My grip adventure

Lennix

29 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Hope so! 

Yea I don't know which needs more training 30-35seconds SB or if I could get 175-185 on a non spinning axle (not sure how many kgs differ from spinning/locked) but I guess I'm going to put sb further away from axle on the schedule.

I would love to win at Örebro :D 

I don't see a whole lot of people getting those numbers to be honest. No point in killing your SB times if you're already that strong on the axle. You didn't train the axle at all and pulled 180 kg the first time you tried it...

Then there's of course the medley. Which is more difficult to predict. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

I don't see a whole lot of people getting those numbers to be honest. No point in killing your SB times if you're already that strong on the axle. You didn't train the axle at all and pulled 180 kg the first time you tried it...

Then there's of course the medley. Which is more difficult to predict. 

Kalle Lane and Anders Dahlquist is likely to attend ;) I know Kalle did 180 axel this weekend. For SB I know atleast 1 guy who is good for 28 seconds so I would like to increase my time towards 40. The medley I'm really looking forward to, since I never lifted anything gripwise everything they could add will be new to me ^^ 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Kalle Lane and Anders Dahlquist is likely to attend ;) I know Kalle did 180 axel this weekend. For SB I know atleast 1 guy who is good for 28 seconds so I would like to increase my time towards 40. The medley I'm really looking forward to, since I never lifted anything gripwise everything they could add will be new to me ^^ 

Ok, I haven't seen Kalle doing any super impressive stuff with grippers though. I know he was very strong with them a long time ago but I haven't seen any scary numbers from comps in later years. Silver bullet is a bit different of course since it's not about closing the grippers, so we'll see :) 

He's listed in NAGS on 2HP at just above 90 kg (from my memory), which is good but not world class. Blockbuster pinch is very different. Very slippery and it's a lot wider. So it's difficult to know. 

He will probably be good in the medley as well, since he's been doing grip for ages :D 

It's a bit unfortunate for you that the SB is only with the #3, since you can get the #4 in training. 

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

I  didnt really believe when people said fatbar training ruins grippers, well I'm a believer. 

Could just precisely close #3 once with my right. Then #3.5 2 seconds sb and like 3 tries more before I gave up and did 5 seconds with #3. Completely fried forearms. 

Well well! 

Maybe the three PR's you made on the weekend played a role there too. One PR can be taxing on the CNS and some coaches will send you home for the day after you hit a new PR in one lift. Hitting three in a session takes a lot out of you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Ok, I haven't seen Kalle doing any super impressive stuff with grippers though. I know he was very strong with them a long time ago but I haven't seen any scary numbers from comps in later years. Silver bullet is a bit different of course since it's not about closing the grippers, so we'll see :) 

He's listed in NAGS on 2HP at just above 90 kg (from my memory), which is good but not world class. Blockbuster pinch is very different. Very slippery and it's a lot wider. So it's difficult to know. 

He will probably be good in the medley as well, since he's been doing grip for ages :D 

It's a bit unfortunate for you that the SB is only with the #3, since you can get the #4 in training. 

Yea he wont do bad in anything! I hope he comes, would be an honor to compete against him! Yea I would have gone for #3.5 since not many others can close that ^^ 

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

Maybe the three PR's you made on the weekend played a role there too. One PR can be taxing on the CNS and some coaches will send you home for the day after you hit a new PR in one lift. Hitting three in a session takes a lot out of you. 

Yea i don't think that's the reason today but the 3x amrap with axle definitely took a toll on my arms.  My CNS is much more sensitive towards high volume over time than 6RM/11RM prs. Ofc 1RM PBs will have me weak for 1 week tho. 

Bench: 

20x15

40x10

60x3

80x3

100x3

120x2

130x2 PR

135x1

142.5x1 PR 

100x10 lol 

Deadlift 

100x3

140x3

180x3

210x3

210x3

210x3

210x3

Platepinch 2x20kg x1 

Silverbullet

34 - 28 - 30 

Biceps/triceps rehab 

Comments: 

Finally new 1RM in bench! And after 130x2 aswell, super happy about it. 

• Like 3

That looked strong and solid. Congratulations on the big PR!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

That looked strong and solid. Congratulations on the big PR!

Thanks! Yea I'm super happy with i! Fun thing is that I didnt follow any training program so there haven't been a working phase and a deload before maxattempt. Might have to follow a real program and see if I can close in on 150 even more! 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

Or maybe your “unreal” program really is a real program. Never discount results. 😊

In any event, 150 is sooo close now. If you’re not careful you might bump into it!

• Like 1

I have a theory that @Lennix is really a robot sent back from the future. It's scary to think of what he will be capable of if he gets on a  program that's tailored to him with some type of periodization to peak for an event.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Or maybe your “unreal” program really is a real program. Never discount results. 😊

In any event, 150 is sooo close now. If you’re not careful you might bump into it!

Yea I've had great success in the past of just going all in every workout, a lot better result then following programs so I guess my non program actual is a bit "specially" designed to fit me :) The hard thing is not overdoing it.  

150kg is almost my lifegoal in bench, after that it's 180kg and that's something that will take time xD 

56 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I have a theory that @Lennix is really a robot sent back from the future. It's scary to think of what he will be capable of if he gets on a  program that's tailored to him with some type of periodization to peak for an event.

Haha, you got me! Yea a tailored program is something I've never had and might do in the future. But i have followed programs designed to peak for an event. Ive done multiple cycles of Boris Sheiko 12v program. Got my squat and deadlift up to where it is right now but with poor results with bench. Although i lost 16kg last year during this time so perhaps its harsh to say it was poor but volume @70% doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. (-10kg atm  fram that weightloss) 

The thing is that my lifestyle atm is far from optimal, I have 2 kids (3 yo and 8.5 months) so I've literally been sleep depraved during the whole period I've been powerlifting xD And I only got time to hit the gym 3x/week (sometimes 4) would be alot more beneficial for me who can tolerate high frequency to split up my volume on 6 days instead of 3. With that I could also do alot more assistant work to get rid of some minor injuries. (Elbow pain and pain the attachment of the biceps in my right arm)  

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 2

Squat: 

20x5

60x5

100x5

130x5

170x3

190x2

210x2

220x3 PR 

Loglift: 

60x5

80x2

80x0

60x5

60x5

60x8 

Loading 125kg x40m x2 

Comments:

Happy with another squat PB, might be a bit shallow but I'll take it. Loglift second time ever, I suck on it! 

220x3 squat: 

• Like 4

Lookin’ strong on those squats! 

Congrats on the PR!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Lookin’ strong on those squats! 

Congrats on the PR!!

Thanks! Yea i dont know whats going on but changing gym have really made a difference. 250 isn't looking so far off as it was 1 month ago.

• Like 1

That’s a good number for me, too. My best in raw competition is 247.5 in the 105 class. But now I’m slowly starting to move up a class. I doubt I’ll ever fatten up to a full 120, but eventually squatting 275, or close to it, would be pretty cool. 

8 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

That’s a good number for me, too. My best in raw competition is 247.5 in the 105 class. But now I’m slowly starting to move up a class. I doubt I’ll ever fatten up to a full 120, but eventually squatting 275, or close to it, would be pretty cool. 

Super impressive, I'm around 115-116kg atm so a lot heavier then you my dream goals in powerlifting is something like 300 180 320 but realistic is perhaps 280 160 310. Who knows. Anyway there's no idea to compete with these numbers in Sweden, people are to strong! 

• Thanks 1

I’m catching up to you, weighing in just under 110 yesterday. Based on your fast progress and room to grow I believe you can hit those higher numbers! And yeah, Sweden has a history of producing strong lifters. Quite impressive for her diminutive population! I enjoy the benefit of being graded on a curve, though.; I lift in the M2 division. 😊

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2

Benchpress:

20x10
60x8
100x3
120x1
130x1
140x1
145x1 PB
147.5x1 PB 
100x12 PB 

Axle
50x5
90x5
130x3
160x1
190x1 PB
200x1 PB 
200x0 

Nature stone 
120x1 till bröstet 

Yoke 10meter/turn 
70x2 vändor 
150x2
190x2
230x2 

Bench:

More aggressive raise of weights during warm up felt good. Super happy with all the lifts.

Axle: didnt drop it, I let it go cuz the bounce was killing my wrist on the way to 200kg. 

Yoke: first time! Super fun and will hurt tomorrow xD 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Du är fan oförskämt stark! :laugh

Haha tack :D Inte speciellt ändå.. Axeln är väl bra men resten kass 😛

Powerful lifting! 

Thats a huge axle pull. 

6 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Powerful lifting! 

Thats a huge axle pull. 

Thanks! Yea its quite unreal how good everything is going atm. It's si hard for me to understand how good 200kg axle is since I did 180kg on my first try ever. I know like when harri tolonen says it's his dream that it's something special but I cant relate.. 

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Good benchpress, great that all the hard work is paying off. 

Thanks! Super happy about it :)

Edited by Lennix

180 first axle attempt means you’re ultra gifted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

180 first axle attempt means you’re ultra gifted. 

Yepp, strange thing is that I suck on rolling thunder... xD

18 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Maybe you lack wrist flexion strength, or don't implement it in the lift

Yea i dont know, I think i need some time with the implement to figure out how it works ^^ 75kg on the old handle which is easier then the new -.-