Kluv#0

Summer of Rows 2019 (Post your rows here)

temmmeeee
1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Tim, you a BAAD man💪💪💪

Thanks, Michael! It's been fun looking through this thread and had to add something a bit weird ;) Thick bar strength is off this week but maybe next week I'll try my baby inch. Your rows are super strong!

• Like 1

Fist of Fury
29 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Just for poops and giggles adding to the fun. 140lb anvil rows x7:

Dangerous exercise to be strong at. You could stab yourself to death :D

Great stuff man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
14 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Just for poops and giggles adding to the fun. 140lb anvil rows x7:

Very cool Tim!

• Thanks 1

Kluv#0

8/2/19 A.M. Meadows rows 4- 35's x 10

• Like 2

Mike Rinderle
49 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

8/2/19 A.M. Meadows rows 4- 35's x 10

Strong stuff Mike

• Thanks 1

Kluv#0
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong stuff Mike

Thanks CEO👍 I had two rowing vids - the Meadows and Mini-Inch Pinch Rows so I shared the Meadows rows 😊

• Haha 1

Lennix

We don't have heavier dumbbells..... welp this is my 5th time ever doing dumbbell rows so perhaps I shouldn't complain xD 

I

• Like 1

Fist of Fury
18 minutes ago, Lennix said:

We don't have heavier dumbbells..... welp this is my 5th time ever doing dumbbell rows so perhaps I shouldn't complain xD 

I

If it's only your fifth time doing the exercise I don't think you'll need heavier bells at the moment I think you can get stronger just by using that dumbbell. Go as high as 50 reps or even more...

Kluv#0

Just use an Ez-curl bar, Tricep bar or Oly barbell and go heavy. Doing 50 reps is not going to do sheet for ya- trust me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joseph Sullivan
57 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Just use an Ez-curl bar, Tricep bar or Oly barbell and go heavy. Doing 50 reps is not going to do sheet for ya- trust me!

Truth! It will work for muscle endurance... but what in earth will you ever have to row for 50 reps. That will definitely bring down your strength. Anything over 8 reps in my experience becomes more endurance than muscle growth or strength. For my, 3 -6 reps is ideal for both strength and size. 

• Like 1

Lennix
1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

If it's only your fifth time doing the exercise I don't think you'll need heavier bells at the moment I think you can get stronger just by using that dumbbell. Go as high as 50 reps or even more...

Your correct I would since cns etc didnt know wtf I was doing. But I rather not go over 10 reps! 

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I'll try the ez bar! Thanks for the tip :D

• Like 1

Climber028
1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Say whatever you want but I bet he can start lawnmowers all day while we're wasting time icing our shoulders

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kluv#0
10 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Say whatever you want but I bet he can start lawnmowers all day while we're wasting time icing our shoulders

This is rowing thread - no icing of shoulders needed. Thanks for checking it out.

Hopefully

@Lennix

You'll go 100kg + in no time with a barbell 

Lennix
16 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Haha that was my initial thought, really looks like the same movement when the lawnmower is acting up. 

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

@Lennix

You'll go 100kg + in no time with a barbell 

It's so weird to do it when their so damn long, balance is hard!  I guess I'll try it.. Thanks! 

Kluv#0
30 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Iam quite aware of high rep rows.

Joseph Sullivan
1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

When on earth would you have to pull start a lawnmower engine 50x in a row😂😂😂.... I’ve been doing heavy rows all my life on and off and have never iced my shoulders once. In fact, I’d gamble to say that doing 50 reps a set might wear your shoulders out faster than lower reps with a heavy weight. I feel nothing in my shoulders when I row. So, what would you rather do? Pull start a lawn mower 50 times in a row? Which you’ll never have to do if your mower works.... OR .... row the inch dumbbell once? I think I know what the majority on this thread are gonna pick if they are honest. 😉

• Like 1

Kluv#0

This video will get the thread back on track:)

• Like 1

Lennix
19 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks again for the tip! Felt great, abit wobbly at first but started to get the hang of it 

• Like 1

Kluv#0
17 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Thanks again for the tip! Felt great, abit wobbly at first but started to get the hang of it 

Excellent set! Very impressive power you have already at a young age!

• Like 1

Lennix
16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Excellent set! Very impressive power you have already at a young age!

Thank you! I've been into powerlifting for 3 years and grip for 1 year and a few months.

• Like 2

Kluv#0

I have not done these in years(and it shows-A for effort, LOL) but Renegade rows, when done correctly, can be challenging for core, lats. Iam hoping somebody does one arm inverted rows, Love watching that kind of strength!

• Like 1

Raymond
40 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I have not done these in years(and it shows-A for effort, LOL) but Renegade rows, when done correctly, can be challenging for core, lats. Iam hoping somebody does one arm inverted rows, Love watching that kind of strength!

I'm up for a challenge, I reckon I'm good for a few reps. Mind you it's 2.15 am here and I have 700ml of vodka under my belt so I could having myself on.

• Like 1

Hopefully

One arm inverted row is very impressive imo. I could never do one even though I was kinda strong with them a few years back. Maybe all it takes is some specific work though

Kluv#0

8/4/19  Yates row 275 lb x 9 - No straps  A.M. BWT 223 lb

• Like 3