Spin off.... summer of “ STRICT pull ups” (all kinds)

Just started doing Middle Finger Pullups. I started out with a mixed grip then went to palms up. Was able to get a pause at the top on a couple.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Anything but strict, but I thought you guys could use a laugh...

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:18 PM, James Fuller said:

Just started doing Middle Finger Pullups. I started out with a mixed grip then went to palms up. Was able to get a pause at the top on a couple.

Very cool James!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nice job Mike, I love the smoke in the foreground! Reminds of 80's Miami Hurricanes running onto the field thru the smoke pre-game:)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I saw the smoke and thought it was gonna be a WWF entrance of Papa Shango.

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I saw the smoke and thought it was gonna be a WWF entrance of Papa Shango.

Only bagpipes baby!

0 0 0 0 0 download.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Only bagpipes baby!

0 0 0 0 0 download.jpeg.jpg

Loved the bagpipes but couldn’t understand a word the guy said... with his STRONG “Scottish accent” and all.... 🤡  also... that bears a striking resemblance to @Kluv#0 !! They both have that unpredictable 0-60 in under a second personality as well! Were you guys separated at birth, Michael T???

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Loved the bagpipes but couldn’t understand a word the guy said... with his STRONG “Scottish accent” and all.... 🤡  also... that bears a striking resemblance to @Kluv#0 !! They both have that unpredictable 0-60 in under a second personality as well! Were you guys separated at birth, Michael T???

Scotts Canadian 

I guess I should try something...

Well, I'm trying...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JStepien said:

I guess I should try something...

Well, I'm trying...

Nice job skinny!

• Like 1

Serious big boy pullups.  Everyone is 330 or above.  Some way above!  Poundstone was pretty dang strict.  Thor doing kipping pullups was kind of humorous, but the rest are pretty darn good.  Shaw knocking out 6 reps at 440 is just nuts to me.  I think @David_wigren had a point.  When you get super big, it's tough to get the range of motion to get high above the bar.  Anyway, all these are super impressive.  Except maybe Thor.  lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nice job skinny!

6 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

He does look rather svelte.

I wish I was lol... I'm just less fat than before

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Your ham hocks look ripped

Dude... highly suspect.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  But he might sue you in the me too era.

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Dude... highly suspect.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  But he might sue you in the me too era.

Huh? Ham hock is what Gorilla Monsoon would say when describing a big dudes arms.... being a wrestling fan, I know Big John Studd knew where I was going ...what were you thinking RINDO??  🤔 I NEED MY SAFE SPACE!!

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Huh? Ham hock is what Gorilla Monsoon would say when describing a big dudes arms.... being a wrestling fan, I know Big John Studd knew where I was going ...what were you thinking RINDO??  🤔 I NEED MY SAFE SPACE!!

Hamhock is from the leg of the pig.  Just below the ham.  Just wanted to make sure you weren't sexually objectifying poor John.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hamhock is from the leg of the pig.  Just below the ham.  Just wanted to make sure you weren't sexually objectifying poor John.

Not according to good ole Gorilla monsoon.... he’s a scholar in anatomy and physiology. 

I know where you're going, but I agree with rindo. Ham hocks are legs I believe... I do remember Roddy Piper saying that about the undertaker when he debuted at 1990 Survivor Series

9 hours ago, JStepien said:

I know where you're going, but I agree with rindo. Ham hocks are legs I believe... I do remember Roddy Piper saying that about the undertaker when he debuted at 1990 Survivor Series

Hahahahaha YESSSS when he was walking down the aisle.... TAKE A LOOK AT THOOOSEEE HAMMM HOOCKKKSSS..... I remember it vividly!

• 3 weeks later...

10 strict dead hang  wide grip pull ups  from 2 3/8 inch bar thumbless at 265

This was done at the end of a 3 inch axle and 2.5 inch Saxon bar, and anvil horn lifts. Curious to see what I can do fresh. Maybe next time.

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

10 strict dead hang  wide grip pull ups  from 2 3/8 inch bar thumbless at 265

This was done at the end of a 3 inch axle and 2.5 inch Saxon bar, and anvil horn lifts. Curious to see what I can do fresh. Maybe next time.

Very strong Joe!