Ray's grip log

Raymond

10 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I find it beneficial to choke down a heavy gripper like 8-10mm and then working my way out. Maybe you can even use your ghp6 this way if you choke it down far enough. Or maybe even the #3 

Good idea!, the grippers wouldn't have been much use to me so I'll get the first one done and order a few more rod ends and adapt the heavier ones too.

Edited by Raymond
  • Like 2

I've still been training, I just haven't had much time for forums recently. Half of the country is burning so I've been flat out preparing my property & helping other people prepare their properties for what's coming today. It could be the worst day for fires in known history with the weather predicted for today. We don't get normal fires in weather like this we get fire storms and fire tornadoes. With a bit of luck I'll still have a house tomorrow.

I tried using a piece of pipe to set the grippers on Friday but didn't have much success. I just couldn't coordinate it properly. I had a another go yesterday without the pipe and started from a wide set so I didn't stress the injured finger too much &  I got a quick touch on the #2.5, so I'm still making progress. It was a quick session with a reduced amount of reps and sets during the warmup with lighter grippers, so maybe I've been using all my strength before I get the heavier ones in the last few weeks.

• Like 1

I do hope you and your house are ok!

• Like 1

Thanks Eric, we've dodged the bullet so far, there's been a few million square Kilometers of land burnt so far and the "experts" are saying it's going to keep going until at least Christmas.  That seems a bit optimistic though as the hot weather doesn't really kick in until around January here . We're not allowed to do hazard reduction burns in winter anymore, so we're all sitting ducks. 

Anyway, I hit a PR for this cycle with a weighted chin up today with 78kg added and I did 8 HSPU's (wall supported) on parallettes  for 2 sets. I've only been doing that workout once a week for the last few weeks where I'd normally did it  at least twice a week a few years ago to make gains. I don't know what's going on there, I've been drinking a full bottle of vodka  (or more) every might and sleeping less than 5 hours every night for weeks but my strength is improving every time I train..  I've just been doing a few quick warmup sets and then  going for a few hard sets once a week but it seems to be working. I haven't even been focused on what I'm doing really, training has been a burden lately, so I've just been doing it to get it out of the way as fast as possible.

It's like easy strength with 1 or 2 hard working sets but it's working.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on that big PR!

Results speak the loudest. Maybe I need to switch from beer to vodka...