Ironmind Gold (ironmind cert conditions)

Danny Young

Dang. 

Major props to you. Retain that strength and make the certification happen one day.

38 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Major props to you. Retain that strength and make the certification happen one day.

Thanks. I cut a gold down to 8" and got it very easily. I notice 4 out 6 in this batch were very very soft. I'm might be able to get the harder one I have left at 8 3/8". Will have to try when I rest up. 

What the hell?

what did my eyes just see???

Man damnit. Still cant bend a damn red, and you are over here melting bars. 

12 hours ago, Danny Young said:

Thanks. I cut a gold down to 8" and got it very easily. I notice 4 out 6 in this batch were very very soft. I'm might be able to get the harder one I have left at 8 3/8". Will have to try when I rest up. 

I was expecting this to happen sooner or later. 3/8 x 8 3/8 of regular CRS isn’t really that difficult. The Ironmind gold nail just happen to have been made from super sturdy CRS, simply by sheer chance. Sooner or later the old stock would run out and then an “easier” batch show up. I expect a bunch of steel benders to be able to cert on it now. Not me though, my shoulder is trashed and probably needs surgery, followed by a long period of rehab and training before I can even think about DO bending anything harder than a yellow nail.

Danny, if I were you I would send Ironmind an email right now and cert before someone else does.

Dang strong man!  Get that cert now!

Great bend, but it seemed that the 3/8" HRS steel bar you bend a few days ago is harder than the Gold nail. Really strange....:blink

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Martin Kotte said:

Great bend, but it seemed that the 3/8" HRS steel bar you bend a few days ago is harder than the Gold nail. Really strange....:blink

Actually they were the same.

10 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I was expecting this to happen sooner or later. 3/8 x 8 3/8 of regular CRS isn’t really that difficult. The Ironmind gold nail just happen to have been made from super sturdy CRS, simply by sheer chance. Sooner or later the old stock would run out and then an “easier” batch show up. I expect a bunch of steel benders to be able to cert on it now. Not me though, my shoulder is trashed and probably needs surgery, followed by a long period of rehab and training before I can even think about DO bending anything harder than a yellow nail.

Danny, if I were you I would send Ironmind an email right now and cert before someone else does.

I'll let someone else take the cert. I have absolutely no interest in certs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, David_wigren said:

But wouldn't a cert with so obviously softer steel than usual cause the same discussion as with any Kinney thread?

I do not think that would do you a favor, especially if you're the first one to do it....

3 hours ago, Martin Kotte said:

But wouldn't a cert with so obviously softer steel than usual cause the same discussion as with any Kinney thread?

I do not think that would do you a favor, especially if you're the first one to do it....

No, I think this is entirely the fault of Ironmind for not properly testing their steel. I don’t even know if they test them at all. The poundages becomes a total crap shot. The red nail has fluctuated alot over the years and it’s only natural that the gold nail would also. I think the gold nail has been over hyped due to it initially being made from exceptionally hard CRS. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Danny Young said:

I'll let someone else take the cert. I have absolutely no interest in certs.

K.