My grip adventure

Lennix

2 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Yea i dont know, I think i need some time with the implement to figure out how it works ^^ 75kg on the old handle which is easier then the new -.- 

But only after the comp. RT will not do anything but harm you for the comp :) Unless they have several rolling handle lifts in the medley.

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

But only after the comp. RT will not do anything but harm you for the comp :) Unless they have several rolling handle lifts in the medley.

Yea I wont train on it before swedish grip open, if they have it on the medley so be it ^^ 

My new plan is to do Axle once/week and pinch and SB 2 times. 

Bench
60x8
100x3
120x1
130x1
140x1
150x0 

Pendlay 
60x5
80x5
80x5
80x5
80x5
80x5

Pinch 80mm 
11x5
16x3
26x1
31x1 
36x1
41x0 
26x10
26x8 

Biceps rehab/shoulder prehab 

Was stupid and went for 150 xD now impingement feelings in my right shoulder. Hopefully its not to bad! Pinch went ok but not great 41 just hovered above ground. 
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raymond said:

That's no good mate. Did you feel any pops or clicks when it happened or was it just a missed lift where you struggled to push it up?

Nah it's no worries. It came after, I know on my warmup there was a lift on 100kg that my shoulder felt wierd I think thats what made it irritated. Let some blood in with hanging and some shoulderpresses with light dumbbell and I hardly feel it now :)

• Like 2

Squats: 

20x5

60x5

100x5

140x5

180x3

180x3

180x3

180x3

180x3

Bench:

20x10

40x10

60x5

80x5

100x5

110x5

110x5

110x5

Atlasstone 

100x5 

Farmerswalk; 

110kg 4 laps

Comments: Was feeling really weak in the beginning.(actually fell asleep in my office chair for 5 minutes 30 min before the workout)  I'm really worn down from training so took it abit easier today. No problems with shoulder in bench. 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lennix said:

Comments: Was feeling really weak in the beginning.(actually fell asleep in my office chair for 5 minutes 30 min before the workout)  I'm really worn down from training so took it abit easier today. No problems with shoulder in bench.

It's always wise to back off a bit when you feel like that.

Do you keep track of your resting heart rate @Lennix? It can serve as an early warning system to manage fatigue. Keeping a log of your vales taken when you first wake up and before you get out of bed can be really valuable after you've done it for a while.

For the average back yard lifter it's not that important but you're getting into the elite level with most of the work you're doing, it may be of some benefit for you.

Edited by Raymond
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Raymond said:

It's always wise to back off a bit when you feel like that.

Do you keep track of your resting heart rate @Lennix? It can serve as an early warning system to manage fatigue. Keeping a log of your vales taken when you first wake up and before you get out of bed can be really valuable after you've done it for a while.

For the average back yard lifter it's not that important but you're getting into the elite level with most of the work you're doing, it may be of some benefit for you.

Definitely! Although 180x3x5 would have been a hard set only 2 months ago. I'm eager to see if my rep-pbs is actually an increase in strength or if I only used more off my potential in squats. Would love to get 240 for the even number xD 

I used to keep track of my resting heart rate (or well, resting at work with coffein in my system) I use to be around 52bpm. The problem with taking it in the morning is that I have 2 kids (1 is 3 yo and the other one 9 months) so most nights I sleep very bad and I dont wake up at the same time in the morning. So can't get any liable numbers from it. I use it to track if I'm to sick to workout. But I know my body well from doing Sheiko's 12 week programs 3 times over. It's super obvious when I'm "down in the basement" and when I'm feeling fresh. Atm i would say I'm halfway down the basement. 

I wouldn't call my volume/weights anywhere near elite, I'm still in the average category :d But thanks for the compliment! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I wonder what grip enthusiasts think about your axle lifts not being elite.. :3 

Haha, my axle is elite :D But i figured Raymond was talking about my powerlifting. Axle is only taxing my forearms, the lifts are easy for my legs/back! 

I know where you're coming from with the lack of sleep, my first two were twins and they conspired against us so that one was always awake and we forgot what sleep was for the first few years. So as you say the resting heart rate probably wouldn't be very reliable while you've got all that going on.

As for not being elite, the numbers you are pulling on the deadlift and the squat would put you at the top end of the master class or entry level elite class by most standards.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raymond said:

I know where you're coming from with the lack of sleep, my first two were twins and they conspired against us so that one was always awake and we forgot what sleep was for the first few years. So as you say the resting heart rate probably wouldn't be very reliable while you've got all that going on.

As for not being elite, the numbers you are pulling on the deadlift and the squat would put you at the top end of the master class or entry level elite class by most standards.

Haha, such a lovely time! 

Well in Sweden to qualify to the Swedish Championships in weight class -120 I would need a total of 735kg. 735kg which been done on competition with judges etc xD 

So I'm 70kg (more like 80-100kg) from that. So I wouldn't say elite! In time i hope to get there, i've only done powerlifting for 3 years and I'm only 27 so! 

OK I see it's a bit different over here. We have A,B,C,&D grades and then Elite and Elite2

A grade is 635, Elite 2 is 710 & Elite is 750. Some of the old timers(like me) call A grade the Masters grade.

Only 3 years of training at 27 YO makes your lifts more impressive, the top guys are generally in their 30's with at least 6 years of training behind them.

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

OK I see it's a bit different over here. We have A,B,C,&D grades and then Elite and Elite2

A grade is 635, Elite 2 is 710 & Elite is 750. Some of the old timers(like me) call A grade the Masters grade.

Only 3 years of training at 27 YO makes your lifts more impressive, the top guys are generally in their 30's with at least 6 years of training behind them.

2 of our best lifters in Sweden is Emil Norling -105kg 23 yo and have a total on 862.5kg and Gustav Hedlund -93kg 24 yo  with a total of 842.5kg 

Junior and first year of senior lifting :d In the heavier weight classes there's actually not better people then that. SC gold medal in -120 was 825.5kg total (29 yo) and in +120 there was just 1 guy attending and got 780 in total. So i guess if I could qualify for +120 class I would be second best in Sweden in that weight class. There's also a way around the 735kg total qualifying rule. If I attend a competition and get the (14th? i think) best result in the +120 class during the year I get a spot ;) 

• Like 1

Benchpress: 

20x10

40x10

60x3

80x3

100x3

120x2

130x1

140x1

150x0

150x0 closes attempt so far 

Axle doh 

75x1

115x1

155x1

185x0 

185x0

155x4

155x3

115x3 monkey 

Yoke liftup 

430kg x5 seconds 

Loggpress 

60x5x5

Closes bench attempt so far! Got liftoff but failed the first attempt cuz I didnt know how to use it properly. If I would have gone 140-145-150 I'm sure I would have got it. 430kg on the back is heavy af 

• Like 2

Squat:
20x5
60x5
100x5
140x3
170x3
190x2
210x1
230x1
240x1@9.5 PB

Benchpress:
20x10
60x8
80x3
100x3
120x2
130x2
140x1
145x1@10 

Coc#3 SB
37 Seconds PB

Loading 20m 125kg 
Rehab biceps/triceps 
Hanging leglifts 3x8 

Really happy with squat pb with more in the tank! Definitely had 5kg more.

• Like 1

Awesome effort @Lennix!

Calling it quits after a PR on a big compound lift even if you know you could do more shows you're training smart too. Excellent work mate!

Edited by Raymond
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Awesome effort @Lennix!

Calling it quits after a PR on a big compound lift even if you know you could do more shows you're training smart too. Excellent work mate!

Thanks! Yes I prefer to walk away with a new pb as the last lift and not a fail + its safer :)

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 3:13 AM, Hopefully said:

I wonder what grip enthusiasts think about your axle lifts not being elite.. :3 

I’ll be your hucklebee 

The WR is 229.9 kg / 507 lb

180 kg / 396 lb is 78% of WR. 

Bro in what strength event is being 78% to the WR elite? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

I’ll be your hucklebee 

The WR is 229.9 kg / 507 lb

180 kg / 396 lb is 78% of WR. 

Bro in what strength event is being 78% to the WR elite? 

As he answered he was referring to my 200 axle, which would be around 87% of WR. Not sure if I would call it elite now when you pointed it out. If you compare to strongman it would equal 198kg logpress and 435kg strongman deadlift. Wr in powerlifting in -120kg is a total of 907kg with your reasoning 789kg total wouldn't be elite. Is 100kg Rolling thunder elite? 

I find it interesting! Would be interesting where the community draw the line :)

Edited by Lennix

200 kg axle DOH is definitely elite in my opinion. However, it should be done with tightly locked collars, so that the axle is like one solid unit. Most people don't do that though and everyone who doesn't don't think it matters.

Also, it's erroneus to base elite level from WR lifts, in my opinion. It should be based on what people are doing in competitions in general.

If you go by WR, there's plenty of sports where they are only one or two men who are "elite" with that type of standard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lennix said:

As he answered he was referring to my 200 axle, which would be around 87% of WR. Not sure if I would call it elite now when you pointed it out. If you compare to strongman it would equal 198kg logpress and 435kg strongman deadlift. Wr in powerlifting in -120kg is a total of 907kg with your reasoning 789kg total wouldn't be elite. Is 100kg Rolling thunder elite? 

I find it interesting! Would be interesting where the community draw the line :)

Thom I think you are a very strong lifter 💪💪

on your 200 video - is that an Ironmind apollon Axle? 

One observation i have on axle is the im bar often is much harder than typical strongman bars. Especially when it’s tightly secured with spin lock collars. Very common to hear someone who has lifted 205-210 kg on their local strongman axle to struggle with 185-190 on the im bar. 

I very much believe you will climb up the ladder if you persist. Aim for the big lifts it will compliment your pl & sm game. 

Edit - I missed response to rt question — imo no 100 kg not elite. It’s good. I realize most of the people who read this will say otherwise. I think 113 kg / 250 is the entry point to the truly top rt levels. 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

200 kg axle DOH is definitely elite in my opinion. However, it should be done with tightly locked collars, so that the axle is like one solid unit. Most people don't do that though and everyone who doesn't don't think it matters.

Also, it's erroneus to base elite level from WR lifts, in my opinion. It should be based on what people are doing in competitions in general.

If you go by WR, there's plenty of sports where they are only one or two men who are "elite" with that type of standard.

That’s what elite is - a small number. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

That’s what elite is - a small number. 

Not that small...

Makes no sense to base elite level after a WR. Since a WR can be set at any time in history. Doesn't mean you can't be elite later. Not many people in the elite high jump is jumping anywhere near the WR either. That's the case in many sports.

And regarding rolling thunder I don't think it's good to even look at numbers at all since those handles vary so much. Better to look for other handles that are consistent in that case. Like the crusher, trilobite, LGC handle etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Thom I think you are a very strong lifter 💪💪

on your 200 video - is that an Ironmind apollon Axle? 

One observation i have on axle is the im bar often is much harder than typical strongman bars. Especially when it’s tightly secured with spin lock collars. Very common to hear someone who has lifted 205-210 kg on their local strongman axle to struggle with 185-190 on the im bar. 

I very much believe you will climb up the ladder if you persist. Aim for the big lifts it will compliment your pl & sm game. 

Edit - I missed response to rt question — imo no 100 kg not elite. It’s good. I realize most of the people who read this will say otherwise. I think 113 kg / 250 is the entry point to the truly top rt levels. 

Thanks! 

Its random strongman bar and I'm positive it's mich easier then IM bar guessing I would be around 180 with IM bar. I'm not talking that much about my lift rather it's interesting where line for elite is drawn. If we play with the thought that it would be a 200kg IM bar lift, how many people are able to pull that kind of weights today? 50-100? 200-500? 500-1000? Would 1000 guys be elite? 50? 10? Thats what I find interesting. 

How many %es of active users are elite? 1-5% of community?

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

80mm pinch 
10x10
15x10
20x10
20x10
20x10
20x10
20x10
25x5 ( last set with left only singles after) 
25x5
25x5
25x5
25x5@10 

Coc#2 holds 
#3.5 7 second 19mm gripperhandle hold
#4 miss 
#4 3.5 same as previous 

good session with a toddler crawling around my feet, pretty happy that I was able to set the #4 been a long time since I tried. 

• Like 3