My grip adventure

Lennix

2 hours ago, Ricochet said:

🤢Green with envy.

You will get there eventually! :D

8 seconds is my best, the trick is to put the handles back in your hand so you can get around the handle to begin the setting with your leg. 

1 hour ago, Ricochet said:

Aim to! Once I break 60 seconds (Silver Bullet Hold) on both hands with my CoC#2 I'll move up to CoC#3.

What's the reasoning with the long holds? >30 seconds is mostly endurance and not so much motor. 

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

What's the reasoning with the long holds? >30 seconds is mostly endurance and not so much motor. 

Concur. Just wanted a minute hold on the CoC#2 that is all. Simply a time goal to chase after.

1 hour ago, Ricochet said:

Concur. Just wanted a minute hold on the CoC#2 that is all. Simply a time goal to chase after.

I agree with Hopefully, to increase endurance you also need a bigger motor. I noticed this very well since the last competition ran SB. 

I increased my SB on #3 with measly 5-6 seconds with 2 months focus, in hindsight I think I would have gained more with more holds on 3.5/4 mixed in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Maybe the fastest way there is working with the #3

53 minutes ago, Lennix said:

I agree with Hopefully, to increase endurance you also need a bigger motor. I noticed this very well since the last competition ran SB. 

I increased my SB on #3 with measly 5-6 seconds with 2 months focus, in hindsight I think I would have gained more with more holds on 3.5/4 mixed in. 

Thanks for the advice gents. I'll surely mull it over. Cheers.

• Like 1

Bench:
20x20
40x10
60x5
100x3
120x1
135x1
142.5x1
150x0

RT
26x3
46x3
56x3
61x10
61x10
61x20 (10 with left) PR

Pendlay 60x10x3

Platepinch 15x2 rotation 2 laps 

Biceps

Went out of plan with bench, coach not happy about it but 142.5 without ass leaving the pad is nice! 

• Like 1

Pinch:
21x1
26x1
31x1 last with left 
36x1
43.5×0
43.5x0

Hub:
11x3
21x~10 singles different rest between 
26x3 right 1 left also singles. 

First pinch attempt I chunk of magnesium fell of the block. Second I got some air under! 

Hub is hard damn.. 

• Like 2

Bench:

50x5x5 slow 

LTE + flyes 20/5 5×5

RT

Right - 66x10x3 PR RPE 10

Left 66x10x1 55x10x2 RPE 10

Dumbbell row 40x20x2

Hublift shallow plate attempts got a lift with +2 fingers.

Happy that biceps works to row with. Forearms pritty fried from recent workouts so was heavy today. 

• Like 1

Silverbullet:

20!PR and wtf. 12 seconds PR with a bit tilt.

Hub:

10x1

19x1 

19x1 

19x1 

31x1 PR 

Finally över 30kg! Saw on some Instagram video hos to bend in the thumb from the side before straighten the hand. Was just playing with my wife who wanted to test some handles but it felt so good on 19kg I had to try. 

• Like 3

I was just looking at your bench session you did yesterday Thom, it seems a bit different to your format in your other bench training sessions.

Is that a regular thing thing that you do in a particular phase of the program you're following or just a variety day to mix things up a bit?

21 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I was just looking at your bench session you did yesterday Thom, it seems a bit different to your format in your other bench training sessions.

Is that a regular thing thing that you do in a particular phase of the program you're following or just a variety day to mix things up a bit?

It's been the same for the time I've been on this program. I'm going to change workout A today though here is the program: 

A 10x7 started at 90kg, when I managed all 7 sets raise 7.5kg. When i managed all 7 sets, raise 7.5kg to 102.5kg where I'm at right now. done 5 sets as we speak. 

B 3x3 started light at 110x3x3 with stop on the chest, raise 2.5kg every successful workout today is 122.5kg

C 50kgx5x5 as slow as possible no weight increase. 

On workout A I'm going for a heavy single before the 10's now to see where I'm at. Aim is a heavy single but never fail. 

Edited by Lennix

OK that puts it into context, I can see  how the progression is structured a bit better now.

Those slow reps are tough but they definitely have some benefit. They hit the slow twitch fibers and tax them to the max. Fast reps also have their place depending on what part of the cycle you're in.

Thanks for the insight bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raymond said:

OK that puts it into context, I can see  how the progression is structured a bit better now.

Those slow reps are tough but they definitely have some benefit. They hit the slow twitch fibers and tax them to the max. Fast reps also have their place depending on what part of the cycle you're in.

Thanks for the insight bro.

All the other sets would be done with max speed :D

Always fun talking about these stuff, your more then welcome to ask anything! How are you planning to proceed with your dmged hand? 

• Like 1

Bench:

20x20
40x5
60x5
100x2
115x1
125x1
132.5x1
140x1 with stop PR 
102.5x10
102.5x10
102.5x10

RT
36x3
51x2
66x10
66x10
66x10

Some playing with 15x2 pinch and 20kg shallow hublift attempts 

Lat pulldown 

10x3 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lennix said:

All the other sets would be done with max speed :D

Always fun talking about these stuff, your more then welcome to ask anything! How are you planning to proceed with your dmged hand? 

Sorry for the slow reply I've had a hectic day.

It's just one finger that's giving me trouble.It's a bit painful but it seems OK most of the time unless put a load on it on an angle (like when you set a gripper). So I'll probably just focus on fatbar & rolling handle work.

I like talking about training methods too, you're never too old to learn something new. I always tell my kids if you don't ask you're just guessing and I try to live by that ethos, so sometimes I ask a lot of silly questions but I always get good answers.

Edited by Raymond

Just now, Raymond said:

Sorry for the slow reply I've had a hectic day.

It's just one finger that giving me trouble.It's a bit painful but it seems OK most of the time unless put a load on it on an angle (like when you set a gripper). So I'll probably just focus on fatbar & rolling handle work.

I like talking about training methods too, you're never too old to learn something new. I always tell my kids if you don't ask you're just guessing and I try to live by that ethos, so sometimes I ask a lot of silly questions but I always get good answers.

You could also get a pipe as leverage to set the gripper properly :) 

But yea, fatbar and rolling handle work is great. I really feel stronger since I've put most of my focus on the RT. 

If you never ask you will never know! I agree fully. 

• Like 1

Benchpress:
20x10
60x5
100x3
110x2
122.5x3
122.5x3
122.5x3 PR

Rolling thunder
26x3
46x2
RH: 67.25x10x3 PR
LH 67.25×7 66×7 66×6

Deadlift:
100x3
140x3
180x3
180x3
180x3
200x3
200x3

Biceps

RT: left was crap, will do 66x10x3 next workout and keep 67.25x10 on right. 

Deadlift: crap xd 

• Like 1

After my 20 second SB hold I got a few technique questions so made 2 videos for it + did some training. 

Silverbullet 

#1.5 few seconds doe video 

#3.5 20 seconds 

#4 19 seconds 

Pennylift 5kgx7 

Happy my time last workout with #4 wasn't a fluke. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah, so you completely close the gripper then slowly open before inserting the bullet. I need to try this method as I have been approaching from the oppossite direction... via setting the gripper at near parallel then inserting the bullet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Ah, so you completely close the gripper then slowly open before inserting the bullet. I need to try this method as I have been approaching from the oppossite direction... via setting the gripper at near parallel then inserting the bullet.

That way you stretch the skin more and get some extra help + you can reach over and use your thumb on your fingers to lock the grip!

• Like 1

Yoke:
70x10x2 
150x10x2
210x10x2
300x10x2 @10

Benchpress:
20x15
50x5x5 slow 
LTE + flyes 20/7 5x5 slow 

RT
Rh 67x10x3
Lh 66x10x3

Ulnar deviation + radial deviation
Biceps

RT was really really hard definitely max. Dont know how to proceed but I guess I'll keep going for now. 

something said snap around my collarbone when I put the yoke down the last run. Hurts to carry stuff when i loose tension. Hope it's nothing to bad. 

• Like 1

Grippers: 

#1.5 10 mms

#2 10 mms

#2.5 1 mms 

#3 1 mms (4mm fail on left) 

RH #3 CCS 1 0 0 + 1 mms 

LH 2.5mm 1 1 1 

#1.5 10 

IM hub 20x5 and 30x0 

Home made pennypinch 

5x5 

10x5 

Tried a different technique with the handle further back in my hand. Technique was not on point but very happy with my strength. The two misses were 2mm away and would have been closes with better technique. 

• Like 2

Grippers:
#1.5 5
#2 2
R: #3 1 1 3 1
L: #3 0 0 0 0 (2-3mm away all attempts) 
#2 2 2
#1.5 3 3 3

Pinch 75mm blockbuster
20×5

R: 30x5x8 + 41x1 41x1 
V 30x (5 5 3 2 2 3 3 3 3)

Grippers:

Gripper felt hard when doing over 20mm closes, the 3 was with 10-15mm which felt nice. Left is also feeling decent. Left wrist very cranky afterwards. 

Pinch: 

Happy with all the lifts. Tore of a chunk of flesh in the right thumb crease but only scar tissue so no bleeding. 

IM LBH
44x3
54x3 
54x3 
59x3 
64x3 
69x3 
71.5x3 
76.5x3/2
81.5×2 
RH 86.5x1 PR 

Biceps/wrist