What CoC do you think I could close?

Jaydo12345

People gave you good advice as to what grippers to get next. I'd get a trainer, one and two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good work. You should give the .5 a shot. Even if you happen to close it easy thats no problem because it will definetly offer a bit of a challenge for your "unseasoned" hands. Its a good solid gripper to get started with.  If your goal is to run through the grippers and climb the coc ladder get the 1 and the 2. If you crack the 1 out of the bag you will have that the sport and the 2 to work with to get to eventually close the 2. If your asking what i think you can close as a max it would depend if the 30 reps was your absolute max and what kind of reps you did. If you completed 30 click reps as a max then id say you can close the 1 but come just short of the 1.5. If you did 30 slow reps opening up pretty wide and you just stopped out of bordom then maybe youd be closer to the 2. Goodluck. Share what happens

Edited by Viceversus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's okay Jaydo. Just try and get your hands on a few harder grippers when you can. 

There are some fun ways you can make the one gripper you have now more of a challenge though. 

You can play around with inverted closes where you turn the gripper upside down, it works the hand in a totally different way.

You can also practice three finger closes where you dont use your pinky at all. And then try at just using two fingers down the road. Just be careful with the two finger attempts as you dont want to strain your tendons too much. 

Also try doing no set and credit card sets.

You can also do ultra high reps for time. I used to do the #1 for 1,000 reps and see what the shortest period of time I could do 1k reps. Then try to beat that time a week or two later etc.

Lots of different ways to make it a challenge. 

• Like 2

The 1.5 and the 2 are solid grippers. May be good grippers to shoot for a max close but for working sets the .5 and the 1 should do it.

9 hours ago, king crusher said:

It's okay Jaydo. Just try and get your hands on a few harder grippers when you can. 

There are some fun ways you can make the one gripper you have now more of a challenge though. 

You can play around with inverted closes where you turn the gripper upside down, it works the hand in a totally different way.

You can also practice three finger closes where you dont use your pinky at all. And then try at just using two fingers down the road. Just be careful with the two finger attempts as you dont want to strain your tendons too much. 

Also try doing no set and credit card sets.

You can also do ultra high reps for time. I used to do the #1 for 1,000 reps and see what the shortest period of time I could do 1k reps. Then try to beat that time a week or two later etc.

Lots of different ways to make it a challenge. 

Shut the gripper you have and hold it closed until you can’t anymore and it opens on its own 

On 7/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, Jaydo12345 said:

I'm 15 years old and just recently got a sport and closed it 40 times right out of the package. Idk how that translates.

Buy yourself a T, #1, #1.5, #2, #2.5, and a #3. Find out.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2019 at 7:08 PM, Jaydo12345 said:

I'm 15 years old and just recently got a sport and closed it 40 times right out of the package. Idk how that translates.

I think you will be able to close the 1.5 IM CofC gripper, which for a 15 year old, is quite good.