115x5
135x3
155x2
135x2
115x3
75x3

Gripper holds med #2 och #3

Biceps/triceps rehab.

So decided to try axle, works fine but on heavy lifts when the axle starts to roll down it hurts abit and I'm weaker. If I widen the length between hands I get more pressure on index finger and less on my pinky but also loose some kgs 

• Like 1

Give that hand time to heal. Does this look like a tendon injury with this loss of strength and persistent pain? 

If you think yes, give your body the time it will need to correctly heal up. It’s disappointingly slow process but better than growing in to more complex trauma. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Give that hand time to heal. Does this look like a tendon injury with this loss of strength and persistent pain? 

If you think yes, give your body the time it will need to correctly heal up. It’s disappointingly slow process but better than growing in to more complex trauma. 

Well, it didnt hurt but I could feel on my second rep on 155 that I shouldn't go any higher/do more reps because that would be risky(that's what I mean being weaker). I can do platepinch and lift kettlebells without it hurting/being weaker. I cant close grippers with it tho, it's just the last bit when I close my hand that it hurts. So I wont do that. 

So I can train around it with ease :)

Do you think that's taking precaution enough or fully rest? 

Bench:
20x10
40x10
60x8
80x3
100x2
120x2
130x1
140x1
150x0

Deadlift: 
60x8
100x3
140x3
180x3 doh  last set 
190x10 PB

Pendlay
95x10
95x10
50x10 slow

Silverbullet:
#3.5 10 seconds PR 
#3 27 seconds 

Family and I had nothing to do so asked if they wanted to join me to the gym for a bonus workout and they said yes! Got retarded when the 190kg deadlift was so easy and did 10. Finger wasn't to pleased so stopped there. Happy with PR on SB with ~10 seconds. 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 3

Strong lifting today Thom💪💪

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Strong lifting today Thom💪💪

Thanks Adam! 

Pinch 80mm block 

10x10 

15x10

20x10

25x5 (left 3) 

30x5 (2) PR

37.5x1.5 PR

40.4x1 PR

Coc#4 SB

0 - 8! Pr with 5 seconds 

#3.5

7 - 14 PR 

Great workout, got my block really chalked up nice with some spit and heavy rubbing. Really happy with the numbers, its 40.4kg with loadingpin but without the block so the real weight should be 40.8kg. 1 month ago i couldn't do 32kg.. 

Slight tilt on the SB so not competition style but still super stoked with 8 seconds. I can improve my technique with some small adjustments to my setting. Further down in the hand and better use of leg to close it will give me a few more seconds. 

• Like 1

Bench:

20x15
60x5
70x5
90x10
90x10
90x10
90x8
90x7
90x8
90x8

Squat
90x5
130x5
130x5
150x1 3 sec paus
170x1 2 
190x1 2 
200x1 1 

Axle
50x3
90x3
130x1
130x1
150x1
150x1
160x1
160x1

Platepinch 20x2 1 

No pain from the finger as long as I hold the bar firmly and don't let it roll out too much. Almost had 2 reps on the plate pinch. Tried some 15kg hublift but was impossible xD 

• Like 2

Silverbullet: 

39 seconds PR

37 klickreps with #1.5 then I thought my arm literally would explode 

I had a small blister from last SB in the middle of the hand which the skin tore of from now. Its healed underneath but not completely, I'm not sure how to treat it the best way possible.. moisture? It's to bad that the competition in 2.5 weeks doesnt allow higher gripper then #3 the endurance is killing me xD 

10 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Layer of those fake skin products? Possibly not allowed maybe..

I think it makes sense having the same gripper for everyone. It is a test of endurance after all. 

No worries it's not that bad :)

It's not wrong at all, it would just favor me more if I could use #3.5 :) Also I don't like holding it for so long, its really painful! 

Bench:

20x10
40x10
60x8
80x10
80x10
80x10
80x10
80x10
80x10
80x10

Deadlift:
60x5
100x3
140x3
180x3
180x3

Pinch 80mm:
6x3
15x5
21x5
26x5
31x1
36x1
41x1 PR
26x5

Fatgripz 
100x1
140x1
150x0

curls/levering/belly/kettlebell pinch/2 handpinch 

bench: volume again since I started to heavy. Beat up. 

Deadlift: ate around 3k kcal to lunch so almost puked. Took of belt but my finger didnt like it either so stopped. 

pinch: got it chalked up really nice and a new PR in the bag. 

• Like 2

Axle:
115x3
155x1
155x0
155x2
165x1
165x0
155x1
135x1 hold to fail 
75x1 hold to fail 
75x3 new technique 
125x9 test new technique 

Bench:
20x15
40x10
60x5
80x3
100x3
110x3 with stop 
110x3 s
110x3 s

Kettlebell pinch deadlift 16kg + weights 
19x1
19x1
20x1

Biceps/triceps/wrist/fingers

okay so axle didnt to so good, but no problems with the finger was just scared to hurt it. When holding the 75kg axle I tried some things and found a new technique. I twist my arms abit so my elbow crease is pointing forward much more, putting alot more pressure on my thumbs instead of pinkie! My finger feels good now but weak, will start working it out with squeezing balls and fingercurls! 

KB pinch was fun to increase weight but not size of the bell. Felt strong. 

• Like 3

Squat
20x5
60x5
100x5 last with SB
140x5
160x5
180x5
200x3 Paus PR

Bench:
20x10
40x5
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x5

LTE + flyes 20kg / 7kg
5x5

Kettlebell pinch deadlift
21kgx0 right
21x1 left PR
21x1 left

SB 30 sec 

• Like 2

I had the urge to squeeze some grippers last night. It didn't go to well, I also felt weak. 

#3 2 attempts on CCS both with 1mm left

#3 3 short rom reps, not sure if last was closed fully. 

But there was something positive from the workout! 

I used my left for the first time since the pinkie injurie first did like 30 reps with no name 1 dollar gripper without pain. And ended with doing like 10 mms reps and a couple of CCS closes with the #1.5 without to much pain.  

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Isnt it time to lower volume soon and start doing just a few heavy singles for the comp? Or What's the plan? 

Yea that's the plan! I'm not sure exactly what to do this week gripwise. I'm going to workout Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week and then my last grip workout will be next monday where I simulate competition (Axle - Pinch - SB - Medley) So my forearms/hands will get 4 full days of rest while I only do some benching. 

I think I'll do Axle next workout so it's furthest away from competition and only a few singels, perhaps push myself towards 170 without destroying my finger. Silverbullet on Thursday (think I'll go for #3.5 and 2 sets to get the last horsepower and Pinch on Saturday since I feel that's the least taxing before my pre comp comp. The only thing bothering me is that my "pre comp comp" says nothing since I dont have IM Apollons/IM Block hence I wont know where I am on the official equipment. But the good thing is that I get a feeling how how tired I will be after each event. 

Any thoughts? 

5 hours ago, Lennix said:

Yea that's the plan! I'm not sure exactly what to do this week gripwise. I'm going to workout Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week and then my last grip workout will be next monday where I simulate competition (Axle - Pinch - SB - Medley) So my forearms/hands will get 4 full days of rest while I only do some benching. 

I think I'll do Axle next workout so it's furthest away from competition and only a few singels, perhaps push myself towards 170 without destroying my finger. Silverbullet on Thursday (think I'll go for #3.5 and 2 sets to get the last horsepower and Pinch on Saturday since I feel that's the least taxing before my pre comp comp. The only thing bothering me is that my "pre comp comp" says nothing since I dont have IM Apollons/IM Block hence I wont know where I am on the official equipment. But the good thing is that I get a feeling how how tired I will be after each event. 

Any thoughts? 

OK, so if I'm reading this right if you do your next axle session on Tuesday will you be going a full 10 days without an axle lift before the comp?

I don't know how your finger injury is going but 10 days without training a specific lift fbefore a comp is normally a bit long. Normally you'd want one session where you push reasonably hard without going all out in the last 5 days or so before a comp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raymond said:

OK, so if I'm reading this right if you do your next axle session on Tuesday will you be going a full 10 days without an axle lift before the comp?

I don't know how your finger injury is going but 10 days without training a specific lift fbefore a comp is normally a bit long. Normally you'd want one session where you push reasonably hard without going all out in the last 5 days or so before a comp.

Yea, you got that abit wrong! Tomorrow will be my last training day on the axle but as I stated in the first part that I will do a competition day next Monday 5 days away from competition where I do all the lifts in correct order. 

Yea, finger is not good but working! The only thing that can be a problem is with the Axle, doing kettlebell lifts/pinching etc is no problem. I wont be able to do 180kg axle for sure tho (and that's what I pulled with ease the first time I tried it. Good thing is that on the competition I can do as many pulls as I like on the axel! That way I can start on 130kg and get a feel for the equipment and loose some stress. 

• Like 1

That sounds like a good plan then Thom.

I wasn't trying to suggest that 5 days of no training was ideal either, that's just getting close to the longest you want to have between your last session and  the comp. A young guy like you could even train reasonably hard 3 days before a comp and turn out well. Just don't go for any PR's in the last session and finish a bit fresher than normal.

I'm sure you will do well Thom

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raymond said:

That sounds like a good plan then Thom.

I wasn't trying to suggest that 5 days of no training was ideal either, that's just getting close to the longest you want to have between your last session and  the comp. A young guy like you could even train reasonably hard 3 days before a comp and turn out well. Just don't go for any PR's in the last session and finish a bit fresher than normal.

I'm sure you will do well Thom

Thanks for the input Raymond, all thoughts are welcome and I appreciate it :D

It's only 4 days of rest so I think it will be fine! I have young kids and good sleep is rare so I think it'll do me good + minor injuries will be really with it :)

Thanks again! 

• Like 1

Axle:
75x3
105x3
145x1
155x1
165x1
175x1
175x1.9
175x1
175x1 2 sec hold
145x10 PR

Bench:
20x10
60x5
87.5x10
87.5x10
87.5x10
87.5x10
87.5x10
87.5x10
87.5x10@9.5

Axle felt alright! Think I would have had 180-185. I stretched my pinkie earlier today and stretching it backwards felt really good, made alot of the wierd feelings in it go away. 

• Like 2

Bench:
20x10
40x10
60x5
80x5
100x3
112.5x3 
112.5x3
112.5x3 

Squat:  
60x5
100x5
140x5
160x3 stop 
180x3 stop 
180x1 3 seconds stop 

Silverbullet 
35 27 27 

Kettlebell pinch deadlift 22x1 left 

• Like 3

Lately I've seen so many videos of wrist workouts. Platecurls/wristplatecurls and I'm absolutely mind blown over how strong people are. I can't do anything with my wrist I feel like.. I can hardly platecurl 10kgs (well, can hardly curl anything with my right because of some tendonitis in my biceps tendon) but still, can't do it with my left either. So I'm figuring I need to start working on my wrist strength.. Not sure how to begin though.. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lennix said:

Lately I've seen so many videos of wrist workouts. Platecurls/wristplatecurls and I'm absolutely mind blown over how strong people are. I can't do anything with my wrist I feel like.. I can hardly platecurl 10kgs (well, can hardly curl anything with my right because of some tendonitis in my biceps tendon) but still, can't do it with my left either. So I'm figuring I need to start working on my wrist strength.. Not sure how to begin though.. 

Just start slow and don't go too heavy. Good thing is to train the wrists in a circuit sort of bodybuilders would do with superset and trisets. There's six different ways you can work, so doing them all in a circuit will save you a lot of time and it will also force you to use appropriate weights to start with.

You can also start with a wrist roller, howerver, if you do that you also need to train pronation, ulnar and radial deviation of some sort.

13 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just start slow and don't go too heavy. Good thing is to train the wrists in a circuit sort of bodybuilders would do with superset and trisets. There's six different ways you can work, so doing them all in a circuit will save you a lot of time and it will also force you to use appropriate weights to start with.

You can also start with a wrist roller, howerver, if you do that you also need to train pronation, ulnar and radial deviation of some sort.

Which lifts will improve of this work except wristexercises?  Which exercises do you recommend in a circuit?

Also! Please answer my PM about shipping costs from Cannon ;) 

Edited by Lennix

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

Which lifts will improve of this work except wristexercises?  Which exercises do you recommend in a circuit?

Also! Please answer my PM about shipping costs from Cannon ;) 

Do exercises which suits you the best. It's about training the muscles and tendons, it's not about specializing in a certain event.

certification fee is 40$ for international. The rest depends entirely on you.

• Like 1