Need Help Closing Cofc#2

gerryg

Hello,I am looking training tips!I can fully close the#1 only 5 times with my right hand!I would like to improve this!How many days a week should I train my grip and does anyone have any grip tips?

I went from the #1 to the #2 with KTA

I'd say KTA also. Lots of good information. Myself and my son both closed the #2 within a week or two of starting KTA.

Read past posts. Check out diff grip equip. and remember there are more grippers out there than just CoC.

Hello,I am looking training tips!I can fully close the#1 only 5 times with my right hand!I would like to improve this!How many days a week should I train my grip and does anyone have any grip tips?

Well here is what I have done and still do,

I grab my grippers 1-2 times a day and just

close the 2, then the 3, then the Elite and

then I go for the 4, I went from the 2 to getting

certified on the #3 in about 6 months and I plan

on closing the 4 by the end of next year, maybe

sooner.

Matt

I would train everyday and do heavy singles-try and close the #2 as far as you can and hold it. And i also would do strap holds that would really help you break the gap.

I went from almost closing the #1 to closing the #2 for 4-5 reps either hand. The #2 has to be set but, #1 does not.

Here is what I did:

Phase 1: close the #1

Close with both hands and hold with 1 hand til it turns out to be a negative 3x per week.

Did this until I could close #1 3r x 3s each hand.

When I did not need to close with 2 hands I did it with 1 hand.

Phase 2: Close #2

mon. 6-12s x 1-3 reps closeing as fast as possible w/ #1

1 static hold or negative w/ #2 (used two hands to close if needed)

Wed. 2-3s x 1-3 reps closeing as fast as possible w/ #1

3-6 sets static holds or negatives w/ #2 (used two hands to close if needed)

Fri. 6-12s x 1-3 reps closeing as fast as possible w/ #1

1 static hold or negative w/ #2 (used two hands to close if needed)

Only took about 3-4 months. I do not train these things much anymore due to other goals (pinch and kettlebell training) but, I close the #2 every once in awhile for 2-3 reps either hand.

The fast as possible reps is explosive. I got this from Louie Simmons. It works. When I closed the #2 I could only close the #1 about 6-7 times. I have heard of others that can get 10++ reps on #1 but, can not close #2. I think I trained my explosive properties which I think has more to do with tendon elasticity rather than tendon stiffness which is affected by static holds and negatives. I think to close #3 the tendon stiffness training will be of more importance. Not there so, do not know.

When I can pick-up the blob I will try for the #3. It sounds like a beast though.

There are many ways to get there it looks like.

Good luck.

What is the blob?Is it like the pinch grip?

:rock ya it's pinch, a blob is half of a hex dumbbell or york or whatever.

when I could do about 8 reps with the #1 I started training with the #2 and went from about parellel to fully closing it in a week or two by training with negatives almost every day

negatives work really well for me, give them a try

I am as new as they come to grip training. My brother got me on this site and I've watched all the posts now for about a month and figured its time I post something. As of right now, I have closed the #2 only once. I am frustrated about my gains,Sometimes I can only get My #2 to an eighth of an inch. BUt I can still rep with my #1 pretty well. I plan on getting the KTA program sometime this weekend. I have seen some good feedback about it. :blush:cool

• 2 weeks later...

I did 9 full closes in a row with the #1,almost 10 about 1/4 of an inch away,with my right hand today!Still can not do a full close with the #2!

good job. :rock

Try doing several attempts a day with the #2, just today I finally got it with my weak hand by doing it that way and it only took a week or two.

i can do 18 reps of #1, and i can do 2 reps of #2, ive been doing CoC for about 6 months :p just ordered the #3, its gonna be a beast to close though init.

Plus, im only 15 years old, does that make me the youngest to close #2? :D

yeah anyway, what thorfinn said it quite right, i normally did explosive and quick stuff.. i was about half a center meter away from closin the #2 for about 2 months, i thought, WTF!, so i tryed closing the #1 as many times as i could as quickly as i could, and finally the #2 i was able to do :D

Edited by lofz

mmm, before i started on weights / grip training, i was a skinny runt, i was into football and athletics, i quit both my clubs i played for and my mate (whos a weightlifter too) got me into weights, and i got him into grip training :P.

People in my year always remembered me for a skinny little kid :(

But last week when i took my shirt off in a PE lesson, my m8s were saying how much ive beefed up since then, this movitated me loads and made me want to train harder to beef up even more :D, my hard works payed off. Now all i do is eat and do weights, i used to weigh 9.7 stone, now i'm 10.9 stone (i find it bloody hard to put weight on since my motabilism is still high, that'll all change soon though wont it? :), wehay.

I started weights about 4 months before i turned 15, too early i know, but i couldnt wait any longer to become 16.

when i turn 16 in february, im gonna do some hardcore lifting down at the gym and work my grip

Edited by lofz

Get yourself into a serious squat routine and eat anything that isn't nailed down, and you'll gain just fine. Check out Keys to Progress by John Macullum. Lots of great info. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm certainly not the expert on grippers here, I found my best success was with one heavy workout a week on grippers. I did a couple negatives on my goal gripper a day and once a week I did a set of 8 on the T, then 8 on the 1, then tried the 2 (my goal) a couple times. I closed the 2 about a month and a half after I first closed the 1. At the time I could do 13 reps with the 1.

The night I closed the #2 was actually the last time I picked up a gripper. Got cancer in my shoulder and the next day it began hurting to the point that I couldn't do any weight training. Anyone have tips for someone starting again from the VERY bottom (I went from 185lbs to 113lbs, back to 144lbs now)?

• 2 weeks later...

Relax, you'll get it.

You gotta use your brain and allow enough time for your strength to grow.

What grippers do you own?

Do you have any of Tetting's? If you don't have grippers to fill in the huge gap's I'd remommend getting a machine.

-HH