Spin off.... summer of “ STRICT pull ups” (all kinds)

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This may be the hardest and most painful variant of pull ups/chin ups I have tried. 265 pounds today. This was after a buffet assault and after high rep sledgehammer wrist ulnar and radial deviation exercises.... so may have gotten more reps if my forearms were not already fried, I do not know. 

Finger tip chin ups with palm and forearm flush with the beam of a barn. The wood was not smooth. Felt like my skin was going to rip off. Did 3 sets of 7 reps. I would compare this kind of pull up to a preacher bench curl, as there’s no movement of the lower arm at all due to being flush against the wood. Hard as can be.  

Nice. Big forearms man. But you should upgrade that Deere to a Kubota!

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Nice. Big forearms man. But you should upgrade that Deere to a Kubota!

It’s my brother in laws barn. Was over for a birthday party.... it always leads me to the barn to play around with a sledgehammer or something. Haha!

7/30/19  Did some pullups - 2" Country Crush x 11 suspended, BWT 227 w/ clothes. These handles spin and are always very slippery(chalk does not help) 

• Like 3

My son Sawyer wanted to submit his pullup.  He turned 4 last Saturday. 

• Like 6

That's really impressive for guy your size!

When I was arm wrestling (nothing serious just with guys at the football club) I did a lot of timed holds like that and it built a good base for the setup. I could hold it there until I saw them starting to gas out and then hit the go button and take some of the bigger guys by surprise.

44 minutes ago, Raymond said:

That's really impressive for guy your size!

When I was arm wrestling (nothing serious just with guys at the football club) I did a lot of timed holds like that and it built a good base for the setup. I could hold it there until I saw them starting to gas out and then hit the go button and take some of the bigger guys by surprise.

I was thinking the same. Very good for arm wrestling. I did these after wrist wrench, thumb blaster, anvil horn lifts, and 3 inch bar inverted rows, so my grip was toast. I want to see how much I can do with this when I’m fresh. 

I can do 8 very strict, legs straight and whole body stiff and straight, dead hang, chin over bar , pullups at 93 kg body weight. Took me half a year to feel strong and comfortable at this level of stricteness . You should never underestimate good old strict pullup. It's a beast for heavy guys. I am in the middle between heavy and light guys I suppose.

Edited by Goran Paulinič
grammar

Fat boi pull-ups, looking to break 200kg total weight barrier in competition soon and to be first person to break it under WADA testing/drug free in Finland. 

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

@Mywor

Chin ups seems to very popular in Finland with many competitions and stuff. Haven't really seen that elsewhere. 

Is there some history behind it or.. Did it just happen that way? 🤔 

Started from just couple guys who also held "military bench press" competitions aka. feet up bench press with body weight and grew from there. So nothing special, just shows what perseverance of few people can do to a sport. 

I just personally think chin-ups are such a basic movement everyone should be able to do them. 

Edited by Mywor

32 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Fat boi pull-ups, looking to break 200kg total weight barrier in competition soon and to be first person to break it under WADA testing/drug free in Finland. 

Yea big boy!!!

40 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Great job Jesse, that is some serious strength! Just in case somebody doesn't know,  Big Jesse is not only stronger than Fu%$ at Grip, kettlebells, Bench, military, you name it but GREAT at eating tons of food- He has one of the most entertaining YouTube account.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mywor said:

Awesome!  My goal is to eat enough that I don't have to add weight to do this...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mywor said:

That was damn impressive dude! Has anyone in the world ever done a full ROM pull/chin up with a total weight of 200kg before?

One person in Finland has done 200kg in a mock meet, but he isn't natty (nor has he ever clamined to be).

I'm sure there are people you have done way over 200kg expecially with the use of PEDS. 

Brian Shaw could do a couple reps when he weighed 200kg.  Oberst can do a pullup at over 400 lbs.  Not sure how much Kirill weighed at his heaviest, but there was a YouTube video of him doing a couple.

I've never seen anyone human doing them with that much weight though...

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

@Mike Rinderle

I was going to say that I'm not sure that's really the same thing, but when talking total weight of course it is. The ones I've seen from Brian though was very far from strict from what I remember. 

I think Steven proto has the GWR for total weight at 405? With a pull up. If a heavy strongman did even one pull up for an attempt they would break the record. Perhaps there were some other rules, I don't have the motivation to look it up 

Yea, I wasn't talking strict.  I just know I've seen a video of him and Kirill doing them somewhere.   And Robert Oberst just had a video on the youtubes answering questions from fans, where he said he could do one.  He only weighs about 405-410 though.  Lol... only.

Definitely not natty for any of them either.

I've seen Jedd do a Rolling Thunder pull up with a 100 lb plate tween his legs.  So 340 -360 ish.  That was the most impressive pullup I've ever seen live.

13 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Do you know if he has a video of this pull up? He should try to take the record from Alexey.

Not sure.  He did it after a contest when we were all doing feats. 

In my opinion rolling thunder pull-ups are more about pull-up strength than they're about grip. If I ever get a chance to officially do it I'm sure I could push it to +400lbs. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mywor said:

In my opinion rolling thunder pull-ups are more about pull-up strength than they're about grip. If I ever get a chance to officially do it I'm sure I could push it to +400lbs. 

That was awesome.   No offense intended, but those are the old style RTs.  Way easier than the newer version. 

On those, I could do 400 lbs... if I could do a 400 lb pullup of course.  Lol

Jedd did his with the new version.  That definitely brings the grip in a little more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That was awesome.   No offense intended, but those are the old style RTs.  Way easier than the newer version. 

On those, I could do 400 lbs... if I could do a 400 lb pullup of course.  Lol

Jedd did his with the new version.  That definitely brings the grip in a little more.

Sure they're older version, but for me the difference between these handles and the new (new new) ones is 2.5kg at most. When I lifted my PR with the newest model (102.5kg) my record with the handle in my left hand was 102.5kg.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Sure they're older version, but for me the difference between these handles and the new (new new) ones is 2.5kg at most. When I lifted my PR with the newest model (102.5kg) my record with the handle in my left hand was 102.5kg.

No offense meant.  Seriously.  Would love to see you set the record on a set of new handles.  Even on the old... that was nuts.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

No offense meant.  Seriously.  Would love to see you set the record on a set of new handles.  Even on the old... that was nuts.

Didn't take any offense 😁 Every handle is definitely different in grip sport, and has to be taken into account

• Like 1