My grip adventure

Lennix

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

I saw Bader supports him aswell and he is usually ultra skeptical. It is a bit weird, I agree. 

But he has taken on the role of the underdog who fights back against the jealous non believers, guess people like that kind of thing. 

Now that's funny, me being naive and a underdog. Lol!

Yes I am super ultra extraordinary skeptical about anything and everything. Believe me when I say this, I met the world strongest men, and some frauds too. Panagiotis isn't a fraud. Me and Panagiotis broke bread in my house. We had amazing time here at Dubai. We also trained here. Panagiotis is an ex-olympic lifter. Strong overall. Long story short, when we trained at my place, he did everything he said he would. Actually, no he did them better. He lifted the Inch (tilted), Millennium trainer (tilted too) and the Millennium trainer plus 10 pounds. He has very strong grip @ 7.5". His thick bar and thumbless lifts were way cool. He lifted my 2 35's which are hard and slippery. Ask Jedd, Laine, Luke, Larry, Razaq,...etc. He lifted the 45 pounds blob to knee level his first time ever touching a blob. York blob that is (and kinda slippery). Did he attempt grippers? No. Do I believe him? Yes! Is the video weird? Yes, but there is sun behind it. Is he mentally challenged? On the contrary, he is very intelligent. Why would he ruin his reputation for something less than 1000 people in the world care about? Especially when he proved himself in front of me (albeit not in grippers, but because we didn't attempt them besides my single #2 and #3 close).

People genetically gifted are there. Stephen is the fastest man the climb the MM ladder. He is very strong. My friend Khaled, he lifted the 98 KG Inch STRICT first time ever. Next time the Millennium. People like that exist. I am saying my brother and friend Panagiotis is a demi god? No. But, he is strong, very strong, honest and intelligent. He is more than capable to train on closing the CoC #4.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Now that's funny, me being naive and a underdog. Lol!

Yes I am super ultra extraordinary skeptical about anything and everything. Believe me when I say this, I met the world strongest men, and some frauds too. Panagiotis isn't a fraud. Me and Panagiotis broke bread in my house. We had amazing time here at Dubai. We also trained here. Panagiotis is an ex-olympic lifter. Strong overall. Long story short, when we trained at my place, he did everything he said he would. Actually, no he did them better. He lifted the Inch (tilted), Millennium trainer (tilted too) and the Millennium trainer plus 10 pounds. He has very strong grip @ 7.5". His thick bar and thumbless lifts were way cool. He lifted my 2 35's which are hard and slippery. Ask Jedd, Laine, Luke, Larry, Razaq,...etc. He lifted the 45 pounds blob to knee level his first time ever touching a blob. York blob that is (and kinda slippery). Did he attempt grippers? No. Do I believe him? Yes! Is the video weird? Yes, but there is sun behind it. Is he mentally challenged? On the contrary, he is very intelligent. Why would he ruin his reputation for something less than 1000 people in the world care about? Especially when he proved himself in front of me (albeit not in grippers, but because we didn't attempt them besides my single #2 and #3 close).

People genetically gifted are there. Stephen is the fastest man the climb the MM ladder. He is very strong. My friend Khaled, he lifted the 98 KG Inch STRICT first time ever. Next time the Millennium. People like that exist. I am saying my brother and friend Panagiotis is a demi god? No. But, he is strong, very strong, honest and intelligent. He is more than capable to train on closing the CoC #4.

Bader you are naive as they say even though you studied at Harvard Lol. Maybe the average flat earther Joe is telling lies about us ;) they can't see the truth. 🌍

• Like 1

Screenshot_20200923-173820_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9662aacdb0ef3cbf19f8dfab6ca13224.jpg

There is nothing to debate. The #3.5 hasn't been closed with a good video. Either the handles is ar an angle away from camera or the gripper goes out of sight. 

The #4 brand new from package has been tampered with, it doesn't behave like a #4 would and neither stephen or David would make the #4 move that way he did in the video. 

The lifts he did at your place I'm not skeptical about, his intelligence has nothing to do with this, I'm just stating the fact these aren't legit lifts and he is undermining every guy who trains hard by doing that. 

Why he is doing this? No idea. 

IMG_20200923_193858_065.jpg

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lennix said:

Screenshot_20200923-173820_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9662aacdb0ef3cbf19f8dfab6ca13224.jpg

There is nothing to debate. The #3.5 hasn't been closed with a good video. Either the handles is ar an angle away from camera or the gripper goes out of sight. 

The #4 brand new from package has been tampered with, it doesn't behave like a #4 would and neither stephen or David would make the #4 move that way he did in the video. 

The lifts he did at your place I'm not skeptical about, his intelligence has nothing to do with this, I'm just stating the fact these aren't legit lifts and he is undermining every guy who trains hard by doing that. 

Why he is doing this? No idea. 

IMG_20200923_193858_065.jpg

I'm training hard too and you're undermining me with these comments and the whole topic that you started from nohwereu! So,you mentioned the rolling thunder! Why is it not a good lift? Is the camera angle bad? 

3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Obviously, the underdog label was not directed at you but to your friend. Since he has a lot of doubters, which he has to, or wants to rather, prove wrong. Which would be great of course. Regarding the naivety, I think all human beings are subject to it given the right circumstances. Take this example here, if it would turn out that it is indeed fake, which is still a possibility since you have not witnessed it, you would have been naive. 

And also, the psychological comment was not based on his intellect but on the assumption that it is fake. As you said, why would he do such a thing and ruin his reputation, it doesn't make any sense. Hence, very interesting. 

And the thing about the yt comment was directed at the possible language barrier. 

Regardless, now we have proven that mr Panagiotis gripper videos are real so we don’t have to worry about that. Sorry to have doubted it. 

I don't have to prove anything! I'm doing my thing! 

Just now, Panoskal said:

I'm training hard too and you're undermining me with these comments and the whole topic that you started from nohwereu! So,you mentioned the rolling thunder! Why is it not a good lift? Is the camera angle bad? 

Stop shifting focus from the gripper discussion.

The RT lift was what started this thing, I was watching you work hard with the RT trying to learn a thing or two, but you kept tilting the handle and holding on the metal which makes the lift easier and then someone gave you a pointer about it and 2 weeks later you gained 10kg and with excellent technique which is just, wierd. But things like that happens but that started my curiosity. Then you started with grippers. 

Just now, Lennix said:

The RT lift was what started this thing, I was watching you work hard with the RT trying to learn a thing or two, but you kept tilting the handle and holding on the metal which makes the lift easier and then someone gave you a pointer about it and 2 weeks later you gained 10kg and with excellent technique which is just, wierd. But things like that happens but that started my curiosity. Then you started with grippers. 

I'm not shifting anything you mentioned the rolling thunder! And then I'm closing the grippers! What's your problem? Am I stealing anything from you? 

6 minutes ago, Lennix said:

And again why is weird, did you see anything abnormal on the video? The angles was perfect! Why all this? 

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Obviously, the underdog label was not directed at you but to your friend. Since he has a lot of doubters, which he has to, or wants to rather, prove wrong. Which would be great of course. Regarding the naivety, I think all human beings are subject to it given the right circumstances. Take this example here, if it would turn out that it is indeed fake, which is still a possibility since you have not witnessed it, you would have been naive. 

And also, the psychological comment was not based on his intellect but on the assumption that it is fake. As you said, why would he do such a thing and ruin his reputation, it doesn't make any sense. Hence, very interesting. 

And the thing about the yt comment was directed at the possible language barrier. 

Regardless, now we have proven that mr Panagiotis gripper videos are real so we don’t have to worry about that. Sorry to have doubted it. 

Right...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Right...

I guess sometimes people who show up out of the blue and have extraordinary feats of strength will always have doubters. Because our minds can't comprehend how on earth they are so strong and getting stronger by the day.

In this case, I was the one being overly critical, and I apologise for calling you or anyone naive.

Grippers: 

LH focus: 

#1.5 10 

#2 2 

#2.5 2 

#3 0 0 0 0 (1mm every attempt) 

RH (woops) 

#2 1 

#3 1 CCS 

Left woke up stengthwise but set needs to get dialed in to get the last mm. Happy my right hand felt strong. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Panoskal said:

I don't have to prove anything! I'm doing my thing! 

Then why did you sign up for the gripboard yesterday and start posting your videos here? LOL

All you're doing is proving yourself, according to your IG.

If you want to make it fair: record the HQ video (as in the GHP challenge and MM certification) with closing or attemp and measurements of the gripper parameters afterwards (spring width, distance between handles).

Everything else is just an empty words for us.

Edited by insane.warrior

26 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Then why did you sign up for the gripboard yesterday and start posting your videos here? LOL

All you're doing is proving yourself, according to your IG.

If you want to make it fair: record the HQ video (as in the GHP challenge and MM certification) with closing or attemp and measurements of the gripper parameters afterwards (spring width, distance between handles).

Everything else is just an empty words for us.

First of all I will do whatever I want. Next time I'll ask you if it's OK to sing up on anything! 

Second, just wait a bit. You'll soon see. 

Lastly I don't care about certifications, I'm doing it for me. 

I just saw this thread about this new guy. Well, as with all in the past, you just never know what freak might pop up. Stephen is a perfect recent example of this.  But, it will all shake out eventually!  It always does based on my decades in grip and this forum. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

I just saw this thread about this new guy. Well, as with all in the past, you just never know what freak might pop up. Stephen is a perfect recent example of this.  But, it will all shake out eventually!  It always does based on my decades in grip and this forum. :)

I play a word game called bitwordy (at bitwordy.com if anyone is interested) -- like the game boggle, but against many people at once online.  I fancy myself pretty good at it.  Once in a while, someone comes along and just destroys the whole field, beating us all by a lot.  Sometimes, someone accuses that person of cheating.  Sometimes there are big flame wars in the comments under the game, with people explaining how the high score could not be valid because this or that, and who is this new guy or gal who just shows up and beats the oldtimers.  My view has always been this:  Compete against yourself, first.  I am as good as I am, however good that is, and with 7 billion people in the world, it would be naive to think there is no one better.  If someone else does better, so be it.  Unless there is a competition for a prize and I am in the running to win it, I will assume there is no motive to lie because there is nothing to gain -- I am not impressed that someone is better than me.  Really, who the f$#& would I think I am that no one should be better than me, or better than the stars I already know?  I am just looking to do my best.  I really don't care if someone else cheats and I will not waste my time wondering or investigating it.  When it counts for something, like at a competition or certification, it will be verified.  If the vid sucks, it may be less impressive to watch than if it's good, and if a gripper looks weird, it may seem less impressive than if it looks right, but this is just a guy doing his thing.  If it ever matters for money or official certification, he will do what he needs to do to get whatever he is capable of getting.  For now, it is a guy who obviously loves the sport and wants to share.  I hope he closes his 4!  And if he wants more than camaraderie and support -- like official recognition or something -- he can always join the mashmonster ladder or go to a comp.  Why hate on him for having fun now?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Just want to point out I think the guy is a very strong guy and I have nothing against him personally. No one would be happier if he actually close a non tampered #4. 

• Like 1

Guys, if someone wants to continue this let's take it to the gripboard forum. This is a personal blog. We can't move it out of its subject. And for everyone's information, my friend Panagiotis will buy a rated 4 and close it all on video. He also said he will take picture and video of this #4 clearly to shut the doubters. And more to come. So let take it elsewhere guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Guys, if someone wants to continue this let's take it to the gripboard forum. This is a personal blog. We can't move it out of its subject. And for everyone's information, my friend Panagiotis will buy a rated 4 and close it all on video. He also said he will take picture and video of this #4 clearly to shut the doubters. And more to come. So let take it elsewhere guys.

I dont think anyone should continue to talk about this at all, I said what I wanted to say in my own journal and I'm done with it :)

if i really cared that much I would have posted it on main page, reddit, Facebook or Instagram but I didn't. 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Exactly! 

• Like 1

Blobtrainer with LH:

14x loads 

20.5x4 

21.1x3.5 

21.1x2.5 

21.1x4.5(RH woops) 

21.1 hold LH 

• Like 1

Squat: 

100x5 140x10 150x10 + 140x5 2ct paus 5 on the last rep. 

Bench: 

80x6 90x6 90x15 90×12 

Stiff legs deads 140x5x3 

RT 91.55 with left all time PR 

Bottleup press KB

16x5 

28x0 

28x1 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lennix said:

Squat: 

100x5 140x10 150x10 + 140x5 2ct paus 5 on the last rep. 

Bench: 

80x6 90x6 90x15 90×12 

Stiff legs deads 140x5x3 

RT 91.55 with left all time PR 

Bottleup press KB

16x5 

28x0 

28x1 

Good session, very good RT numbers. Also i have the same shoes, Great for lifting 👍. I find my thick bar is slightly better left. Right handed people, myself included tend to have slightly bigger left hands. My fingers and thumb is 1-3mm longer on left hand depending on finger.

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

Good session, very good RT numbers. Also i have the same shoes, Great for lifting 👍. I find my thick bar is slightly better left. Right handed people, myself included tend to have slightly bigger left hands. My fingers and thumb is 1-3mm longer on left hand depending on finger.

Really? That is indeed the case, my left hand is about 5mm longer :D 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Really? That is indeed the case, my left hand is about 5mm longer :D 

Thanks! 

5mm is a big difference. Mine is 2mm longer left at middle finger. Some fingers have a bigger difference. My left thumb is longer and i find it really helps with extra wrap on thick bar. 

Edit. 

Forgot to say my right index finger is actually about 10mm shorter than my left hand but that is due to a depressed knuckle and bent 2nd metacarpal bone in my hand and bent right index finger due to broken bones. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1