Emerging Contenders Dec. 7 Maryland

lder

I am running another Armlifting USA sanctioned contest on December 7 at my training studio, Renewed Strength LLC.   Emerging Contenders is a grip contest designed to introduce grip specific contests and the Armlifting USA organization to the east coast, specifically Maryland.

This is a qualifying event for the Armlifting USA leader-board and season rankings.

Silver Bullet Hold
Saxon Barbell Deadlift
Rolling Thunder Deadlift
Double Overhand Apollon's Axle
York Blob Medley

Silver Bullet will be up to three rounds
Saxon Bar, Rolling Thunder and Axle will all use a last man standing format
Blob Medley will be a lightest to heaviest timed event. Details to come later.

Male, female and teen divisions will be contested.
1,2,3 placement certificates will be awarded.
The top male and female competitor will earn free entry to Maryland's Strongest Hands 2020.

9am start 

Address:

Renewed Strength LLC

1532 Liberty Road Suite 111

Eldersburg MD 21784

$40 registration fee

Follow the event on my facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/378846269501668/
Registration is required. Please use this MindBody link to register  https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=732798&stype=-102&sView=day&sLoc=0

Contenders 2019 jpeg final.jpg

Edited by lder
Logo added
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lder said:

I am running another Armlifting USA sanctioned contest on December 7 at my training studio, Renewed Strength LLC.   Emerging Contenders is a grip contest designed to introduce grip specific contests and the Armlifting USA organization to the east coast, specifically Maryland.

This is a qualifying event for the Armlifting USA leader-board and season rankings.

Silver Bullet Hold
Saxon Barbell Deadlift
Rolling Thunder Deadlift
Double Overhand Apollon's Axle
York Blob Medley

Silver Bullet will be up to three rounds
Saxon Bar, Rolling Thunder and Axle will all use a last man standing format
Blob Medley will be a lightest to heaviest timed event. Details to come later.

Male, female and teen divisions will be contested.
1,2,3 placement certificates will be awarded.
The top male and female competitor will earn free entry to Maryland's Strongest Hands 2020.

9am start 

Address:

Renewed Strength LLC

1532 Liberty Road Suite 111

Eldersburg MD 21784

$40 registration fee

Follow the event on my facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/378846269501668/
Registration is required. Please use this MindBody link to register  https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=732798&stype=-102&sView=day&sLoc=0

Definitely would have attended this if it wasn’t the the same weekend as Gripmas. 

9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Definitely would have attended this if it wasn’t the the same weekend as Gripmas. 

Thanks for the consideration.  I am already working around other local and regional grip, kettlebell, and strongman comps, but did not see anything about Gripmas this year.  Maybe I missed something, but I did not see a date for Gripmas posted for 2019 and also thought that last year was the last one in its traditional location and format.   Has a location and date been set for that event?  

10 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am free that weekend.  I plan to attend Gripmas as well, if it is held that weekend (I thought I heard it would be, but I don't believe I saw it officially announced, I think I heard it in discussion with the person who is taking it over now that Chris Rice retired from it).  But if Gripmas is not that weekend, then I will attend this one.  

1 hour ago, lder said:

Thanks for the consideration.  I am already working around other local and regional grip, kettlebell, and strongman comps, but did not see anything about Gripmas this year.  Maybe I missed something, but I did not see a date for Gripmas posted for 2019 and also thought that last year was the last one in its traditional location and format.   Has a location and date been set for that event?  

It was announced a gripmas last year that @Tank Andrade was taking over the reigns from Chris and be held in Connecticut 

• 1 month later...

This contest is still a few months away but registration is already being filled.  As a reminder the winner of this contest gets free entry for the cash payout contest that has already been discussed in another thread (October 2020).  This is a great way for those of you who want to compete in a formal setting and have the chance to save the $250 entry fee if you plan to compete next year.  Registration link is in the first post.

Edited by lder
  • Like 1

There will be a few Arnold Armlifting USA qualified athletes competing in this contest.  To accommodate those competitors and help them prepare we will run the events in the planned order of that contest.  The order will also work well for those looking to advance their Armlifting USA standings, set new PRs, and determine the actual winner of the Emerging Contenders contest. 

1.Rolling Thunder

2.Axle

3.Silver Bullet

4.Saxon (Not at the Arnold, but a standings event)

5. Blob Medley (Not an armlifting event)