Gripmas 2019

Tank Andrade

Hi guys just wanted to announce date and events for this years Gripmas competition.

Sat Dec. 7th. 10:00am start

18 Brewster ln. Shelton, CT 06484

"A Bensonhurst Gripmas"

events will be :

TNS grippers ! lets mix things up a bit

2HP on a Euro pinch device only using two widths. (52mm/58mm). Just pick Narrow or wide. 

1hand  Napalms Nightmare 2-3/8" rolling handle

The infamous Gripmas medley.  thinking a heavy/light setup. 

All Standard Nags rules will apply i will update soon with more details and Medley items Etc.

Breakfast sandwiches will be served. prizes etc, all the good stuff.

$40 fee (first time competitors always free)

any questions just shoot me an email @ bbc.ct@aol.com

• Like 9

Oh man, I hope you have some real light grippers available if I have to TNS. Single digit RGC maybe. Neither of those euro widths are ideal for me but I'll gladly settle for the ease and speed of the lifts that are now possible. Also very in favor of heavy/light medley. The one Nate put together for SJ4 was really nice and balanced. 

• Like 4

Yes! The only way I’m missing this is if I have to attend a funeral.

My own funeral

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Oh man, I hope you have some real light grippers available if I have to TNS. Single digit RGC maybe. Neither of those euro widths are ideal for me but I'll gladly settle for the ease and speed of the lifts that are now possible. Also very in favor of heavy/light medley. The one Nate put together for SJ4 was really nice and balanced. 

I started buying my kid grippers at 6 years old i got your grippers covered lol. BTW neither of those are my widths for pinching either

• Like 4

Thank you Tank! For the TNS grippers! Finally being seen in a contest that I don’t have to throw!! (I thought that would be the only time I would see them).....

28 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thank you Tank! For the TNS grippers! Finally being seen in a contest that I don’t have to throw!! (I thought that would be the only time I would see them).....

Thought you would like that big Joe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

Thought you would like that big Joe

I like it, too.  What RGC ratings will you have on hand, if you know yet?

And I am 100 % in.  Also, my brother lives in Shelton.  Not sure I can rope him in to participate, although I did get him to come to a grip workout at Anton's once, but I think maybe I can drum up a spectator or two by making a family weekend out of it.  Maybe my mom would even show up.  Too bad I don't have my son (13) that weekend.  He might have tried it.

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Might be able to make it! Classes get out around then, so I don't know if I'll have a final to study for or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I like it, too.  What RGC ratings will you have on hand, if you know yet?

should be around 5lb jumps ill shoot you a list

• Like 2

Not going, I am pinching at 64mm (and live on the other side of the planet)😂.

Good luck with the competition!

• Like 1

I really appreciate that Gripmas is continuing.  I hope it is well attended forever.

• Like 10

I'm still rehabbing from my injury so I won't be able to compete by then, but I'll be there Chris to hang out and help anyway I can like loading and score keep etc. 

• Like 4

Chris, thanks for listing so early.  I like the events and will plan to be there.  

• Like 4

On 8/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

TNS is scaring most folk away lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

TNS is scaring most folk away lol

Quite possibly. If you can close a 1 TNS then there is no reason why one can’t close  a 3 or more that way.Just May take a little more work and time.... But I Digress....

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Well, usually the #3s and beyond are much wider than the easier grippers so it's not the same thing. 

They are wider? Not from what I have seen. If you can no set a lighter gripper, you can no set a heavier one. Just depends if you train it. 

37 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yes, they are. Usually. How wide they are would determine the difficulty as much if not more than the rating, provided one has average or smaller hands of course. Otherwise I'm not sure it's that big a factor. It would still be a matter of strength though regardless. 

If one can TNS a number 1 of the same size spread #3.... they can close the #3 in the same fashion. It’s not a hand size issue, They can TNS the lighter gripper... it’s a strength issue. Hand size makes no difference... if they can TNS a one they can potentially get strong enough to TNS the 3 of the same spread. No ifs ands or buts around that... it’s a strength issue. (All my grippers are pretty close in spread, by the way)

Edited by Guest

I'm gonna TNS every item in the medley - awesome Chris, this is gonna be a great comp! Congrats on the first of many and long live the bensonhurst gripmas! (in connecticut) - see you December 7th if not sooner!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

(All my grippers are pretty close in spread, by the way)

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I just wanted to point out the spread factor as well. 

I agree with Joe, What little difference there may be between CoC grippers is negligible.  

Don't let one event keep you away no matter what it is.

• Like 3