380 lb thumbless double overhand @210 lb bw

AdamTGlass

I’ve been drilling this variation for a few weeks and I am digging the gainz. Great wrist and open hand focus with large loading potential 

• Like 6

I've been hitting these too Adam.  Of course I'm 40 lbs below you but...  :blush

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I've been hitting these too Adam.  Of course I'm 40 lbs below you but...  :blush

Do you ever experience a painful sensation in the thumb mound (thumbless Grip) when you first set your grip? Not every time but some times I feel a hot spot right when I base in to the axle with my left hand. No other set up has created some sensation I found it odd

8 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Do you ever experience a painful sensation in the thumb mound (thumbless Grip) when you first set your grip? Not every time but some times I feel a hot spot right when I base in to the axle with my left hand. No other set up has created some sensation I found it odd

I haven't had this happen but there is a palmer nerve running through the base of the thumb where the axle would contact during a thumb less lift. I was able to recreate it while playing around but I bet if you just repositioned a little and messed with skin tension you could alleviate it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I have from time to time.  I also sometimes get a shooting pain in the back of my hand right above where the forefinger bone is.  Almost like a nerve rolling over a tendon or vice versa if that makes sense.  Both seem to not happen if I flex my hand toward my pinky side a little.

• Thanks 1