Children's Gripper Certs

bencrush

@Wade GillinghamHave you considered doing gripper certs on the children's Junior grippers?  Of course it would be for mostly very young kids, but there is interest out there.  I need to buy my 6-year-old Josie the red gripper soon.  It might be more of a pain in the butt type deal to do a kid's gripper cert.  But maybe they could do their gripper certs with a block set too and maybe even submit a fee to get on the cert list.  Just some thoughts.  Your Junior grippers are super well made.  I know the green gripper we have has been closed hundreds of times.  Not all by Josie.  Some are by adults we have over occasionally who are fascinated by the tiny gripper.  I have also closed it a fair amount, lol - slowly and without slamming the handles together so I don't ruin it. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the idea Ben.  No we hadn't considered it in the past but will talk it over.  I know there is some interest to do something for women as well.

Wade

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Thanks for the idea Ben.  No we hadn't considered it in the past but will talk it over.  I know there is some interest to do something for women as well.

Wade

Do it. You already have the grippers for it.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Children have decent grip when young. A child less than a year can hold themselves with one hand

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

I'd love to see a women's cert for levels 5 & 6. Not sure if the 4 would be too easy.

One whole step level like IM does it is the way to go. For GHP it would be two levels. Closing the GHP4 would be more like closing a 2.5 for a man.

The reason not more women cert is mainly because there are not a lot of women practicing. Also the CCS rule makes it even harder for them since their average hand size is much smaller.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

One whole step level like IM does it is the way to go. For GHP it would be two levels. Closing the GHP4 would be more like closing a 2.5 for a man.

The reason not more women cert is mainly because there are not a lot of women practicing. Also the CCS rule makes it even harder for them since their average hand size is much smaller.

GHP6 is comparable to a 2.5. GHP4 is like a 1.5.

• Like 2