Hardest curls I’ve ever tried

Got a 3 inch axle bar. Placed it on a preacher bench at its lowest height. Leaning forward into the bench pad. Grabbing the bar from full arm extension and curling up and back down. Phenomenally harder than sitting up right with the pad up higher. There was absolutely now way to use any back or momentum to get the weight up. This is a measly 100 pounds. On the 3 inch bar it felt like 200 in this position. This was done as a finisher to grippers, sledge, thumbblaster and various chin ups. 4 sets of 3 did the job. Try them and you’ll see!

Edited by Guest

Good stuff. I love my 3” axle. 

Now do a max DL with it! 

Edited by FrankSobotka

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here ya go frank. Slick as snot titan fitness 3 inch axle. 240. Gonna do these for a while. 

https://youtu.be/qpoz5hPvwNk

That’s awesome! I have the same axle, my last PR on it was 205 a couple months ago  

Also for anyone wondering I can confirm it’s really slick. 

7 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

That’s awesome! I have the same axle, my last PR on it was 205 a couple months ago  

Also for anyone wondering I can confirm it’s really slick. 

Dude it’s off the hook slick. I think @Kluv#0 has done 260. He has a few videos doing these, I think he throw them in the mix from time to time. You can be certain I will as well.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude it’s off the hook slick. I think @Kluv#0 has done 260. He has a few videos doing these, I think he throw them in the mix from time to time. You can be certain I will as well.

Joe, I did 232 lb with double overhand on that monsterous axle. It is very slippery like you say. Still cant believe Titan did not charge shipping on that and was under 90 bucks! Your 100 lb x3 preacher curls is off the charts strong as just doing 100lb with thumb wrapped standing up is very good. Back to the 3" axle deadlift, 275lb is the highest I have seen and that was done by Adam Glass.

Edited by Kluv#0
add
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Joe, I did 232 lb with double overhand on that monsterous axle. It is very slippery like you say. Still cant believe Titan did not charge shipping on that and was under 90 bucks! Your 100 lb x3 preacher curls is off the charts strong as just doing 100lb with thumb wrapped standing up is very good. Back to the 3" axle deadlift, 275lb is the highest I have seen and that was done by Adam Glass.

Thanks Mike! Gonna add this sucker in!

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

There’s a video on Facebook from six years ago of Rich Williams lifting 380 lbs on a 3” axle, double overhand. Crazy!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

There’s a video on Facebook from six years ago of Rich Williams lifting 380 lbs on a 3” axle, double overhand. Crazy!

Hahahahaha what???? That’s obscene!!! Like totally! 140 more than I just did??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I’ve said it so many times but I don’t know how they even make money. Mine was less than $90 shipped last summer. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

That is amazing. Lone wolf Is so freakin strong - I enjoy watching his heavy deadlift vids and his talk💪

RAnything over 220 on 3” is solid. I’ve got 310 on mine and Tanner Merkle has easily got that too. I agree with something Richard Sorin said years ago “400 doh on the 3 inch is the sleeper grip feat of the year” which no one has done yet. 3” for many of us will be a straddle of fatbar/pinch as it’s such an open hand. Definitely one to keep around 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

RAnything over 220 on 3” is solid. I’ve got 310 on mine and Tanner Merkle has easily got that too. I agree with something Richard Sorin said years ago “400 doh on the 3 inch is the sleeper grip feat of the year” which no one has done yet. 3” for many of us will be a straddle of fatbar/pinch as it’s such an open hand. Definitely one to keep around 

Probably the best benefit of both worlds of pinch and open hand if one has to chooose one 

10 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I think 400 is going to take some monstrous hands.  That would bring it back to more of the thick bar side from a rounded pinch feat like it is for most of us.

310 is off the hook Adam.

Very nice curls Joe!

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I think 400 is going to take some monstrous hands.  That would bring it back to more of the thick bar side from a rounded pinch feat like it is for most of us.

310 is off the hook Adam.

True that. Richard was specifically commenting on big Rich’s monster grip. I think for a Chad Woodall or a Mike Burke would could see it if they ever had an incentive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

True that. Richard was specifically commenting on big Rich’s monster grip. I think for a Chad Woodall or a Mike Burke would could see it if they ever had an incentive. 

400 on a 3 inch is probably the Incredible Hulk of all grip feats in my opinion.....

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Yea, I think those guys would have a chance for sure!

• Like 1

This week Did the 100 for 5 reps and then 3 x 3 with 110 on the low preacher leaning forward. 3 inch bar. BRUUUUTAAALLL 

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This week I for the 100 for 5 reps and then 3 x 3 with 110 on the low preacher leaning forward. 3 inch bar. BRUUUUTAAALLL 

Nicely done Joe

• Like 2