115x3
145x1
165x1
165x1

"Dumbbell from hell" 
72x1
72x1
72x1

Plate pinch 5x5kg 3 lifts with left and 2 with right. Go and vote on judging forum! :D

axle: new gym, new axle. Good thing to know that I didnt fail on the competition because nerves/wrong technique. I'm just weak :D The precious 2 axles I've trained with has been too easy. 165kg was max for me (sure I'm a bit roughed up) but still. Happy to have an axle which replicates ironmind axle more. 

dumbbell: 72kg dumbbell, closest thing to an inch I've played with :D

• Like 1

Noname gripper 50x2 

#1.5 10 

Hub: 

11x10

21x3 

21x3

21x3

21x3

21x3 

31×0 (didnt even move xd) 

5x10x3 biceps rehab 

Found a key in the hub pinch, lean forward and lock shoulder.

Grippers:

New warmup: hot water for a few minutes and then noname gripper. The water also make the magnesium really good! 

Right - #1.5×3 #2×3 #2.5x1

#3 1 0(2mm ccs) 2 1 

#2.5 10 

Left - #1.5×3 #2×3 

#2.5 1 1 1 1  

Rolling handle 

30x10 

65x1 65x1 75x0 75x0 65x1 

LBH 

65x1 65x1 75x0 

Did grippers and then played some with my 60mm rolling handle (from Anton Sidèn) and LBH. I haven't done much rolling handle, I guess I'll try to fit that with every else.... I dont know how to structure my training, atm I'm training almost everyday and different things all the time (hub, lbh, grippers, axle, blockpinch, frameholds, fingercurls, doh deadlifts etc) 

I still have problems with my right arm with bot elbow tendinitis (some bursa acting up) and also bicepa issue(almost gone now though!) The elbow does not like grippers but works with the rest, but I want to get back to when grippers is fun and I'm improving so I can get that cert. 

4 minutes ago, Lennix said:

I still have problems with my right arm with bot elbow tendinitis (some bursa acting up) and also bicepa issue(almost gone now though!) The elbow does not like grippers but works with the rest, but I want to get back to when grippers is fun and I'm improving so I can get that cert.

Can't recommend band finger extensions enough... Ironmind Expand-Your-Hands Bands or simply heavy duty rubber bands. Lots of daily reps. Finger extensions completely alleviated me of some really nasty tendinitis that I had been battling with for a long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricochet said:

Can't recommend band finger extensions enough... Ironmind Expand-Your-Hands Bands or simply heavy duty rubber bands. Lots of daily reps. Finger extensions completely alleviated me of some really nasty tendinitis that I had been battling with for a long time.

Yea I've got rubberbands all over the place but I for sure need to use them more regularly! 

15 hours ago, Lennix said:

I dont know how to structure my training, atm I'm training almost everyday and different things all the time (hub, lbh, grippers, axle, blockpinch, frameholds, fingercurls, doh deadlifts etc) 

Okay, so I think I have a plan. (as almost always I wont stick to it, but ill try) 

Here are some numbers I'm thinking could be some kind of baseline where I should be in key areas. 

Blockpinch 40kg 

Im hub 30kg 

Axle 175kg (on the hard axle, 190 on the easy) 

RT 90kg (on the RT and I think 80 on mine at home) Need to max them out so I know the exact numbers. 

I think Pinch/RT/Axle are the most important partly because it will give me a well rounded grip and increase my strength overall. But also that it's often used in competitions. 

If I'm strong at those 3 I have a solid base to stand on and can specialize before events. My new idea is to do RT 2x/week and axle 1 time/week. 65-75% of 1RM 10x3-5 on RT. On Axle I'm not really sure what the best strategy is, I see @AdamTGlass doing singles for volume. Perhaps I could do singels up to 85-90% of 1RM and do 4-5 singels and when I manage to do 5 singles move up in weight 2.5-5kg and push my baseline that way. I will try to get atleast 1 pinch workout/week. I'm thinking volume around 85%.  Grippers and certifying on the #3 will have to wait until I'm stronger overall.

I'm only focusing on my bench atm in powerlifting. Just trying to get some squat/deads in when I feel for it. Squat is really off atm. Technique is bad and strength is poor. I'm not to worried about it though. I'll focus on bench only until this program is over and see if I reach 150. Doesn't feel like it atm. 

• Like 1

I reckon you'll be good for 150 on the bench soon Thom.

I've noticed you're doing a lot of volume in your warmup phase when you hit the bench. I don't know if you've got any issues that need that sort of warmup before you can start pushing hard but that seems like a lot of volume outside of an effective % of your 1RM compared to your other lifts. It must take quite a bit of time to work through all that each time you hit the bench.

High volume work in the early phases of a cycle is fine but as you get more advanced too much volume becomes a double edged sword, even if it does feel easy. If you do too much volume before you start lifting heavy your ATP replenishment capability diminishes and when you get to the sets of 5 and 3 at the end of the end of workout (your main working sets) your ATP cycle is working double time to meet the demands you're asking of it. I'd be tempted to trim the bench workout down (in the warmup) to take full advantage of the ATP cycle and get your working sets in while it's still at max efficiency.

Get warm, go hard and get out. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I reckon you'll be good for 150 on the bench soon Thom.

I've noticed you're doing a lot of volume in your warmup phase when you hit the bench. I don't know if you've got any issues that need that sort of warmup before you can start pushing hard but that seems like a lot of volume outside of an effective % of your 1RM compared to your other lifts. It must take quite a bit of time to work through all that each time you hit the bench.

High volume work in the early phases of a cycle is fine but as you get more advanced too much volume becomes a double edged sword, even if it does feel easy. If you do too much volume before you start lifting heavy your ATP replenishment capability diminishes and when you get to the sets of 5 and 3 at the end of the end of workout (your main working sets) your ATP cycle is working double time to meet the demands you're asking of it. I'd be tempted to trim the bench workout down (in the warmup) to take full advantage of the ATP cycle and get your working sets in while it's still at max efficiency.

Get warm, go hard and get out. 

I dont know anything about ATP, but ive been working out following Boris Sheiko and other "well known" program such as Madcow/stronglift and they all follow some kind of pyramid up to the working load at 60-70% of 1 RM warmup is everything below 60% they prepare CNS and get your body ready for the workload. My volume is very low with the training I'm doing atm. For big benchers in Sweden (Andreas Henning, Josef Eriksson, Eddie berglund,Alexander Eriksson to say a few) it's not unusual to be around 10 tons/ workout. So I'm not anywhere near max capacity volumewise before diminish return. But thanks for your input! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I was in two minds about posting that Thom. I thought you may have been following a program .So my advice might have been a bit different from what you've read. My background was  coaching specifically for track cyclists and possibly a bit outdated, so maybe my take on things is a bit out of touch for powerlifting.

I'm not suggesting you should ditch the program you're on. It's just that you seem to be including a bit more accessory work than a standard power lifter normally does and I thought it may help you fit everything in and save a bit of time and energy for some of the other lifts. Take what I said with a grain of salt.

All the best mate, I still think you'll be good for 150 soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Yeah, I was in two minds about posting that Thom. I thought you may have been following a program .So my advice might have been a bit different from what you've read. My background was  coaching specifically for track cyclists and possibly a bit outdated, so maybe my take on things is a bit out of touch for powerlifting.

I'm not suggesting you should ditch the program you're on. It's just that you seem to be including a bit more accessory work than a standard power lifter normally does and I thought it may help you fit everything in and save a bit of time and energy for some of the other lifts. Take what I said with a grain of salt.

All the best mate, I still think you'll be good for 150 soon.

I welcome and I'm thankful for your thoughts and ideas! Keep them coming :D But I think perhaps they might be outdated today its alot about volume (before deload and then peaking block) atm I'm doing something else then this, linear program. Take today as example, my work is 95x10x7 and before I do 20x20 40x10 60x5 80x3 those sets before is not taxing at all. 80kg is ~55% of 1rm

• Like 2

Bench:
20x20
40x10
60x5
80x3
95x10
95x10
95x10
95x10
95x10
95x10
95x10@13

Rolling thunder:
26x10
46x10
56x10
56x10
51x10
51x10

90kg slamball over shoulder! 

finally managed 10x7 on bench, time to add 7.5kg and start over :D

it felt like my forearms were about to explode on the RT. This is much needed work! Loved it. I'll pratt next time with 51x10x3 since 56 was to much. 

• Like 2

Rolling handle 60mm (at home handle) 

21x10

31x10

46x10x5 

Bicepscurls rehab 

Home handle feels about 5-6kg heavier then the rolling thunder at the gym. 

• Like 1

Bench:

20x20
40x10
60x3
80x3
100x3
117.5x3 stop
117.5x3 stop
117.5x3 stop

Squat:
20x5
60x5
100x5
140x5
160x5
180x5

Fatgripz
60x2 all sets 1 sumo and 1 conventional 
100x1
120x1
140x1
150x1 sumo PR

155x0

RT both hands
56x1
66x1
76x1
83.5x1 PR
86x1 PR

Biceps

So I've been doing RT with volume for 3 days in a row and then PR with fatgripz + RT. Happy with that. 

• Like 1

Bench:

50x5x5 slow 

Lte + flyes 

5x5 slow 

RT

46x3

66x1

86x1 

88.5x1 (RH) PR 

Fgx 

100x1

120x0

120x0

120x0

120x1 lol 

Tried snatchgrip but was fried no good attempts. 

Thumbless Rolling handle toprolls in cc

10x5 

Biceps rehab 

• Like 1

Thom that’s a good RT lift 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Thom that’s a good RT lift 👍👍👍

Is it really? I see everyone pulling 100-120kg and I'm like fk I cant even pull 90kg.. 

It's not that I have trained for it anyway (until now) so cant complain about any number! 

Thanks! 

Blockbuster pinch: 

26x10

31x8 PR (5LH)

36x1 

36×1

36×1

36×1 

Hub: 

20x1 

26x1 (LH)

26x1 (LH) 

So right hand was tired from the pinch and left was not. 

Second time with my new block, like it alot! Was hoping for more on the 36kg but the 31 amrap apparently made me to tired. 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lennix said:

Is it really? I see everyone pulling 100-120kg and I'm like fk I cant even pull 90kg.. 

When say “everyone” you really mean like less than 25-30 competitors world wide. For example look at season rankings for Armlifting USA—- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRelihrSAu_mftNwH5HktX5fgJ_n8OZ-gxwbWBMoypxYE1X8vG9GkIgmjh1-bYFuvK8Ci70mweKcvY1/pubhtml

95% of the posters here for example are not lifting 100+ kg on a new legal spec RT.

Of competing lifters who train their butts off very few. If you’re comparing yourself to the top guys who have lifted for years (being so new to the sport) it maybe a painful first few years. 

For a first year trainee to grip you are making fantastic numbers and I think you will continue to improve- respect how hard a 100 kg lift is. You’ll get there but perhaps not as fast as you would predict. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

When say “everyone” you really mean like less than 25-30 competitors world wide. For example look at season rankings for Armlifting USA—- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRelihrSAu_mftNwH5HktX5fgJ_n8OZ-gxwbWBMoypxYE1X8vG9GkIgmjh1-bYFuvK8Ci70mweKcvY1/pubhtml

95% of the posters here for example are not lifting 100+ kg on a new legal spec RT.

Of competing lifters who train their butts off very few. If you’re comparing yourself to the top guys who have lifted for years (being so new to the sport) it maybe a painful first few years. 

For a first year trainee to grip you are making fantastic numbers and I think you will continue to improve- respect how hard a 100 kg lift is. You’ll get there but perhaps not as fast as you would predict. 

Thanks for the link. Made me see things from a different clearer view then instagram. 100kg is a good number to strive for it seems and I still think 90kg is a good base level. I'm not in a rush to improve but i thought my RT was far behind as I got slapped in the face with me only doing 165kg with a straight axle. 

Thanks Adam!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Thanks for the link. Made me see things from a different clearer view then instagram. 100kg is a good number to strive for it seems and I still think 90kg is a good base level. I'm not in a rush to improve but i thought my RT was far behind as I got slapped in the face with me only doing 165kg with a straight axle. 

Thanks Adam!

That’s why I like you Thom, you got a great attitude 👍👍

instagram is a highlight reel - ya never know how many misses they had before pulling it. What you can do in a gym on your time may not translate to a meet success. I’ve heard a lot of coaches comment Insta is ruining fitness and I tend to agree to a point. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

That’s why I like you Thom, you got a great attitude 👍👍

instagram is a highlight reel - ya never know how many misses they had before pulling it. What you can do in a gym on your time may not translate to a meet success. I’ve heard a lot of coaches comment Insta is ruining fitness and I tend to agree to a point. 

👊

Yea, it started with yves 100kg lift then Sweden's strongest man pulled 110kg and today swedens third strongest pulled 120kg. I was like, man I got work to do xD 

I find instagram inspiring, it was the same for powerlifting. I was at 120kg squat and I saw people playing with 220kg. If they can do it so can I. I know I've got the genes it's all about the work! 

• Like 1

Bench:
20x15
40x10
60x3
80x3
90x2
102.5x10
102.5x10
102.5x10
102.5x10
102.5x9

Axle:
70x1
110x1
130x1
130x1
130x1
140x1@10
140x1@10

Pendlay with axle:
60x10
100x5

Lat pulldown:
10x3

bench: 17 September my 10 rm serie looked like this(10 10 10 8 7 8 😎 so alot of improvement! 

axle: so my apollons was to easy before with tires and it being abit crooked where you put the weights. So I removed the tires and put the bar so the crooked part was pointing towards me which forced the bar to roll even heavier on my thumb. 140kg was max! Happy with that! 

• Like 2

Bench:
20x20
40x10
60x3
80x3
100x3
115x1
120x3 ms
120x3
120x3@9.5 PR

Squat:
60x5
100x5
130x3
170x3
170x5
190x5

Rolling thunder
26x5
46x5
56x10
56x10
56x20 PR 

Bench: ive only done 120x3x3 twice before without stop so this is pr. 

RT: started Laine's 6 weeks 3 days/week 10x3

Forearms exploding after 56x20, happy to get it with both hands. 

• Like 3

Blockbuster:
21x3
30x2
36x5 PR (1 left)
41x1 (0) 

LBH
41x3
53x2
65x1
79x1

#4 SB
4 0

I though I would be weak today since the RT volume yesterday but felt strong so played abit at home. Very happy with 36x5 pinch and also that I managed 4 seconds SB with #4. 

• Like 1