30-Item Medley

1st – Justin Major – 28 items
2nd – Eric Roussin – 27 items
3rd – Joe Sullivan – 22 items
4th – Dan Fleming – 15 items
5th – Robyn Getson – 14 items
6th – Keith Steffensen – 5 items

• Like 4

Congrats Eric & Joe and all the athletes. Very impressive lifts for you two and both did great on the 20mm grippers. Major with 61 on Mini inch pinch is exceptional 

Edited by Kluv#0

I just need to know one thing.  Did Joe TNS the 155?  Or did he cheat close it like the rest of you?  LOL

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I just need to know one thing.  Did Joe TNS the 155?  Or did he cheat close it like the rest of you?  LOL

I do not set grippers Vin! I just missed the 162 with the no set. 155 ain’t bad for a contest no set. Eric said he was going to mention that it was a no set, but he must of forgot. 😆

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Congrats Eric & Joe and all the athletes. Very impressive lifts for you two and both did great on the 20mm grippers. Major with 61 on Mini inch pinch is exceptional 

Thanks, Mike. It was a lot of fun. The dance Eric, Justin and myself go through is quite exciting. 

20 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I do not set grippers Vin! I just missed the 162 with the no set. 155 ain’t bad for a contest no set. Eric said he was going to mention that it was a no set, but he must of forgot. 😆

Yeah, I figured that is how it went down, just wanted it out there.  Nice work.

Just now, Vinnie said:

You know it, Vincenzo. I may not win, but I keep it on the real! 🤪

Just now, Vinnie said:

And as you know because we have discussed this, while I do set for contests, I am not very good at setting and I don't set as narrow as some, and I really appreciate no set closes.  My best is far from 155 though!  

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

And as you know because we have discussed this, while I do set for contests, I am not very good at setting and I don't set as narrow as some, and I really appreciate no set closes.  My best is far from 155 though!  

I just can’t get myself to do the pre closing sets. I don’t care if it costs me a contest. It’s just the way I enjoy doing it. I don’t want to lose that ability to full close. Maybe someday. 

Edited by Guest

Setting is a pain in the ass, and personally a waste of energy. Im with Mr. Rice in that either choked grippers or hand dynos should be the standard. Ive TNS my 144 one lucky time, otherwise I have a hard time with getting the gripper to sit in the right place for the squeeze. 

Great job everyone. 

2 hours ago, KapMan said:

Setting is a pain in the ass, and personally a waste of energy. Im with Mr. Rice in that either choked grippers or hand dynos should be the standard. Ive TNS my 144 one lucky time, otherwise I have a hard time with getting the gripper to sit in the right place for the squeeze. 

Great job everyone. 

I don’t like dynamometers at all, i see no carryover from grippers to a dyno in my own experience and it’s only an isometric squeeze testing strength only in that one limited position. I also don’t like choked grippers because it’s only a very limited range of the crush movement.  I fancy the full range movement for maximum strength. This is my OPINION and I’m sure I’ll open a big can of worms by stating it and this going to get very picked apart  real quick from some folks.... Oh well, I vote we just take grippers out of comps🤣...If I ever throw a competition, you can guarantee the gripper event will be no set style. Think many would attend? 🤡

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I don’t like dynamometers at all, i see no carryover from grippers to a dyno in my own experience and it’s only an isometric squeeze testing strength only in that one limited position. I also don’t like choked grippers because it’s only a very limited range of the crush movement.  I fancy the full range movement for maximum strength. This is my OPINION and I’m sure I’ll open a big can of worms by stating it and this going to get very picked apart  real quick from some folks.... Oh well, I vote we just take grippers out of comps🤣...If I ever throw a competition, you can guarantee the gripper event will be no set style. Think many would attend? 🤡

I'd attend with a no set event, for sure.  but I think it is narrow to train grippers ONLY with no set, because I think you could improve your crush by doing both no set AND choked or set closes.  As I think Chez was trying to explain to me, if you don't practice with setting, your sweep will be AHEAD of your final crush, and you will deprive yourself of reaching your max gripper close of either method by not training WITH setting.  You are lucky to be big and strong so you will have nice crush numbers by any method, but you could probably do a little better opening up the mind to some work on the inside.  If you don't, meh, you will still outcrush most guys anyway.  For me, I want to go closer to my absolute max so I do try a bit with the setting, not as much as I should maybe but I recognize it as part of my optimum training.  I like a dynamometer for a very equalized crush test, but it is not a workout, it is a test.

• Like 1

A small but significant change has been made to the overall results. Justin Major actually finished with 7 points, not 8. So he is the overall champion!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

A small but significant change has been made to the overall results. Justin Major actually finished with 7 points, not 8. So he is the overall champion!

Oh wow!!! I’ll bet he’s THRILLED

Congrats to all the competitors!  Looks like it was a fantastic contest.

7 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

👍🏻