Sign in to follow this  
Buccos1

10 years of (bi-weekly) Ironmind Red Nail bends

Buccos1
On 2/6/2020 at 11:58 AM, Tom Flesher said:

Glad to hear the pain is subsiding a bit! What are you doing for rehab/injury prevention? I know you've had a few nagging issues.

At this point, mostly stuff on my own.  A few of the things that seem to be helping now are icing my neck and traps throughout the day, neck stretches, using the theracane and similar devices on trigger points, scraping tools, the Rumble Roller, and portable traction devices. 

All throughout 2019, I was going to the chiro, PT and OT, a trigger point therapist, acupuncture, cupping, and getting injections in my neck/shoulder.  Some of it helped, but it was too much to keep up that routine.  I kept going to the chiropractor, but this became repetitive and stopped helping.  Tried a few new chiropractors recently which made things worse.  I'm going to keep doing acupuncture, as I think this helped in a few ways.

• Like 2

Buccos1

Sun (2/16)

DO - IMPs
Yellow Nail
1/4 x 6" O1
1/4 x 7" 1045
Red Nail

Pretty good session today.  A few hours before my Red attempt, I was sitting around, thinking about it and wasn't really looking forward to the bend.  Years back, during this streak, I would think about it all week, and almost 'couldn't wait' until the day came around to bend another one.  And afterwards, I'd feel awesome and reflect briefly, then start thinking ahead.  The Red Nail bend each week would guide almost everything I did before-and-after, and had become an inescapable, undeniable part of my identity.  But today, it just wasn't there.  No real excitement, no anticipation, upon self-reflection.  

I still need to go back through my notes/journals (lazy) to see when the official "Last Bend" is going to be, that will mark 10 years.  Roughly, I think, it will be the beginning of July, which would mean I have four more months to go ... about 10 more Reds.  The end is in sight.

• Like 2

Buccos1

Sun (3/1)

DO - IMPs
Yellow Nail
1/4 x 7" 1045
Red Nail

Buccos1

Sun (3/15)

DO - IMPs
Yellow Nail
1/4 x 7" Grade 5
Red Nail

Nothing major the past two sessions.  All-in-all, everything has felt pretty good.

• Like 4

Tom Flesher
2 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Sun (3/15)

DO - IMPs
Yellow Nail
1/4 x 7" Grade 5
Red Nail

Nothing major the past two sessions.  All-in-all, everything has felt pretty good.

Glad to hear the nagging injuries aren’t bothering you too much! 

• Like 1

Buccos1

Sun (3/29)

DO - IMPs
1/4 x 6.5" HRS
15/64 x 7" O1
1/4 x 7" 1045
Red Nail

• Like 1

Buccos1

Sun (4/12)

DO - IMPs
1/4 x 7" O1
1/4 x 7" Grade 5
Red Nail

Felt really strong today.  Took the Red down quick with no pain.  Right afterwards, destroyed a Grade 8 double-under in single IMPs.  Great session!

• Like 3