*New Gold Nail Bent and Reviewed

PITTisKING

9 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Question: Which is more significant: That the bars may be 4.267% thinner, or that it may be hot rolled steel and not cold rolled steel? 

The diameter of the bars doesn't tell you much of itself unless the difference is huge. So the fact that it's HRS is probably more important.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KapMan said:

Because if it isn't a gold nail then why bother? You're seemingly missing the point. 

Nope I don't. What I don't get though, is why so many people obsess over one company, offering one certification system. There's plenty of other ways of proving your strength in bending...

10 hours ago, Danny Young said:

I've bent CRS that has made the same shape fully bent.  Either way it might be very weak CRS that's got a .368" diameter. Between the 3/8 FBBC HRS & 5/16 triangle grade 5s 8" lengths I got. I will able to get the shiny gold down soon.

The new golds are easier than 5/16 * 8” G5 😳. That’s still a very respectable bend in Ironmind pads, but worlds apart from what the Gold used to be. Worlds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nope I don't. What I don't get though, is why so many people obsess over one company, offering one certification system. There's plenty of other ways of proving your strength in bending...

David Horne’s rated bars are the best choice for anyone seeking a competitive steel bending challenge. Each bar each carefully rated so that stuff like this won’t happen.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

David Horne’s rated bars are the best choice for anyone seeking a competitive steel bending challenge. Each bar each carefully rated so that stuff like this won’t happen.

Yes, I like the steel he sells, unfortunately he doesn't have a bigger stock. Lots of gaps there, which makes it too difficult for weak people like me :D

18 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

True.

To clarify, what I meant was that if someone had certed the gold nail six months ago, it would have been an unthinkable, ridiculous feat of strength on par with a coc 4 CCS.

Now, if someone certs the gold, I don't think it will be met with such celebration because there will be that hint of "what kind of gold nail was it."

Even though even a less strong gold nail bend is still ridiculous, we all know how it goes.

This is true with a lot of grip certs. Because everyone is not using the “same” implement or gripper. People will always downplay or give a backhanded compliment on a lift or a bend  , especially if they lifted something and someone beats their lift or bend on. I’ve noticed this on the board even when posting a feat. You did great... buuuuuut.......it’s like no one can give someone a compliment on a strong lift without a buuuut or you didn’t do thiiissss.... haha but that’s Grip for ya.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Whooooooooossssssshhhhhhhhh

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This is true with a lot of grip certs. Because everyone is not using the “same” implement or gripper. People will always downplay or give a backhanded compliment on a lift or a bend  , especially if they lifted something and someone beats their lift or bend on. I’ve noticed this on the board even when posting a feat. You did great... buuuuuut.......it’s like no one can give someone a compliment on a strong lift without a buuuut or you didn’t do thiiissss.... haha but that’s Grip for ya.

I’ve noticed that too. Here, youtube comments, the gym, everywhere. If you squat 700lbs, someone will know someone who squatted 700 with no belt. There is literally no end to just how fragile and insecure people and their egos can be.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

I’ve noticed that too. Here, youtube comments, the gym, everywhere. If you squat 700lbs, someone will know someone who squatted 700 with no belt. There is literally no end to just how fragile and insecure people and their egos can be.

Totally. I don’t get it. No “atta boy” or “great job”.... just a critique of how you didn’t do it the way someone else did or you didn’t do it right at all. I laugh at some of the critics I get when I strict crucifix lever 20 pound hammers. It’s hilarious 

44 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

One of my friends had this exact same thought, but English was his second language, he's in a lower weight class than you, and he typed uphill both ways

• Haha 2

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Danny Young said:

Either way it might be very weak CRS that's got a .368" diameter.

It is .359" diameter (23/64").  Pretty substantial difference. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David_wigren said:

The new golds are easier than 5/16 * 8” G5 😳. That’s still a very respectable bend in Ironmind pads, but worlds apart from what the Gold used to be. Worlds.

That's crazy they (Fools Gold, lol) are easier than an 8" Edgin.  I was obviously retired from the bending scene years before the Gold came out...but I could almost fall asleep bending an 8" Edgin in my prime in Ironmind pads or even the thinner Gamidon pads I used on strict DU bends. 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, Hubgeezer said:

Question: Which is more significant: That the bars may be 4.267% thinner, or that it may be hot rolled steel and not cold rolled steel? 

This is hard to answer.  Because the are both pretty big factors in the rating of that bar.  I'd lean slightly more toward HRS being the more significant factor.  But, even though 4% doesn't sound huge, it is big when you're talking the 3/8" range. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bencrush said:

It is .359" diameter (23/64").  Pretty substantial difference. 

Mine measure at .368" (47/128") or 9.36mm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny Young said:

Mine measure at .368" (47/128") or 9.36mm.

Yeah Mine are around there,measuring at .365 or 9.33mm according to my caliper. I did one today in single IMPs, felt pretty similar to 11/32 CRS that I have. I'll post a video later.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PITTisKING said:

Just calibrated one. It took 320 pounds to attain 30 degrees for 8 3/8" bar

Edited by Danny Young
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny Young said:

Just calibrated one. It took 320 pounds to attain 30 degrees for 8 3/8" bar

Oh ok. What's a regular Gold calibrated at?

14 hours ago, bencrush said:

That's crazy they (Fools Gold, lol) are easier than an 8" Edgin.  I was obviously retired from the bending scene years before the Gold came out...but I could almost fall asleep bending an 8" Edgin in my prime in Ironmind pads or even the thinner Gamidon pads I used on strict DU bends. 

How much harder is the 7" 5/16 Edgin vs the 8"?

At my strongest bending wise I only got a small kink in a hard 7" edgin ej sent me, that was in Im pads.

• Like 1

These new Golds seem like a way for iron mind to breath new life into ppl wanting to try for the Gold. Glad no one certed yet on the old one.

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

How much harder is the 7" 5/16 Edgin vs the 8"?

At my strongest bending wise I only got a small kink in a hard 7" edgin ej sent me, that was in Im pads.

7" edgin is 565 so at 8" probably 500 or slightly less 

• Like 1