*New Gold Nail Bent and Reviewed

PITTisKING

45 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

7" edgin is 565 so at 8" probably 500 or slightly 

Cool, thanks. 

I don't know what you guys are talking about.  Ironmind's products do not vary.  Every gripper (of the same number) they have ever put out rates exactly the same.  Every nail too.  They have defied the laws of physics and metallurgy for over 30 years.  Who are you guys to besmirch their good name on this thread.  I'm appalled.

Also, adding the credit card to the gripper certs and the thinner wraps to the bending certs made those easier, not harder.  Just stop with all the conspiracy theories!!!!!

@David_wigren is the main culprit.  He's always been the rotten fish in the apple barrel.  :trout

• Haha 2

On 7/28/2019 at 9:43 AM, Danny Young said:

Mine measure at .368" (47/128") or 9.36mm.

My bad, sorry about that. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

@David_wigren is the main culprit.  He's always been the rotten fish in the apple barrel.  :trout

Mike,

I think you’re being a little harsh and risk not only hurting David’s feelings but also those of us with an appreciation for and affinity with rotten fish.  Now if you had alluded to something (mildly less confrontational?) along lines of say “possibly having a squirrel lose in the attic” I think you’d garner more support to your cause. 

No one doubts your passion – but I think you need to come to “grips” with a healthy dose of conspiracy theory medicine.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

Mike,

I think you’re being a little harsh and risk not only hurting David’s feelings but also those of us with an appreciation for and affinity with rotten fish.  Now if you had alluded to something (mildly less confrontational?) along lines of say “possibly having a squirrel lose in the attic” I think you’d garner more support to your cause. 

No one doubts your passion – but I think you need to come to “grips” with a healthy dose of conspiracy theory medicine.

The day I can finally hurt the feelings of @David_wigren, aka The Swedish Fish, is the day I will have fulfilled my purpose as a sentient being here on planet earth and can die a happy man.

I am, however, probably doomed to a meaningless life, as I'm 99% sure the fish has no feelings...

• Like 1

Putting the tricky question of Mike's assumed sentience aside, and to getting the thread back on track:

Has anyone actually raised this discrepancy issue directly from Ironmind?

I for one would like to know it's at least being looked into and what could possibly be their way forward from here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

Putting the tricky question of Mike's assumed sentience aside, and to getting the thread back on track:

I for one would like to know it's at least being looked into and what could possibly be their way forward from here.

So are you saying that you think they don't already know?  That would mean they have zero quality control.  They have to at least have someone measure a few pieces when they come in just to make sure they're within specs... don't they?  I mean, if not, what kind of a company are they?  Steel varies and I could see the Chinese fooling them with some HRS, but they had to know the dimensions were wrong.  Unless they have absolutely no QC, which is unheard of in this day and age.  This is a huge embarrassment for them.  Maybe they were hoping nobody would notice.

15 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

I recieved an email from Iron Mind saying some of the steel in the recent batch was the wrong steel and they would replace the incorrect Golds. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

So are you saying that you think they don't already know?  That would mean they have zero quality control.  They have to at least have someone measure a few pieces when they come in just to make sure they're within specs... don't they?  I mean, if not, what kind of a company are they?  Steel varies and I could see the Chinese fooling them with some HRS, but they had to know the dimensions were wrong.  Unless they have absolutely no QC, which is unheard of in this day and age.  This is a huge embarrassment for them.  Maybe they were hoping nobody would notice.

I'm pretty sure they had very little QC when it came to this stock order and to be fair to Ironmind I highly doubt there'll be a repeat going forward.  They've had a relatively small number of product issues in the past, they've listened to their customers, and as far as I can tell they are not in the habit repeating those issues.  I believe that goes a long to explaining why they happen to still be in business.   

It's good to hear they are going to remedy the problem.

• Like 1

I received 8 new shiny golds in the mail today, to replace the other ones.

EE044D6F-6233-4796-B8ED-C86108A7D0C0.jpeg

• Like 3

And were they different?

28 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

And were they different?

I have not bent, but clearly look like the old golds.