My grip adventure

Lennix

On 8/28/2020 at 7:32 PM, bruce1337 said:

I always do my big bends first and work my way down to the easier ones, my wrists get tired very fast so its best to hit the big stuff first 👍

Makes sense! Thanks :D

Edited by Lennix

Axle:
88x5
128x3
128x3
158x3
163x1
163x1
170ish x0x5
158 hold
158 hold

LTE 20x5x5

Framewalk
160x10x3
205x10x2
240x10x2
300x10

Biceps

#3 1 

#3 1 

#3 1 

#3 1 

GG6 184 1 PR 

#3.5 178 0 (2mm) 

• Like 3

Well done! At my low level (CCS 120 with grip genie 4) I am also better with grip genie than with coc, however the movement is wider at the end with genie grip and therefore potentially difficult! Maybe you will have to close a grip genie 190 of rgc to close your coc 178 regularly.Impressive anyway!😀

9 hours ago, Maiche 25 said:

Well done! At my low level (CCS 120 with grip genie 4) I am also better with grip genie than with coc, however the movement is wider at the end with genie grip and therefore potentially difficult! Maybe you will have to close a grip genie 190 of rgc to close your coc 178 regularly.Impressive anyway!😀

This is the second time attempting the 178 and both have been after GG6 attempt :) although my 171 #3.5 feels harder then gg6 so I dont anything anymore 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Home sick and wanted to see if I got #3 157 CCS without hype etc. I did. Also a good attempt CCSing GG6 :d 

• Like 1

So I couldn't resist playing some.. 

SB #3.5 ~15

#4 ~ 3 

#4 ~10

#3 40+ PR failed to record could have been 50+

#3 20 

#4 ~16 

#4 21 PR

Bloblifts loads between sets but only 1 set with real reps managed 7 reps with 19kg blob50 replica. 

Did a IM hub technique video for @bruce1337

• Thanks 1

CCS with #3 working on not cheating with the card and doing it controlled. Not so strong today many misses with 1mm. 

Blobtrainer: 

This felt great. I have grinded down the edge and prepped it good with chalk. 

19kg loads of reps 

22x1x3 bh 

24.4x1x2 bh

25.4x0 (like 8 hoovers with RH and 5 LH but no lockout, best attempt on video)

Bending DU

6 mm x1 

Antons steel x0 not one mm 

HRS 8mm 180mm x1 to parallel 

3 or 4 DU 6mm nails

6mm scroll PR 

6mm nail DU barehanded PR

7mm nail barehanded kink 

25.4kg bloblift 2 singles to lockout PR 

• Like 1

Playing: 

New Pinchblock 

35x5 

40x3 

45x1 

50x0 

Grippers: 

#3 146 1 1 

#3 157 1 1 

#3.5 171 0 

#4 208 0 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Love that close, it's beautiful 😁

Thanks! Felt good :)

1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Awesome Ccs 3 close. Looked very easy.

Thank you! Felt very very good :)

• Like 1

Bench 70x6x6 no pain 

Europinch singles on 80kg (some 2s some holds) 

Barbell rows 100x5/8/8 

Random shit 

• Like 1

Was cutting some nails and thought ill try one :) 8mm HRS 155mm 

• Like 1

Squat: 

60x5 100x5 130x5 

150x3x10 with paus 

Grippers: 

#1.5 10 

#2 3 

#3 2 

#3.5 miss 2mm 

#4 way off 

#3.5 0 0 0 0 all close misses 1mm last set i did like 3 micro reps but not fully closed. 

#4 better set 

#3 TNS miss 2mm 

#3 TNS miss 

LTE + flyes 5x5 20/7 

Europinch 5x5 on ~50kg 

Biceps

• Like 1

Shiny pinchblock some hard lifts on 34kg and some 2 handed. 

Bending: 

6mm x2 DU

7mm 150mm ×1 

8mm 110mm x0 

6mm snap attempt DU ×0 cant keep the same spot bending so its turning around in my hands. 

7mm barehanded a better kink then last time. 

7mm 145mm single wrap x0 to tired 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

Bench 80x6x6 

Europinch 50x5 ×10 ×10 ×5 + hold 

LTE

Rehab shoulders 

Armwrestling 

Bench 90x6x6

Block 42.15 both hands, pr territory for left 

Platecurls 15x2 

Platecurls 3x5x12 (3 5s for reddit challenge) 

• Like 2

Talked to fysio, he said rest my right arm. Aight. 

Grippers with the forgotten left arm 😂

#1.5 20 20 20 mms 

#2 10 mms 

#2.5 1 1 1 1 

Havent closed grippers in forever with left arm, feels wonky ^^

• Like 1

Today something very fun happened. For a while I have been following a guy on instagram doing these crazy improvements in different events. One week he struggled with 95kg RT 2 weeks after 105kg was no biggie and pulling very amazing weights in everything he set his mind to. But as a sceptic there was so many things that didn't sound just about right so I kept looking at what he did and posting etc and could find some wierd things but nothing conclusive. Then he started with grippers and I could see he struggled with technical issues as the set etc on 2.5 and then he started closing the number 3 with an angle that didn't really look like he got it 100% shut. Then in 2 workouts he closed the #3.5 also with a wierd angle which to me didnt look closed at all, more like 8mm left. He then had a video of where he closes a gripper then it goes out of picture and up comes the 3.5.. again sketchy, really didn't look like the same gripper. Different wear and tear, but again perhaps I'm trying to see something that isn't there. 

Recently he bought the #4, took a picture of it in the package all new and clean etc. On his first real day of training with it, had has 4 attempts that's around 2-3mm from closed. He has a set that is the easiest I have ever seen and slowclosing it from a wide set. This just isn't true, I'm not believing my eyes. He opens the gripper up in a wierd way, the #4 is a hard gripper and when letting it go, it goes. But this one doesn't really pop open. Me and two friends was watching this video, and holy shit. When you zoom in on his brand new gripper the handle which is in his hands is almost black up close to the spring. Looked like soot. Something definitely isn't right with this, and with further inspection the end of the spring looks very very small, almost as its half of the real spring of a #4. During every attempt he is doing his best to hide the spring and where the spring meet the handles, almost like he doesn't want it to show. 

Who even bothers doing all this, to look strong in a community with like 300 guys world wide interested 😂 mind blown. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I just noticed, look at the 3.5 video (not worth it I know), he shows the 3.5 with his left hand then the gripper goes out of frame for a second. When it reappears he is holding it in his right hand and then proceeds to set it in his left 😂 this guy is amazing. 

Well, they are probably a little naive and just want to believe the best in people. 

Naive is the most likely reason. They give people the benefit of the doubt. But going from failing a 2.5 to almost closing a 4 in a few months is UNHEARD of. I dont know anybody who made that kind of progress. Took Holle a year to go from a 3 to a 4 so I would think most people would have called him out but so many just pat him on the back.

• Like 1

So the rolling thunder lifts are not real, the grippers are not real, nothing is real! Maybe the trip to Dubai was not real where I lift some legendary dumbbells first time I touched them and some other first time trying lifts! So what's next? 

• Like 1