the ground once, I just scraped it on the concrete and didn't even get the bastard hovering.

People around here only seem to care the most about grippers, which are the most boring out of all IMO and the least carryover to anything else but grippers . Blows my mind as well how many awesome things some guys post with not much love for them such as @AdamTGlass @Kluv#0 and @Mike Rinderle who post regularly some pretty awesome feats..... oh well, I just post for a record of things I do for others for motivation and ideas. 

14 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

People around here only seem to care the most about grippers, which are the most boring out of all IMO and the least carryover to anything else but grippers . Blows my mind as well how many awesome things some guys post with not much love for them such as @AdamTGlass @Kluv#0 and @Mike Rinderle who post regularly some pretty awesome feats..... oh well, I just post for a record of things I do for others for motivation and ideas. 

That was an awesome display of strength Joe!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

That was an awesome display of strength Joe!!

Thanks Mike. Whipped out the old anvil after not using them for a bit. Thinking of throwing my hat in the living legends game. My best ever with this anvil was 19 reps in a minute, definitely stale with it at the moment 

28 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It's a strange phenomenon, if anyone lifted something like that in any metal workshop on the planet everyone would be impressed. You posted it here and it almost went unnoticed. Go figure?

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

It's a strange phenomenon, if anyone lifted something like that in any metal workshop on the planet everyone would be impressed. You posted it here and it almost went unnoticed. Go figure?

Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Like I said, grippers seem to be the Only  or the most focus here. I don’t know why... but  dats juss how it bee!  I actually wish more than the 4 mentioned above people would post things here and not grippers all the time. This is a a call to all grip guys on here. Post some feats and lifts for others to get motivation/inspiration/ideas from... to keep this place fresh and interesting. 

1 hour ago, Raymond said:

Well it was overnight for most of us.  I like anvils.  I can do Tim Butler's 140-lb anvil one or two reps at a time, never went for max reps, but I definitely cannot do 11, and its lighter than yours.  So I am impressed also.  Love to see if I can do yours once.  But it is hard to bring places lol.  If you have it at Gripmas I will give it a go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raymond said:

Where are you located?  Let's have an anvil lifting attempt party lol.

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Anvils and hammers are my first loves. First things I ever got my hands on in grip. Haven’t used anvils in a while.

19 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Have any of the people that train with anvils/little big horn noticed any carryover to thick bar?

For me, not particularly. I also feel vertical lifts are way more technical than thick bar. On multiple occasions I've failed far from PR lifts on something thick bar and in frustration gone on to PR on an anvil lift in the same session. But maybe it's different for others

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Have any of the people that train with anvils/little big horn noticed any carryover to thick bar?

If you are good at thick bar you most likely will be good on vertical bar lifts. 

I edited the topic... I always thought this was 145 pounds... it’s actually 125! Had it weighed. Brother in law said it was 145... glad I know now... TITLE CHANGED ACCORDINGLY!!!!

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I edited the topic... I always thought this was 145 pounds... it’s actually 125! Had it weighed. Brother in law said it was 145... glad I know now... TITLE CHANGED ACCORDINGLY!!!!

then WIMP

lol.  jk.  Every anvil's difficulty depends on its unique shape anyway.  Love to try it.

39 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

then WIMP

lol.  jk.  Every anvil's difficulty depends on its unique shape anyway.  Love to try it.

I have farmers walked the Jowett 173 across Eric Roussin’s basement and it didn’t feel much harder than this one to me. I will find the video.. because it didn’t happen if there was no video... although I think it’s already posted on here somewhere. Here it is... the “inch dumbbell” of anvils... (so I’m told)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

If you are good at thick bar you most likely will be good on vertical bar lifts. 

I'm garbage at thick bar, but I lifted 100 kg on the IronMind loading pin as a V-bar.

8 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I'm garbage at thick bar, but I lifted 100 kg on the IronMind loading pin as a V-bar.

100kg on 2 inch pin is decent. What are your  thick bar numbers ?

16 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I'm in Oz, so as you said maybe everyone hadn't seen it because the post went up as you guys were going to bed. I saw no-one had replied after around 12 hours. so I thought it was worth bumping it.

I can't lift mine with one hand,  so  it wouldn't be much of a party on my end. Mine  weighs about 140 so I think it was probably the same weight as Joe's originally but it's been refaced so that added a few pounds. The extra few pounds wasn't the issue though, I just don't have the grip strength pull a weight like that with that type of grip.

Edited by Raymond